Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2018, 03:14   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!

Changshu is one of the many fast growing Industrial towns in China. The town is located less than an hours drive to Suzhou and about 2 hours away from the Shanghai Pu-Dong Airport, and is located in the Jiangsu province. Jiangsu, with it's multiple fast developing cities and towns has the one of the highest per capita GDP in all Chinese provinces.

Since this was my first visit to China, I was excited to see the amazing infrastructure I had read about as well as the very quirky automobiles that I had read and seen pictures about on the web. In this thread I would try to post pictures and details about the cars I got to see as I travelled across cities in and around Jiangsu province.

Language
Language is a big issue in China. Most of the population does not understand English, and it is tough to even explain basic stuff using sign language. It is advisable to have a local around while eating, shopping and trying to drive a hard bargain, as you can get some amazing deals on locally made items.

Food
Even after being an egg-eaterian, it is a tough tough deal in China to find vegetarian or even egg based items. They use a variety of eggs(ducks,quails etc) and vegetables are often cooked in pork lard. It is advisable to carry ready to eat food packets and gorge on fruits/juices whenever you get the opportunity.
Even proper non-vegetarians (from India, who consume chicken,mutton and fishes most regularly) might not find the sight of turtles, frogs, snakes, snails eels etc on the dining table very appetising.

Information

Before I begin posting the pictures and details of the cars I saw in the Chinese mainland, I thought it would only be wise to make a brief (or not so brief) list of the car manufacturers and the joint ventures, all of which are going to be mentioned multiple times in the thread.
The Big-Five of the Chinese automotive market are Shanghai General Motors[SAIC],Dongfeng, FAW, and Chang’an and Beijing Auto [BAIC].

Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation also known as SAIC is a Chinese state-owned automotive manufacturing company headquartered in Shanghai operating in joint venture with General Motors. SAIC sells vehicles under a variety of brands. Brand names that are exclusive to SAIC include Maxus, MG, Roewe, and Yuejin. Products produced by SAIC joint venture companies are sold under marques like Baojun, Buick, Chevrolet, Iveco,Škoda, Volkswagen and Wuling.

Dongfeng Motor Corporation is a Chinese state-owned automobile manufacturer headquartered in Wuhan. Its own brands are Dongfeng, Venucia and Dongfen Fengshen. Joint ventures include Cummins, Dana,Honda, Nissan, Infiniti, PSA Peugeot Citroën, Renault, Kia and Yulon, which is a Taiwanese manufacturer.

First Auto Works or FAW Group Corporation is a Chinese state-owned automotive manufacturing company headquartered in Changchun, Jilin, China. FAW sells products under at least ten different brands including its own and Besturn/Bēnténg, Dario, Haima, Hongqi,Jiaxing,Jie Fang, Jilin, Oley, Yuan Zheng, and Tianjin Xiali. FAW joint ventures include Audi, General Motors, Mazda, Toyota and Volkswagen. Its principal products are automobiles; buses; light, medium, and heavy-duty trucks and auto parts. FAW became China's first automobile manufacturer when it unveiled the nation's first domestically produced passenger car, the Hong Qi, in 1958

Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Co., Ltd. or BAIC Group is a state-owned enterprise and holding company of several Chinese automobile and machine manufacturers located in Beijing. Its principal subsidiaries include the passenger car maker - BAIC Motor, the military vehicle and SUV maker BAW and the truck, bus and agricultural equipment maker Foton Motor.

Chang'an Automobile Group is an automobile manufacturer headquartered in Chongqing, and is a state-owned enterprise. Changan designs, develops, manufactures and sells passenger cars sold under the Changan brand and commercial vehicles sold under the Chana brand. Foreign joint venture companies include Suzuki, Ford, Mazda.

Some other Chinese manufacturers are -

Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Co., Ltd. , popularly known as JAC Motors is a Chinese state-owned automobile and commercial vehicle manufacturer. The company is based in Hefei,Anhui Province,China.

Great Wall Motors Company Limited is a Chinese automobile manufacturer headquartered in Baoding,Hebei, China.The company is named after the Great Wall of China and formed in 1984.It is China's largest SUV and pick-up truck producer. Apart from the Great Wall brand, it also sells it’s cars under the Haval and Wey marques. It is a major exporter as well.

Chery Automobile Co., Ltd.,mostly called Chery and sometimes known as Qirui is a Chinese automobile manufacturer headquartered in Wuhu, Anhui Province, China. It was founded by the Government of China in 1997 and is a state-owned corporation. It also owns a stake in the Qoros marque as well as a JV with Jaguar-Land Rover.

Qoros Auto Co., Ltd. is an automotive manufacturing company headquartered in Shanghai, China. Its principal activity is the design, development, production and sale of passenger cars sold under the Qoros marque.The company was established in 2007 as a joint venture between Chery and the Israel Corporation.

BYD Auto Co., Ltd. is a Chinese automobile manufacturer based in Xi'an, Shaanxi Province. BYD Auto has a wide range of small and medium-sized cars, including small compacts, people carriers, and small sedans.Hybrid electric vehicles and all-electric models are also among its products.

Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co., Ltd, or Geely is a Chinese multinational automotive manufacturing company headquartered in Hangzhou, Zhejiang. It sells passenger vehicles under the Geely Auto,Lotus,Lynk & Co,PROTON, and Volvo brands and commercial vehicles under the London EV Company and Yuan Cheng Autobrands. It also owns one of the more famous flying-car makers, Terrafugia.Geely gets its name from the Chinese word “auspicious”.

Guangdong Foday Automobile Co., Ltd., known as Foday, is an automotive manufacturing company based in Guangdong, China. With roots going back to 1988, it used to be known as Guangdong Fudi Automobile Co., Ltd.. Its principal products are vehicles, primarily pick-up trucks and SUVs, automotive parts and stampings. Its products have been sold in various countries under the Fudi and Foday brands.

Guangzhou Automobile Industry Group Co Ltd, GAIG is a Chinese state-owned joint stock holding companythat owns several Chinese auto marques like GAC which is headquartered in Guangzhou, Guangdong and Denway Motors Limited which owns 50% of Guangqi Honda, a joint venture with Honda in Guangzhou, China. GAIG also has a JV with Toyota and Fiat to make/assemble cars in China. Another sub-brand of GAIG is Trumpchi.

Brilliance Auto Group, officially HuaChen Group Auto Holding Co., Ltd. is a Chinese automobile manufacturer headquartered in Shenyang. Its products include automobiles, microvans, and automotive components.Its principal activity is the design, development, manufacture and sale of passenger cars sold under the Brilliance brand.Brilliance China Automotive Holdings holds 50% of BMW Brilliance, a joint venture with BMW which produces, distributes and sells BMW passenger cars in mainland China. Brilliance also holds a stake in Shenyang Brilliance JinBei Automobile Co., Ltd., which designs, develops, manufactures and sells minibuses sold under the Jinbei brand.

Jiangling Motors Corporation Limited abbreviated as JMC, is a Chinese automobile manufacturer which has a commercial vehicle joint venture with Isuzu Motor Company since 1997. JMC also has a passenger car-producing joint venture with Chang'an, which sells vehicles under the Landwind marque.

Roewe is a vehicle marque created by the Chinese automaker SAIC Motor in 2006. Roewe vehicles were initially based on technology acquired from defunct English carmaker MG Rover. SAIC was unable to purchase the rights to the Rover brand name and created the Roewe marque as a replacement. The MG name is used in selling these products outside of mainland China.

SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile is a joint venture between SAIC Motor, General Motors, and Liuzhou Wuling Motors Co Ltd.Based in southwestern China, it makes commercial and consumer vehicles sold in China under the Wuling and Baojun marques.

Zotye International Automobile Trading Co., Ltd., or Zotye Auto is a privately owned Chinese automobile manufacturer based in Yongkang, Zhejiang, China.

SWM Motors, originally an Italian motorcycle brand, was bought by Xinyuan Holding in 2014. In 2016, SWM Motors was launched as a passenger car venture by Brilliance-Xinyuan, the company owned jointly by Brilliance Auto and Xinyuan Holding. SWM Motors is headquartered in Chongqing, and has an R&D centre in Milan, Italy.

I shall attach the first lot of pictures now, and shall try to upload the next lot at the earliest, hope you'll like the pictures and the thread overall. Cheers!

Saw this Alfa Romeo Giulia at the Bund, Shanghai. Alfa Romeo has been trying to gain some presence in China after re-launching in 2017. Did not see too many of these around though.

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-alfa-romeo-guilia.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-alfa1-guillia.jpg

Every generation of the Porsche Boxster S is one of the most favourite convertibles of the Chinese customers. Saw this in the parking lot of the Bund, Shanghai. Was parked close to the Alfa posted above.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-718-boxsters.jpg

The China-only Audi A6L manufactured by FAW-Volkswagen.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-audi-a6l.jpg

Sleepers are a favourite with the Chinese performance oriented buyers. An Audi S7 casually parked outside the only Indian restaurant in Changshu city.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-audi-s7.-jpg.jpg

A F32 BMW 428i Coupe outside my hotel. BMW's in China are made by the Brilliance-BMW JV. Brilliance Auto Group (officially HuaChen Group Auto Holding Co., Ltd.) is a Chinese automobile manufacturer headquartered in Shenyang.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-428i-coupe.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-428i-coupe1.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-428i-coupe2.jpg

A F18 BMW 525Li. 5.5inches of extra wheelbase exclusive for the Chinese market.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-5erl.jpg

A funky looking E93 BMW M3 I saw at the Hengdian World Studios, Zhejiang Province.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-e93-m3.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-e93-m31.jpg

A rare E46 BMW 318i outside our hotel.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-e46-318i.jpg

The amazing Toyota Alphard on the highway to Hengdian Studios. The on-road presence these have is something else!
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-alphard.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-alphard1.jpg

A lot of Bentley's have popped up in China say the locals. My observation is that the majority of them are V8s, like this Flying Spur.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-bentley-fs-v8.jpg

Dongfeng Fengxing MPV M5

Dongfeng Liuzhou Motor Co., Ltd. is a subsidiary of Dongfeng Motor Group, located in the city of Liuzhou, Guangxi, China.The M5 MPV is powered by two Mitsubishi engine options, the first being a 2.4L 4 cyl making 121kW,210Nm of torque and a 4-cyl 2.0L pumping out 140kW,250Nm.Both engines are mated to a 6MT or a 5AT.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-dongfeng-m5-mpv.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-_mg_0423.jpg

Geely Borui/GC9.
The car is made by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co., Ltd, a Chinese multinational automotive manufacturing company headquartered in Hangzhou, Zhejiang. It sells passenger vehicles under the Geely Auto, Lotus, Lynk & Co, PROTON, and Volvo brands.
The GC9 is a full size sedan sold with 3 engine options - a 2.4L i4 making 162PS 210Nm, a 1.8L i4 making 163PS 250Nm and the flagship 3.5L V6 developing a healthy 275PS 326Nm, all mated to a 6 Speed Auto transmission.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-geely-borui1.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-geely-borui.jpg

JMC Box Van Truck
Jiangling Motors Corporation Limited, abbreviated JMC, is a Chinese automobile manufacturer dating back to the 70s. The company has a JV with Isuzu, which is quite visible in the design elements of this car.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-jmc-box-van.jpg

JAC Motors Panel Van.
JAC Motors stands for Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Co., Ltd.It is a state owned manufacturer.The van is supposedly designed in Turin, Italy.It is powered by a 2.0L or a 2.8L 4 Cyl Turbodiesel with a 5 Speed Manual or Auto transmission. Does it remind you of something?
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-jac-panel-van.jpg

Qoros 3 Sedan
The Qoros 3 achieved a five-star rating in the Euro NCAP crash tests, making it the first ever Chinese car to achieve such a rating. Launched at Geneva Motor Show 2013, the Qoros brand is the result of a JV between Chery Motors and The Israel Corporation. The car is available in two 4 cyl engine options - a 1.6L NA motor with a 6 speed MT making 90kW and 155Nm or a 1.6L Turbo Petrol pumping out 115kW and 220Nm torque mated to an apparently quick shifting 6Speed DCT (so I am told). Does not do healthy sales numbers but looks quite handsome in my opinion.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-qoros-3-sedan.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-qoros3.jpg

A couple of random parking lot pictures. The Buick Excelle seen in both images is a staple around the country roads. Sells huge numbers and multiple generations can be seen plying the roads at the same time.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-group4.jpg

The Honda Civic and the Shanghai-Volkswagen Lavida seen here with the Buick duo.
The Volkswagen Lavida is a four door compact saloon manufactured by Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive for the Chinese market. The Lavida is considered the first mass-produced Volkswagen small family car which was mainly designed by its Chinese partner, Shanghai Motors, also known as SAIC.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-buick-excelle-honda-crider-excelle-vw-lavida.jpg

The highways around the eastern part of China are nothing short of a dream to drive on!
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-highway.jpg

Thats it for part one of the picture based travelogue.
Shall try and post more soon!
Cheers

Last edited by ///RMan : 23rd April 2018 at 22:34. Reason: Alignment and Spelling Mistakes.
///RMan is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 23:24   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!

Part Two of the Images!

Like I mentioned earlier, V8 Bentleys are the popular pick here.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-bentley-continental-gt-v8.jpg

What was sold as the Chevrolet SRV in India is the Buick Excelle HRV hatchback in China.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-buick-excelle-hrv.jpg

The Indian Chevrolet Optra is the first generation Buick Excelle in China.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-buick-excelle.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-buick-excelle2.jpg

Buick GL8
A Chinese market only Buick, the GL8 is a hyper popular minivan sold in massive numbers across the Chinese mainland. It is so popular that two different generations of the GL8 are sold simultaneously and both manage to sell in good numbers!
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-buick-gl8.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-buick-gl81.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-buick-gl82.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-gl8-es.jpg

The Buick Regal is another popular offering from Buick. It is the fifth generation Opel Insignia sold under the Buick branding.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-buick-regal-buick-excelle.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-buick-regal2.jpg

The Buick Verano is a smaller entry level sedan which is sold in two different generations in China.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-buick-verano.jpg

The GM branding on the key of a first generation Buick GL8. Cost cutting measures ? I'm not sure. But I would prefer the same branding on my car key as the steering wheel does . Also worth mentioning that the GL8's are massively reliable. This particular one had done 1.76lakh miles and was still running without any squeaks or rattles. Mighty impressive!
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-buik2.jpg

The variety of Cadillacs I saw in China. The ATS, CTS and the XTS are seen quite a lot, even in tier-2 cities.
The SRX seen below was one of just two I saw though. Not as common as the others.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-caddyd.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-cadillac-atsl1.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-cadillac-atss.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-cadillac-ats3.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-cadillac-cts.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-cadillac-cts1.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-cadillac-xts-ford-edge.jpg

The Cadillacs XTS is sold here in a China-only 2L 4-cyl Turbo petrol guise, which pumps out 270hp and 350Nm.This is the more popular variant sold here.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-cadillac-xts.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-cadillac-xts1.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-cadillac-xts3.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-cadillac-xts4.jpg

Cruze-in away...
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-chevrolet-cruze.jpg

Mini SUV from Chevy, the Trax
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-chevrolet-trax.jpg

A gorgeous matte Blue F23 2-Series Cabriolet.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-f23-bmw-2-series-cabriolet.jpg

The BYD S6 SUV seen here is sold with a massive 4 engine and 4 gearbox options. Three locally made 4 cyl engines with 1.5L, 2.0L and 2.4L displacement and a Mitsubishi sourced 2.4L 4 cyl motor. Gearboxes on offer are a 5/6 Speed MT, a 4 Speed AT and a 6 Speed DCT. Also, does anyone here see a Duster influence in the rear design?
Seen alongside is the first generation Haval H6. Again there were 4 four-pot engines on offer - a 1.5L turbo petrol, and two Mitsu sourced motors -a 2L and a 2.4L petrol. Also available was a 2L 4 cyl diesel motor. Gearboxes on offer were a 5MT, 6MT and a 4AT.
A Ford Focus hatch and a Civic are seen alongside these Chinese SUVs.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-focus-byd-haval.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-focus-byd-haval1.jpg

Long-wheelbase love! The Brilliance-BMW G30 530Li
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-g30-530li.jpg

A Mazda 3 Sedan and a Brabus tuned G-Wagen.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mazda-3-brabus-g63.jpg

Last edited by ///RMan : 23rd April 2018 at 22:38. Reason: Forgot to add few lines.
///RMan is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 16:59   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

The Dodge Journey I saw in Suzhou, Jiangsu. Dodge is one of the lesser seen cars in China, although not totally absent from the streets.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-dodge-ram-1.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-dodge-ram.jpg

A G-Wagen on the sidewalk, a scene I saw in 4 different cities. The only car casually parked on the sidewalk.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-g55-amg.jpg

Fiat Palio Wagon, a dying breed (brand-wise and body-style) in China.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-fiat1.jpg

The Hyundai Coupe, also sold as the Tiburon in other markets. We have a few in India but none in use/good condition. Not the most desirable car per se, but a unique one nonetheless.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-hoondai.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-hyun.jpg

Stunning spec on this F82 BMW M4 spotted at the Bund, Shanghai.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-m4.jpg

One of the zillion Maserati Ghibli's around !
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-maserati-ghibli.jpg

Saw this gorgeous Panamera in a town on the way to Shanghai from Changshu.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-panamera.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-panamera1.jpg

Peugeot's sell in decent numbers in China, although the major numbers are in the smaller cities and towns. Peugeot-Citroen have two different JV's for manufacturing cars in China.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-pejot.jpg

Sleeper Attack!
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-s6.jpg

Tesla's are quick becoming a popular choice in China. The rebates and tax sops offered by the Government on hybrid and full electric cars is a major catalyst for the same.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-tesla1.jpg

Chinese and their love for their long-wheelbases! The V212 E300L.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-v212-e300l.jpg

The Shanghai-Volkswagen MKIV Polo Sedan and the MKIV Golf hatch duo I saw outside my hotel.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-polo-sedan-golf-1.6.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-polo-sedan.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-vw-golf-1.6.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-vw.jpg

A red-hot BMW X4! The first time I saw an X4 in flesh. Does not look as imposing as it's bigger brother the X6.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-x4.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-x41.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-x42.jpg

Yes, that is the Chevrolet Enjoy!

The Wuling Hong Guang is a compact Multi-Purpose Vehicle (MPV) produced since September 2010 by SAIC-GM-Wuling,the joint venture of Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation, Wuling Motors Co and General Motors China. It was also sold in Indonesia and India apart from China.The Hong Guang was the best selling vehicle in China during the first quarter of 2014, apparently the first time that an MPV has been able to do that.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-wuling.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-wuling1.jpg

Dongfeng Fengguan 580

Dongfeng Motor Corporation is a Chinese state-owned automobile manufacturer. The Fengguang 580 is powered by a 1.5 liter turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine with an output of 150hp, mated to a six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-dmc-580.jpg

BAIC BJ40

BAIC Group is a Chinese state-owned enterprise and holding company of several automobile and machine manufacturers located in Beijing,China.The BJ40 is powered by a 4 cyl petrol 2.5L motor that makes a 105kW ,200Nm and is mated to a 5 Speed Manual tranny.

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-baic-bj40.jpg

The Beiqi-Foton-Cummins Toano is said to have beem designed by the original Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van design team in Stuttgart, Germany. It is equipped with a 2.8 Cummins CRDI turbo diesel which generates a 160 horsepower and 360NM of Torque.Transmission duties are done by a 5-Speed or 6-Speed MT.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-foton-toano.jpg

A few group shots from random parking lots as usual. Variety of sedans seen here is crazy!
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-group5.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-group10.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-honda-crider.jpg

Last edited by ///RMan : 23rd April 2018 at 12:05.
///RMan is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 01:19   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Acura TL.
V6 powered mid-size sedan. Imported into China, unlike most other American manufacturers who assemble cars in the Chinese mainland under a JV with a local manufacturer.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-acura-tl.jpg

The Cadillac XTS, Tesla Model X, Buick GL8, Shanghai-VW Passat Lingyu/Passat Variant and the Tesla Model S seen in Pudong district of Shanghai. The Passat is basically what was re-badged and sold in India as the B5/MK1 Skoda Superb.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-cadillac-buick-skoda-tesla.jpg

Cadillac overload continues across cities!
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-cadillac-srx.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-cadillac-tesla.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-cadillac-xts.jpg

The face-lifted second gen Chrysler 300C. Another CBU import I am told.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-chrysler-300c.jpg

Ughleeee!
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-chrysler-pt-cruiser.jpg

These seem a popular choice. Saw quite a few around.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-ford-mustang1.jpg

SciroccoR!
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-golf-r.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-golf.jpg

The Kia Sportage.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-kia-sportage.jpg

Jeep Patriot.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-jeep-patriot.jpg

The Honda XR-V, Honda TT and a F18 BMW 5 series. More on the XR-V in the coming post.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-xrvtt.jpg

Staple Roadster in China!
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-porsche-boxsters1.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-porsche-boxsters.jpg

The Volkswagen Lavida is a four door compact saloon (or estate) manufactured by Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive for the Chinese market.It is available in a 1.4TSI,1.6L or 2.0L with a 5 Speed Manual, 6 Speed Tiptronic or a 6 Speed DSG.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-shanghai-vw-lavida.jpg

The Skoda Fabia has been produced in China by Shanghai-Volkswagen (SVW) and is locally called as the "Jingrui". The car is sold in 1.4L and 1.6L engines options with 5 Speed Manual and 6 Speed Auto transmission.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-skoda-fabia.jpg

Not as popular as the Boxster or the TT's, the SLK is supposedly only seen around major cities of China I was told.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mercedesbenz-slk.jpg

The Toyota Land Cruiser Prado! This beauty was what took me around during my stay in China. An absolute beast, this one had 1.9Lakh miles on the odo but was MINT!
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-toyota-prado.jpg

SWM X7/ Brilliance-Shineray X7.

The X7 is a mid-size, 7-seater SUV produced by SWM Motors and to be released on August 30, 2016. SWM, originally an Italian motorcycle brand, was bought by Xinyuan Holding in 2014; in 2016, SWM Motors was launched as a passenger car venture by Brilliance-Xinyuan, the company owned jointly by Brilliance Auto and Xinyuan Holding. SWM Motors is headquartered in Chongqing, southwest China. The X7 is available in a 1.8L 4cyl NA motor and a 1.5L Turbo.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-brillance-x7.jpg

The crossover market is booming in China. Seen here are three crossovers/compact SUVs. The Geely Boyue, the Weiwang S60 and the Hyundai Tucson.
The Geely Boyue is sold with a 1.8L 4cyl turbo petrol with 6MT and 6AT as well as a 2.0L NA 4 cal with 6MT.
Weiwang is a brand under Beiqi-Yinxiang Automobile, a joint venture between Beijing Auto (Beiqi) and the Yinxiang Motorcycle Groupfrom Chongqing. This joint venture also sells the Huansu brand. All their cars are based on existing Beijing Auto platforms.The Weiwang S60 is based on the Beijing Auto Senova X65. Power comes from a 177hp 2.0 turbo, mated to a five-speed manual or a six-speed automatic.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-geely-bouye.jpg

The Emgrand EC7 is a compact hatchback produced by the Emgrand, division of the Chinese automaker Geely. After the discontinuation of the "Emgrand" brand, the EC7 was simply marketed as the Geely Emgrand or Geely New Emgrand in China.The EC7 is sold with a 1.3L, 1.5L and a 1.8L 4-cyl engine options with a 6Speed MT or a 5Speed CVT. The EC7 is sold in Iraq, Iran, Namibia, Sri Lanka, Russia, South Africa, Uruguay and the UK.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-geely-emgrand-ec7-hatchback.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-geely-emgrand-ec71.jpg

The Qoros 3 is the first automobile from the Chinese manufacturer Qoros Auto, jointly (50%–50%) owned by Kenon Holdings(The Israel Corporation) and China's Chery Automobile Company. The four-door sedan was first announced at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2013.In early 2014,the Qoros 3 commenced sales in China and Slovakia.The 3 was designed by ex-Mini designer Gert Hildebrand.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-qoros-31.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-qoros2.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-qoros4.jpg

Multiple random cars seen on the road during the travels
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-group15.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-group11.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-group8.jpg

Last edited by ///RMan : 22nd April 2018 at 22:19.
///RMan is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 15:23   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Audi A6L
Extended wheelbase A6s, A4s are super popular in China.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-audi-a6l.jpg

The Bentley Continental Flying Spur.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-bentley.jpg

Buick Excelle GT
The Excelle GT is a China market only car. The naming of the model is confusing as this Buick Excelle GT is based on the Opel Astra sedan and known as the Buick Verano in the United States.The Excelle GT is available with two four-cylinder petrol engines: a 1.5 with 114hp and 143nm, and a 1.4 turbo with 144hp and 200nm. The 1.5 is mated to a five-speed manual or a six-speed automatic, the 1.4 turbo to a seven-speed DCT.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-buick-excelle1.jpg

The mandatory Cadillac post :P
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-cadillac-xts1.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-cadillac-xts12.jpg

The third generation Chevrolet Equinox. The Equinox comes with a 9-Speed and a 6-Speed tranny with a 2.0 L 4-cyl turbo motor and a 1.5L 4 cyl turbo respectively.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-chevrolet-equinox.jpg

Another Dodge Journey spotted on my journey between Suzhou and Changshu.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-dodge-journey.jpg

Honda Avancier/Honda UR-V.

