Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2017, 17:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Fisker releases teaser images of all-electric sedan - EMotion

Fisker Inc., an America-based automotive manufacturer, has released a set of teaser images of its upcoming all-electric sedan. Named as Fisker EMotion, the car is expected to be unveiled in the near future, while pre-bookings will begin from June 30, 2017.

Henrik Fisker launched Fisker Automotive back in 2007. The automotive manufacturer came in the limelight with the introduction of the Fisker Karma, which was one of the first plug-in hybrid electric vehicles in the world. In 2014, the design and manufacturing facilities of Fisker Automotive were purchased by China-based Wanxiang Group. The Fisker brand name however was retained by Henry Fisker, who then relaunched the firm as Fisker Inc. in 2016.

The Fisker EMotion has been pegged at a starting price of $129,990. The company is claiming that the car can deliver an all-electric range of 400 miles, which is equivalent to around 644 km. Top speed of the EMotion is being claimed to be around 259 km/h. Fisker also claims that the battery pack can be charged rapidly, giving a range of 160 km with just 9 minutes of charge.

According to the official details revealed by Fisker Inc., the EMotion is built using a carbon fibre and aluminium structure. The nose of the Fisker EMotion houses a LIDAR system that is hidden from view behind a tinted screen, which is located in the middle of the car's fascia. The side mirrors come with two cameras, which offer 360-degree views to the driver.

Fisker has further revealed that the EMotion will be retailed through the company's official website. Additionally, the company is also working on opening dedicated experience centres in key locations that will provide a first-hand experience of the car to prospective customers. Regular services of the car will be done at The Hybrid Shop, which currently has 36 service centres in North America and Canada.

Fisker releases teaser images of all-electric sedan - EMotion-2.jpg

Fisker releases teaser images of all-electric sedan - EMotion-1.jpg

Fisker releases teaser images of all-electric sedan - EMotion-3.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 8th June 2017 at 17:55.
dZired is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 18:39   #2
BHPian

Re: Fisker releases teaser images of all-electric sedan - EMotion

There is a simple rule with EV's. More the EVs, the merrier it is!

What More -
1. Number of players. Tesla + Fisker + many more
2. More miles per charge. 9 min charge gives 160 km range! I dont mind a restroom break for 9 mins every 160 kms!
3. More electric vehicles - less impact on pollution.
4. More stylish cars - brings in more customers. Fisker looks cool (better than Tesla, in my opinion)
5. More tech - carbon fibre + aluminium body, cameras all around, to name a few!

Bring it on EV makers!

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2017 at 17:23. Reason: Fisker, not Frisker :)
OrangeCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 17:25   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Looks like a scam to me. Fisker went bankrupt before and I won't be surprised if they disappear again. As of date, the company has no real employees, money or factory. Anyone can release some sketches or a concept. I'll believe it when I see it rolling off a production line.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 15:20   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Looks like a scam to me. Fisker went bankrupt before and I won't be surprised if they disappear again. As of date, the company has no real employees, money or factory. Anyone can release some sketches or a concept. I'll believe it when I see it rolling off a production line.

They did go out of business...sort of. They got bought out by a Chinese businessman and restarted operations down in Southern California. They have a production line down in Moreno Valley, CA and as the link below restarted production/deliveries of the older Karma now named Revero.

insideevs.com/karma-revero-delivery-day-sees-first-cars-head-customers/

For a company that has kind of came back to life and is trying to manufacture in a state like CA, its a bit bold. But more EVs the better!
Bhatman510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 17:46   #5
BHPian

That front end look ghastly!

With that said, it might not be a 'scam', but there may not be any time based schedules or an actual factory like production process; but more like an independent manufacture. Something like the DC Avanti. For whatever it's worth, its up on the Fisker website too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks