Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2006, 04:23   #1
BANNED

Mclaren Mercedes SLS!!!

While roaming around in half slumber, got hit by something like this:
And I was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They say it is the new Mercedes SLS!! Yes, A baby Mclaren.

It's claimed to be a mid engined beast supposed to be a rival for Ferrari 360 Modena, Gallardo and the likes.

There're talks about the car being priced about 150,000 euros and being constructed using Carbonfibre too. The code name of this car is supposed to be P8.
After searching a bit here and there and googling, found this. And this.
There it seems certain that this car is going to be out soon and possibly as early as end 2007!!!!
It seems as if Mclaren is preparing some serious street performance car competition for Ferrai as much like they're doing in F1.
Super car Guru Neil Hannemann, the engineering mind behind many supercars like Dodge Viper, Saleen S7 and the Ford GT is currently working with Mclaren now. So, we can expect this car to be a reality soon.

Some photoshop pics I found:

Pics courtesy: WCF and Ultimatecarpages.com

I dont know, if this is quite old news or what. But there are plenty of rumours about this car doing rounds on the net.
Old 29th November 2006, 12:36   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
McLaren and Mercedes-Benz have put plans for a mid-engined Ferrari F430 rival on hold amid a shake-up of the German company's forthcoming model line-up. New Mercedes boss Eckhard Cordes has ordered a full review of the company's future product strategy as it bids to improve quality and drive down costs. Every all-new car is said to be under scrutiny and the ‘baby' McLaren, codenamed P8, has been affected because it is seen as a niche car compared to its stablemates.
You missed this in one of the links you have given..... it may have been shelved completely :( :(
Old 29th November 2006, 12:39   #3
BHPian

looks very cool but a stronger color will give more character to the car. also the number plate looks awkward on its current position.

Last edited by naveendhyani : 29th November 2006 at 12:40.
Old 29th November 2006, 16:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know this concept was proposed some time in 2004/2005 and was subsequently dropped due to the poor sales of the SLR & souring of relation between Mercedes & McLaren on the road car program.

Don't know the current status but the chances of this car ever being launched were really low after departure of Dieter Zetsche and his replacement Eckhard Cortes was not really keen on such expensive niche products.

But anways will poke around some sources & see what turns up.
Old 29th November 2006, 17:24   #5
BHPian

will be really great if this car comes into production. Looks damn good ! cross your fingers
Old 29th November 2006, 22:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

yeah this is really old news, just new renderings thats all...

been posted here, i think i did if i am not mistaken..

and i think its coming..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks