Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2007, 00:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
On a more lighter note[impractical too],with the global indian takeover by Indian businesshouses being the latest trend[cash being an absolute non-issue],should we not expect a bid from Tata/Mahindra for Chrysler?
that would be cool..i am up for it, but i doubt something like this will happen in the next 5 yrs still
Old 15th February 2007, 12:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Chrysler Chops 13,000 jobs

Chrysler will chop 13,000 jobs, 2,000 of them in Windsor and Brampton in Ontario, Canada in a bid to cut down on escalating costs. Dodge and Chrysler Minivans and Chrysler Pacifica are made in Windsor while Dodge Challenger, Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger and Magnums are assembled in Brampton. One shift at the Warren, Mich. truck plant, which makes the Dodge Ram and Dakota pickups will be eliminated. Another shift at the St. Louis South assembly plant, which makes Chrysler and Dodge minivans will be eliminated.

Chrysler lost US$1.5 billion in the third quarter of 2006, and its sales were down 7 per cent last year.

The question about Diamler's plans for Chrysler:

Quote:
DaimlerChrysler Chairman Dieter Zetsche said the company is looking into "further strategic options with partners'' for Chrysler.
Quote:
Future vehicles made by the company, analysts say, will likely share more parts with Mercedes vehicles
Full Story: Toronto CTV, Canada.

Last edited by amit : 15th February 2007 at 12:32.
Old 15th February 2007, 13:38   #18
BHPian

I was working with DC Research & Technology India earlier, and though the companies were one on paper, culturally they were never able to integrate. Whenever the americans were in losses, the germans are happy and when the germans are in trouble, the americans are happy. It is only recently that some efforts at bringing in cultural integration had started...and now I see this news!!!
Old 15th February 2007, 20:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

Job cuts have become the norm at the Big3. At the end of this month, Ford is going to chop something like 20,000 jobs. Not a good time to be an automotive engineer in the US, I tell you.
Old 15th February 2007, 21:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
I have been in the US for 2 months now....just gave back my company rental car & have been looking for a pre-owned car to buy...
dodge, jeep, chevy, ford, pontiac - all have PATHETIC resale values - 50000 miles done & owners are ready to sell their cars at throw away prices..
the Japs rule...
Looks like GM, Ford, Chrysler all have a bleak future ahead...
off topic, i think the reason being americans are more casual about their cars and they like to throw them away. asians keep their cars and and hence high resale values.

did you notice the low resale value cars are not all that bad, if you need for a small time. Asians just ignore god deals on them when they are in market. I had almost bought a good 2000 ford explorer for 3800$, but that person did not let me take the car to firestone (his rental parking spot issue) for checkup.
Old 16th February 2007, 20:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Reports: Chrysler, General Motors Talking Alliance

Chrysler Group and General Motors Corp. have held discussions for about six months about a possible alliance related to large sport utility vehicles, according to newspaper reports Friday.
The Wall Street Journal, citing people familiar with the matter that it didn't name, said the automakers had preliminary discussions to jointly develop a large SUV such as the Chevrolet Suburban, which Chrysler doesn't have in its lineup.
The New York Times, citing people with direct knowledge of the talks that it didn't name, said the companies are holding discussions about a project that would provide Chrysler with a version of the Chevrolet Tahoe large SUV.

GM and Chrysler also are looking at sharing small cars developed by GM Daewoo Auto & Technology
, a unit of GM in South Korea that builds the Chevrolet Aveo compact car for GM, the Journal reported.

Source:
FOXNews.com - Reports: Chrysler, General Motors Talking Alliance - Hybrid Cars | Vehicles | Car Buying
Old 5th April 2007, 16:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

The Globe and Mail reports that Canadian auto parts maker, Magna International has submitted a bid for Chrysler's take over. Magna and private equity players Blackstone Group LP and Cerberus Capital Management have been identified by news reports as being interested in Chrysler.

Full Story: CTV, Canada.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks