Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2018, 11:26   #1
Team-BHP Support

Aston Martin takes a swipe at Rolls Royce

In a rather uncharacteristic aggressive, untypically British manner, Aston Martin Lagonda have upped the ante and mocked Rolls Royce

Aston Martin takes a swipe at Rolls Royce-4a0c215b000005785484143imagea1_1520637216694.jpg

More here
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 14:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Aston Martin takes a swipe at Rolls Royce

For the price of the RR 8 I pay for in India, I can buy both these cars and a secure garage in an English village. - an Indian RR buyer.

I'll charge an additional 120% customs duty on these two cars. These are not made in the US, so Trump-bhai won't imitate Modiji yet again. - a certain union cabinet minister.

You're most welcome to do so. I have tons of money so I can buy both these cars and a villa with 6-car garage in London proper. - a certain Indian spirits baron.

Dude, I've gifted a previous-generation RR and numerous luxury wrist watches to the Indian government. I am now planning to buy a ranch with a home theater with 200-inch screen and a private airstrip here in the US. You come over here next year, it'd be real hilarious watching them auction those watches. Imagine those babus pronouncing Jaeger-LeCoultre Le Sentier - a certain Diamantaire.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 10th March 2018 at 14:34.
sandeepmdas is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 21:26   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Aston Martin takes a swipe at Rolls Royce

I don't quite see the reason for Aston Martin to make the comparison.. but yeah they seem to have gotten the point across that they have made a luxurious electric sedan. "Guilt-free" ownership is stretching it a bit too far though.

The closest parallel that can be drawn here is that of English luxury phone maker Vertu (owned by Nokia) with their sapphire crystal screen, sapphire keys, titanium case, free concierge service and case-back wrapped in a variety of expensive materials, however in terms of raw processing power, camera and smartness, this remains more secure than flexible and more for the use by a person who has too much to even care. This is Rolls-Royce. The Aston Martin can be an Apple iPhone X... better battery, lighter, more screen space, more modern and more flexible in terms of operations.. much much cheaper of course.

RR is symbolic of the ultimate luxury of the past and the Aston Martin is symbolic of the luxury of the age to come.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 03:13   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post

RR is symbolic of the ultimate luxury of the past and the Aston Martin is symbolic of the luxury of the age to come.

In the eye of the beholder. Technically Aston Martin is only a few years younger then RR. 1904 vv 1913.

Both have a very rich past each in their own segment. Other then the price tag these have always been and still are very different cars and I assume cater and or appeal to a different audience.

Got close to buying a RR (second hand) a few times, they are dirt cheap. Less so for most Aston Martins. Never mind that some of them have just Ford bits. The DB7 switch gear comes straight out of the Ford Mondeo. Never understood that. Such a gorgeous car with just about the cheapest stalks fitted to the steering column.

Not so sure about this latest Aston. Looks like a Star Wars movie prop.

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks