Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2017, 10:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Lamborghini Terzo Millennio - An electric, self driving, self healing car from the Bull

Lamborghini Terzo Millennio - An electric, self driving, self healing car from the Bull-terzo.png

Lamborghini unveiled its new Electric super hyper car, The Lamborghini ‘Terzo Millennio’
The name sums up the car in whole: Terzo Millennio = Third Millenium.

Some quick bits;
  • The sports car of the future uses electricity instead of gasoline.
  • Built in collaboration with MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
  • Lamborghini aim is to develop super capacitors instead of batteries for energy storage.
  • Monocoque using Lambo’s forged composite tech.
  • This is supposed to 'auto heal': The carbon structure detects and repair damages via micro channels in the bodywork filled with ‘healing chemistries’.

Lamborghini Terzo Millennio - An electric, self driving, self healing car from the Bull-terzo-1.png

Lamborghini Terzo Millennio - An electric, self driving, self healing car from the Bull-terzo2.jpg

Lamborghini Terzo Millennio - An electric, self driving, self healing car from the Bull-terzo3.jpg

Lamborghini Terzo Millennio - An electric, self driving, self healing car from the Bull-terzo-4.jpg

Source: https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/br...erzo-millennio

Last edited by sarathlal : 7th November 2017 at 10:39. Reason: Added pics
sarathlal is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 10:01   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Lamborghini Terzo Millennio - An electric, self driving, self healing car from the Bull

Gosh, is this supposed to be the future of Super Cars? If it's self-driving, electric and there's none of that evocative sound, why would anyone buy a Lamborghini anyway? Just for the looks?

Cars going the electric way are going to be the greatest leveller of performance. Already, we have Teslas that are as quick or quicker than Ferraris & Lamborghinis. It'll be much easier for cheap EVs to be fast than it is today for cheap cars.

Just for the sheer pleasure of driving regular cars, I'm glad I wasn't born 50 years too late.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 10:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lamborghini Terzo Millennio - An electric, self driving, self healing car from the Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Gosh, is this supposed to be the future of Super Cars? If it's self-driving, electric and there's none of that evocative sound, why would anyone buy a Lamborghini anyway? Just for the looks?
But it will have a giant touchscreen and auto everything.... a giant touchscreen can make anything awesome! Sigh.

Having driven a Tesla I am excited for the future with electric cars when it comes to everyday cars but having driven a Tesla I am also a bit sad for the supercars if they all go electric. I stopped watching Formula 1 even since they moved on to turbocharged engines because they are just too silent. Can't fathom a silent supercar... my brain cannot process this!
extreme_torque is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 10:22   #4
Team-BHP Support

You can listen to whatever evocative V12 engine sounds you want from (possibly) a 16 speaker Bang & Olufsen system, perfectly synced to how you floor the accelerator pedal.
SmartCat is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 11:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Some more clicks courtesy a friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini Terzo Millennio - An electric, self driving, self healing car from the Bull-img20171108wa0005.jpg  

Lamborghini Terzo Millennio - An electric, self driving, self healing car from the Bull-img20171108wa0004.jpg  

Lamborghini Terzo Millennio - An electric, self driving, self healing car from the Bull-img20171108wa0003.jpg  

Lamborghini Terzo Millennio - An electric, self driving, self healing car from the Bull-img20171108wa0002.jpg  

fz_rider is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 10:48   #6
BHPian

The worlds first self healing sports car by Lamborghini

Terzo Millennio - The worlds first self-healing sports car has the ability to detect and heal the cracks in its bodywork. Terzo Millennio translates into the third Millenium and has been created in collaboration with MIT, Boston.
It is an all-electric car which is powered by supercapacitors rather than batteries.

Relevance to India - In our country where cars get scratches and crack way too often this technology can play a huge role. The technology will be expensive at first, but in the coming century with electricity powering our cars we may see this adopted. What does Team-BHP think?

Source -
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ng-sports-car/

Pictures -
Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini Terzo Millennio - An electric, self driving, self healing car from the Bull-download.jpg  

Lamborghini Terzo Millennio - An electric, self driving, self healing car from the Bull-download-1.jpg  

SourabhSuresh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 22:04   #7
BHPian

Re: The worlds first self healing sports car by Lamborghini

Of all the marvelous self healing sci fi technology on that car the only line that really put me off was-

"It's an all electric car"

It's really sad to see a supercar giant like Lamborghini to go the electric way!
Skyline_GT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 12:44   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The worlds first self healing sports car by Lamborghini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_GT View Post
Of all the marvelous self healing sci fi technology on that car the only line that really put me off was-

"It's an all electric car"

It's really sad to see a supercar giant like Lamborghini to go the electric way!
I can see myself making peace (not now, not in 2030, but at some point) with the 'all electric' bit as there is just no skirting around that, and I am sure Lamborghini can make it LOUD too using speakers.

What isn't cool though is the self driving bit - on a Lamborghini? Really?

If that happens, I need to figure how to change my username
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 14:37   #9
BHPian

Lamborghini is back to its mental ways and absolutelyI love it. That's what Lamborghini does best: proper nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
You can listen to whatever evocative V12 engine sounds you want from (possibly) a 16 speaker Bang & Olufsen system, perfectly synced to how you floor the accelerator pedal.
Not just that, but you'd have profiles, or manufacturer apps. You want a NA V12 Ferrari scream? A Triple Turbo whoosh with a hood scoop? A loud, whiny supercharger? Pop pops? Rumble? Or even the sound of a super bike? Here, have your pick at the touch of a (virtual) button
ach1lles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 20:14   #10
BHPian

Lamborghini joins the boom in supercar SUVs

Supercar makers have long known that parked next to that snarling Lamborghini, racing-red Ferrari, or stately Bentley at some of the globe's toniest addresses is a practical SUV. With the sport utility vehicle market growing by leaps and bounds, they increasingly want in on those profits.
Lamborghini unveils the once-improbable Urus SUV on Monday at its headquarters in Sant'Agata, Italy, where the supercar maker owned by the Volkswagen group is expanding the factory to meet utility vehicle demand. The Urus enters a luxury field crowded with the Mercedes G-Class, the Bentley Bentayga and the trailblazing Porsche Cayenne — and soon to be joined by Aston Martin, Rolls Royce and, in all probability, Ferrari.

source : http://cbs4local.com/news/nation-wor...-supercar-suvs
Attached Thumbnails
Lamborghini Terzo Millennio - An electric, self driving, self healing car from the Bull-9127e6b18ce145d5abf291ffb8f5ce05large16x9_ap17338376144080.jpg  

Old 4th December 2017, 20:37   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Cars going the electric way are going to be the greatest leveller of performance. Already, we have Teslas that are as quick or quicker than Ferraris & Lamborghinis. It'll be much easier for cheap EVs to be fast than it is today for cheap cars.

Just for the sheer pleasure of driving regular cars, I'm glad I wasn't born 50 years too late.
I was watching some Formula E clips yesterday and it is unbelievably horrible to watch. I mean those things are quieter than a vacuum cleaner. Pumping sound through speakers is something that cars do even today but you know whats underneath. And thats something I could never live with. In fact, these things are convincing me to save more so that I can buy the next gen 340i instead of the 330i. Possibly the last inline 6 ever south of the M3. I have to own one of those in my life!!
HKap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 16:54   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I stopped watching Formula 1 even since they moved on to turbocharged engines because they are just too silent. Can't fathom a silent supercar... my brain cannot process this!
Your comment made me remember this video from Top gear. Echos your comments to the 'T'

Edit - hear the exhaust note at 2.00. Mind blowing

centaur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks