Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2020, 10:18   #31
BHPian

Re: The 4th-gen Hyundai Santa Fe

BMW has always got flak for their designs in their own time. But there's definitely a reason every other manufacturer starts aping them after a few years.
Old 4th June 2020, 10:59   #32
BHPian

Man this thing looks ugly in photos. A lot of good looking Japanese cars now look too ugly IMHO. The Honda City and the new Civic had such a classic, understated design. They look so gaudy now. The old Jazz had such amazing lines, the new one looks odd to me. Same things with the Amaze.
Old 4th June 2020, 11:32   #33
BHPian

In my opinion it is an acceptable design. It would definitely stand out in a sea of similarly sized crossovers. The stance of the vehicle and the wheels filling up nicely make it rather proportionate. The front end, though a tad busy would in a few months look acceptable as in the earlier polarizing opinions for the Lexuses.

If they plan on aggressively entering the big gross over space with Santa Fe and Palisade it can actually help in building the perception of the brand to a notch higher from a desirability stand point.
Old 4th June 2020, 12:02   #34
BHPian

I am definitely a part of the minority here, l love the rear and the side profile and quite like the front too. Its not downright ugly like the creta. For some reason the look screams luxury to me
Old 4th June 2020, 12:10   #35
BHPian

This probably may be the new design trend Hyundai would follow. Have always been a fan of the SantaFe. Sadly the Grande did not make it to India.
The interiors look much better, even though the exteriors are nothing to write home about.
Old 4th June 2020, 12:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
The rims look like the wheel caps present on Creta S trim.
Those are not wheel caps.
These are 'stylized' pressed steel wheels (look like alloys, but they are made from steel).
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 12:57   #37
BHPian

As for me, I see a lot of Lincoln Nautilus influence in the overall design, especially on the front. The sides spot bit of Audi Q5 influence especially with that prominent crease that runs along the shoulder line. A bit overdone cramming in lot of lines and creases in typical Hyundai fashion. The embellishment that runs down from the DRLs to the headlights looks like a vertical placement of the Volvo's famous Thor's hammer. Keeping up with their trend of ever growing grills, Hyundai has managed to incorporate the Headlamps with the grills making them look wider than they actually are. To be honest, it looks better than those weird shaped grills on recent Hyundai cars. I'm surprised how they have managed to keep that much of bumper though. Soon that may also get covered with a grill/airdam in future iterations and they will achieve the looks of a humpback whale feeding on krills.
Old 4th June 2020, 13:12   #38
BHPian

Good Riddance! That front is so ugly. The rear & side profile looks good. I believe this is the spirit animal of the Santa Fe.
Attached Thumbnails
The 4th-gen Hyundai Santa Fe-images-11.jpeg  

The 4th-gen Hyundai Santa Fe-new_hyundai_santa_fe_13.jpg  

John316_WRC is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 14:55   #39

I like the design quite a bit. I'm pretty sure it will look beautiful in person. This looks very luxurious and the interior is very well done. I love the centre console design!
Old 4th June 2020, 17:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

This SUV has my approval looks absolutely brilliant from all sides. Ya, the front is a bit confusing but it might grow on me for sure. Glad they didn’t screw it all up like they did with Creta!

Regards

RV
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 18:11   #41
BHPian

The front is weird/confusing, the side profile is neutral and the rear is handsome. Apart from the overdone front, the car actually looks mature and understated.
I have never been a fan of Hyundai's interior designs but I really like this one's overall design and layout. It looks very premium and luxurious.
Earlier Hyundai designs were a 'love at first sight' but now it's more like a 'It will grow on me' thing!
Old 4th June 2020, 19:13   #42
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

only meant to be a joke, no offense intended. Just for laughs.
Attached Thumbnails
The 4th-gen Hyundai Santa Fe-50e43d2687b14740aa465a3535e24fca.jpg  

venkyhere is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 19:24   #43
BHPian

Will they launch this in India? Haven't heard anything regarding the same recently. I think they should, it'll attract buyers who are looking for full-size premium SUV and don't want to go for Fortuner/Endeavor. With Kodiaq diesel also not there currently, it can hold it's own in the segment.
Old 4th June 2020, 19:34   #44
BHPian

As Kia keeps getting sexier, Hyundai keeps getting weirder with their designs. Kia has progressively made prettier cars over the last decade and Hyundai seems to be in reverse gear as far as aesthetics go. Case in point (Elantra facelift and the Creta facelift).

Although this current Santa Fe doesn’t really seem like an eyesore, I think the Santa Fe which they last sold in India was the nicest looking version of the car.
Old 4th June 2020, 20:57   #45
BHPian

Looks smart, but the grill is more Kia than Hyundai!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks