Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2006, 10:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

With the Lexus ES just like the BMW prices will shoot up above the $35 k mark,The Toyota avalon is worth a consideration[aah78 already talked about maintainance costs].

Ps: Team-bhp choice seems to be quite varied right now .

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 1st December 2006 at 10:30.
Old 1st December 2006, 11:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a ton guys

@heelntoe: he is an auto enthusiast but not the one who would give much importance to details like the valves per enine & Vtec & blah blah. He wants a fast car which is smooth to drive doesn t matter if it achieves through 5 valves or just 2 or Vtec or VGIS.

@sahil: I wouldnt suggest him a C as one of my friend in US is regretting buying it, his concerns being high spare part prices once warranty is over + low resale value. Same goes for any other german car. (My same friend's Boss's BMW had got everything from steering wheel to engine replaced under warranty within 2-3 years of ownership)

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st December 2006 at 12:02.
Old 1st December 2006, 12:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

To add to that from what I have heard Mercedes is the most unreliable luxury brand at the moment.
Old 1st December 2006, 12:47   #34
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
To add to that from what I have heard Mercedes is the most unreliable luxury brand at the moment.
i disagree guys .. as far as mercedes quality is concerned..

as a car designer i go through market analysis every 4 months and amongst all the high end brands, mercedes still tops the chart with audi coming in a close second.. please refer j.d.power reviews for more details.

and as far as the spares go .. its a high end luxury car. the spares are high quality and hence the price.. if some one buys a benz. he should frankly not be too worried about the price of parts.

some defects are always expected as all cars are mass produced . .
Old 1st December 2006, 13:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Just a not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
i disagree guys .. as far as mercedes quality is concerned..

as a car designer i go through market analysis every 4 months and amongst all the high end brands, mercedes still tops the chart with audi coming in a close second.. please refer j.d.power reviews for more details.

and as far as the spares go .. its a high end luxury car. the spares are high quality and hence the price.. if some one buys a benz. he should frankly not be too worried about the price of parts.

some defects are always expected as all cars are mass produced . .
48000/- for a sidemirror for an Eclass is not reasonable amount JRD , whatever the reason may be . With that money u can buy a second hand maruti and some of the Mercs owners arent very happy about their cars service/maintenance .

And you know what the funny part is ? Reading the title of the thread I had three cars in my mind Contessa, Amby , Fiat ....and guess what I see instead ? G35,c45,Mig29?????......oh my god , can someone buy such things for 35K ? .........next time atleast make the title clear , 35k a space and a small '$' would have been more appropriate..like 35K $
Old 1st December 2006, 14:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Source:

CNN

The best resale value cars:

Acura/Honda

Source:

Again CNN
Old 1st December 2006, 14:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys lets not get into brands bashing or anything. All I am saying is that the Germans are out of consideration, Simple

@MODs: Thanks for modifying the title
Old 3rd December 2006, 16:22   #38
fb1
BHPian

how bout an EVO 9 ?? or a Mazda RX8
Old 3rd December 2006, 19:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
how bout an EVO 9 ?? or a Mazda RX8
U got no idea about American Insurance companies,bro!
They freak out when they hear the word 'EVO' or 'WRX'!
They SHUD!
Old 3rd December 2006, 19:58   #40
BHPian

which is why i suggested a mazda speed6. almost as fun without the high insurance.
Old 3rd December 2006, 22:41   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

How about if he sticks to his Galant for an additional year or two.....ups his budget and picks up a 'Vette? Now that would really be something.

I did something similar with my D Segmenter. Was going to pick up the Accord and then decided to wait, increase the budget and go for the Merc.
Old 4th December 2006, 04:53   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post

@sahil: I wouldnt suggest him a C as one of my friend in US is regretting buying it, his concerns being high spare part prices once warranty is over + low resale value. Same goes for any other german car. (My same friend's Boss's BMW had got everything from steering wheel to engine replaced under warranty within 2-3 years of ownership)
I am suggesting the new C. The current one has been problematic, you can't really judge the new one based on the current one.
Old 7th December 2006, 00:51   #43
BHPian

I'd check out Saab 9-3 and Volvo S40 also. They are both very attractive cars and the S40 has an AWD version.
Old 13th December 2006, 21:54   #44
BHPian

good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil_singal View Post
The best is buy a mustang GT for 22k $ and get it little sooped up like rims,tints and sound 10k $ and also can even save some money out of 35k $ and spend it on fuel and burn rubber every day...
I like your line of thought man.
souped up GT parked besides a Stock C class. or 3 series.
what will be noticeable first. you decide.

Most Viewed