Team-BHP - Chrysler in Deep trouble. Daimler-Chrysler Divorce?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Chrysler in Deep trouble. Daimler-Chrysler Divorce? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/18606-chrysler-deep-trouble-daimler-chrysler-divorce.html)

Chryslers losing good money. FAST. While Mercedes is doing pretty well for itself. Is a divorce inevitable?

Link to BusinessWeek Article

It is better is they seperate Chryshler from the Mercedes brand.IMO Chryshler is excess baggage that should be dropped immediately.Wether they sell it or not is another matter,but atleast they should seperate the 2 companies.DiamlerBenz AG sounds beautiful.

Dont know if Chrysler makes money or what, IMHO thay make some of the most good looking cars in the world. Have you guys seen Concorde, Pacifica, etc..

Heard the quality of engine is no at all reliable. How about if Chrysler makes the bodies and engines are supplied by Toyota or Honda ?

If its a divorce, its going to be a messy one. Since one party is american, you can rest assured that the other one will lose the house, the bank balance, the dog, the golf club membership, the house in the country and everything else.

Jokes apart there's too much riding on this alliance for a break-away to be considered. That is, assuming that the american economy remains important in the future - unfortunately that does not seem to be the outlook and people are busy placing bets elsewhere. Is DB considering a long-term gamble?

Well to me I am a owner of Concorde from Chrysler. I love this vehicle.
Its got all the punch for a V6 engine. What else do you require. Also Chrysler has tie-ups(i guess) with Jeep and Dodge under one roof. So whats the point in Daimler loosing its ground in US. Its not good for both Chrysler and Daimler.
As far the as the aesthectical appeal of the car, why don't you guys check the new 2007 Chrysler Sebring and the ASPEN SUV. both of them are gorgeous in my mind. And of course do you know the CROSSFIRE from chrysler. The body is made of Chrylser but under the hood its the Benz engine that is giving life to CROSSFIRE. So for me Chrysler is not bad at all if you compare with other car manufacturers.
Only disadvantage with chrysler is it doesn't have too many models under each category. I mean all Japnese manufacturers have different models at low cost but chrysler vehicles except PT Cruiser is above $20k in US.

And don't forget to check the Chrysler 300 vehicle. Its another beauty from them.period.

300C SRT, 20"RIMS, BREMBO BRAKES, SPORTS TUNED SUSPENSION, SPORT SEATS, 6.1L, 425 BHP...0 - 100 around 4.7 sec, what more do you want??

The point is Chryshler is loosing money.they just suffered a quaterly loss of 1.2billion $'s.how can anyone sustain them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
300C SRT, 20"RIMS, BREMBO BRAKES, SPORTS TUNED SUSPENSION, SPORT SEATS, 6.1L, 425 BHP...0 - 100 around 4.7 sec, what more do you want??

clap:

@ Cali - is it true that we're going to see SRT versions of all Chrysler vehicles? Like a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT and a PT Cruiser SRT....?

I heard about the 300C SRT - its wicked, but somehow I prefer the looks of the Charger SRT.

PS: Hows the Charger RT different from the SRT ? I pass one of those every day on the way to work - same black Charger RT driven by a blonde....but it doesnt seem very fast. PS: REPLY ON PM - LETS NOT STRAY FROM THE TOPIC.

Methinks the big 3 are waiting to see who sheds big blood in terms of severe job cuts/ closures first.

My gut feel is that DC will scale down move chrysler towards niches with the 300C, Jeep etc in a more political correct manner which it is still trying to figure out

Chrysler: $1,000 for your sedan

DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group is so sure its redesigned Chrysler Sebring sedan can hold its own in the tough midsize sedan market that it will give $1,000 in cash to any shopper who trades in a Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Nissan Altima or Ford Fusion for a 2007 Sebring.

More at:
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...343/1148/rss25

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
Chrysler: $1,000 for your sedan

DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group is so sure its redesigned Chrysler Sebring sedan can hold its own in the tough midsize sedan market that it will give $1,000 in cash to any shopper who trades in a Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Nissan Altima or Ford Fusion for a 2007 Sebring.

More at:
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...343/1148/rss25

Ford was doing the similar here. $500 to you if you test drive the Fusion and then buy an Accord or a Camry.

I have been in the US for 2 months now....just gave back my company rental car & have been looking for a pre-owned car to buy...
dodge, jeep, chevy, ford, pontiac - all have PATHETIC resale values - 50000 miles done & owners are ready to sell their cars at throw away prices..
the Japs rule...
Looks like GM, Ford, Chrysler all have a bleak future ahead...

DaimlerChrysler might drop Chrysler Group

DaimlerChrysler today announced that it is open to the possibility of dropping the loss-making Chrysler group from it’s organization structure, or finding new partners for the American automotive group. Previously, DCX stood by Chrysler with a long-term commitment since it’s merger in 1998, but perhaps a predicted operating loss of more than US$1.31 billion foreseen by analysts - the third full-year loss since the merger is just too much for DCX to take. This loss will be offsetted by an earnings rebound at premium passenger car division Mercedes Benz and solid results from its market-leading truck manufacturing division.

Source:DaimlerChrysler might drop Chrysler Group
DaimlerChrysler CEO considers selling Chrysler, report says

DaimlerChrysler CEO Dieter Zetsche is considering the radical step of selling the company's Chrysler division, reports said Wednesday.
Zetsche has asked a US investment bank to examine possible options for the German-American company amid an expected billion-dollar-loss suffered by Chrysler last year.
'Anything is possible ... and it is considerably more likely that something drastic will happen than nothing at all,' said an unnamed company source quoted in the German business daily Handelsblatt.
The Frankfurter Allgemeine newspaper also reported that the sale of Chrysler was being pondered.

Source:
DaimlerChrysler CEO considers selling Chrysler, report says - Business

Ps: Suprisingly Valentines day chosen for the announcement

On a more lighter note[impractical too],with the global indian takeover by Indian businesshouses being the latest trend[cash being an absolute non-issue],should we not expect a bid from Tata/Mahindra for Chrysler?

THats surprising, because it was just yesterday that I saw a news article here that said DC was planning to scrap all Chrysler platforms and use Daimler Benz platforms (underpnnings and chassis) for all new Chrysler vehicles in an effort to bring the two entities closer together and reduce Chrysler inefficiencies.