Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2017, 17:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Turkey: Ford Aspire facelift spotted

The Ford Aspire facelift has been spotted testing in Turkey. The spy shots show the compact sedan wearing heavy camouflage.

Turkey: Ford Aspire facelift spotted-fordfigoaspire.jpg

Ford has been working on a mid-life facelift for the Figo range, which includes the hatchback and the Aspire. Although the spy images don't reveal much, the Aspire is expected to get a slightly reworked exterior. Additionally, a revised dashboard sporting a touchscreen infotainment system is likely to be on the cards.

Turkey: Ford Aspire facelift spotted-fordfigoaspire-1.jpg

The Aspire facelift is likely to get a new 1.2-litre petrol engine from Ford's Dragon series. The engine is believed to be derived from the 1.5-litre petrol engine that is likely to power the upcoming EcoSport facelift. This all-aluminium engine is said to be 10% lighter than the current 4-cylinder Sigma series engine.

As recent spy shots have shown, Ford could also be planning to introduce a crossover version of the Figo in India.

Source: Motor1 Turkey

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 18th August 2017 at 17:29.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 09:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Turkey: Ford Aspire facelift spotted

When the era of turbo petrol is gaining the center-stage, companies like Ford should also jump into it.

Modular platform, common engine (boosterjet and TDCI) across Aspire & Ecosport and may be even a full sedan (if it is introduced anytime soon) should be the way to go for them. This will help them optimise the cost to a greater extent.

Maruti gave AMT its lease of life and now embarked upon turbo gasoline mills (boosterjet) why cant's companies like Ford are making use of available opportunity for the Indian market

1.5 TDCi + DCT
1.0 Ecoboost + DCT
both will qualify for the lower tax bracket for Ecosport and Aspire !

VW is doing it for quite some time with extensive use of platform, engine and transmission combination across cars and even after selling small volumes, it is making reasonable profits (certainly better margins compared to Ford Motor Company).

Last edited by i74js : 21st August 2017 at 09:43.
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 15:03   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Turkey: Ford Aspire facelift spotted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The Ford Aspire facelift has been spotted testing in Turkey. The spy shots show the compact sedan wearing heavy camouflage.
Hope they don't mess up that handsome face. Nevertheless, I don't think this facelift will do anything to the Aspire's fortunes in India. A facelift never revived any car - at best, it kept interest at the same levels.

Quote:
The Aspire facelift is likely to get a new 1.2-litre petrol engine from Ford's Dragon series
Not a fan of 3-cylinder petrols; however, the Aspire's current 1.2L is damn lame, so I hope whatever change is in place is for the better.

2017-18 are all about Ford facelifts eh? EcoSport Facelift coming up soon, Endeavour facelift has been spotted internationally (and is due), recently read a thread on the Ka / Figo facelift and now this.

Next time I meet someone from Ford, I'm going to ask "how's life at Facelift Motors?" .
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks