Team-BHP - Toyota Supra Successor
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Supra Successor (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/18592-toyota-supra-successor.html)

Car and Driver has a set of photos of the upcoming 2008 Lexus LF-A, the spiritual successor to the Toyota Supra being tested at the Nürburgring circuit. The car is said to be released with a mid-mounted V10 engine making over 500 horsepower, putting it way up there in supercar territory.

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/...exus-lf-a.html

Source:
Paultan.org
and
caranddriver.com

isnt this like 2 yrs old news??

But I am sure it will be a Turbo contender with a hard top convertible and 500-520hp under the hood, just hope its light, under 3500 lb...Lets see how it drives...and stacks up against the best from Japan(GTR) and America(Z06/FGT)

but the current/previous supra still looks better imo....the smooth flowing lins/curves of the supra look better than the razor cuts and straight lines of the new version.

The lines remind me of a cross between the S2000 and the 350Z

If this is true, it bades well for Toyota, who apart from their current Supra- which is aging fast, don't have any delectable supercar wannabe in their stables

are you sure thats the car?

cos its really ugly

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak
are you sure thats the car?

cos its really ugly

Well that was a prototype the actual production would follow more curves and should look nice, considering the LS was extreemly impressive, the ES became a nice looking car from the butt ugly last gen, the IS became a nice looker too from the soso last gen and the GS also became a great looker, its a good turn for the lexus in style over all but will have to see how they redo the SC and this upcoming supercar.

i bet this car was built for competiton for the skyline r35 same way there was competition between the supra and r33 but 500 horses i want one even though the r35 is 400 but will it be street legal in the us?? after the r34 bit the dust after not being street legal??

well we shall have to wait and see...iam sure the end product will have a lot of changes...

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawan
i bet this car was built for competiton for the skyline r35 same way there was competition between the supra and r33 but 500 horses i want one even though the r35 is 400 but will it be street legal in the us?? after the r34 bit the dust after not being street legal??

yep...the new GTR is gonna be prolly starting at $70k. apparently the R33 is still legal in the US, but not the R32 or R34...but in canada any car 15 years or older can be imported.

^^ wish i had a r34.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caduceus
yep...the new GTR is gonna be prolly starting at $70k. apparently the R33 is still legal in the US, but not the R32 or R34...but in canada any car 15 years or older can be imported.

upe a company called motorex imported them legally to the us but the shut shop. there are very few skylines even on ebay.

btw isnt it supposed to be r36 because technically, the G35 is a skyline in japan.

Next Toyota Supra to be a hybrid

Apparently there will be a variant of the Lexus LF-A sold under the Toyota brand under the venerable Supra badge, but instead of using the LF-A’s 500hp V10, it will use a tuned up version of the Lexus GS450h’s 339hp 3.5 liter V6 hybrid engine paired with a 7-speed automatic transmission.

The hybrid powertrain, called the 2GR-FSE, is said to produce power equivalent to a 4.5 liter V8, hence the GS450h moniker. The S in the engine code represents the inclusion of Toyota’s D4-S twin injection system, which combines direct injection with traditional port injection. At low revs, the engine uses a combination of both direct injection and port injection, while at high load conditions only direct injection is used. This supposedly allows for better fuel efficiency.
The new Toyota Supra hybrid sportscar is expected to be unveiled end of 2007.

Source: Paultan.org

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG
Toyota, who apart from their current Supra

Erm, the Supra hasn't been sold since 2002.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
Next Toyota Supra to be a hybrid

Apparently there will be a variant of the Lexus LF-A sold under the Toyota brand under the venerable Supra badge, but instead of using the LF-A’s 500hp V10, it will use a tuned up version of the Lexus GS450h’s 339hp 3.5 liter V6 hybrid engine paired with a 7-speed automatic transmission.

Unfortunately this is a bad bad chop considering this is a total look a like of the GTR and toyota wouldnt want that to happen ever..if you look closely at the roof line and the side scoops and the front it totaly resembles it with some touch up using solora coupe..