It is positioned above the CR-V and XR-V and is currently sold as Honda's flagship SUV in China.The second generation Avancier is powered by a 1.5L VTEC Turbo four-cylinder engine with an auto-box or a 2L with a 9-Speed ZF sourced transmission.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-honda-avancier.jpg

So much downforce!
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-honda-civic.jpg

Honda Crider
The Honda Crider is a mid-size sedan produced by Guangqi Honda in China. The Crider is designed to fill the gap between the Civic and Accord. It is only sold with a 1.8L 4 cyl mated to a 5 Speed Auto or Manual gearbox.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-honda-crider.jpg

Odyssey <3
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-honda-odyssey.jpg

Honda XR-V
Known as the Honda Vezel or the HR-V globally, this Honda XR-V is sold under two different names in China, one each by two different JV's of Honda in the Chinese mainland - the first being the Dongfeng-Honda XR-V and the other being Guangqi-Honda Vezel. Two 4-pot engines on offer, a 1.5L and a 1.8L, both mated to an option of 5MT or 5AT.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-honda-vezel1.jpg

The D-Max has been an 'inspiration' to many Chinese marques, hence finding a legit Isuzu D-Max is a rarity.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-isuzu-dmax.jpg

Old Jaguars are far and few in China I was told by the locals, and I was lucky to see this XJ out on the highway.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-jaguar-xj.jpg

The Fujian-Daimler Mercedes-Benz Viano. It is made and sold in China with a 3.5L or a 2.5L V6 motor and both are mated to a 5-Speed AT.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mercedesbenz-viano.jpg

The Mazda CX-9 is a mid-size crossover SUV.Despite being built in Japan, the CX-9 is not sold in Japan's domestic market, and is a rather popular choice in China.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mazda-cx9.jpg

The Range Rovers are a fast growing popular choice in China.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-range-rover-svr.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-range-rover-velar.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-range-rover1.jpg

Largely driven by the fairer sex, both the Mini and the Beetle are found in a lot of funky specs all around China
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mini-cooper.jpg
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-volkswagen-beetle.jpg

Act-Young, that is how Koreans name their weird looking cars xD
The Ssangyong Actyon is one of the few Ssangyong cars seen on roads in China.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-ssangyong-actyon.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-ssangyongactyon1.jpg

Infiniti ESQ
This weirdo is basically a Nissan Juke Nismo RS without the stripes and aggressive additions. It has the same 1.6 liter turbo four from the Juke, the same CVT transmission, and standard all-wheel drive.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-esq.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-esq12.jpg

BYD Song

The BYD Song, launched late in 2015 is a compact SUV sold with two engine options - a 1.5 litre turbo-charged petrol engine capable of producing 154hp and 240nm of torque and a 2.0 litre turbo-charged petrol engine capable of producing 205hp and 320nm of torque. The 1.5 litre engine could be had with either a 6-speed manual gearbox or a 6-speed automatic gearbox while the 2.0 litre engine could only be had with a 6-speed DCT gearbox.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-byd-song.jpg

Denza
Shenzhen BYD Daimler New Technology Co., Ltd, sold as Denza, is an automobile manufacturing company headquartered in Shenzhen, China, specialising in luxury electric cars and is an equally owned joint venture between BYD Auto and Daimler Germany.The Denza is available in China in entry-level Lifestyle and top-spec Aurora flavors, with both featuring a continuous power output of 92 horsepower (68 kilowatts). Weighing over two tons, the DENZA car is positioned slightly above the BYD e6, with which it shares a similar e-drivtrain system.Two trim levels are available, the Lifestyle and Executive. In the city of Beijing, subsidies for each Denza car amounts to about 110,000 Yuan (~17000 USD) while the price for the top of the line Denza is ~65000USD before subsidy.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-denza.jpg

Roewe RX5

Roewe is a vehicle marque created by the Chinese automaker SAIC Motor in 2006. Roewe vehicles were initially based on technology acquired from defunct English carmaker MG Rover. SAIC was unable to purchase the rights to the Rover brand name and created the Roewe marque as a replacement
. The RX5 came in three different powertrains, including the petrol-engined RX5, the PHEV eRX5, and the fully electric ERX5. The capital "E" in Roewe's naming system indicates fully electric while the lower case "e" indicates hybrid. - a 1.5L Turbo Petrol making 124kW 250Nm, a 2.0L Petrol Turbo making 162kW 350Nm with transmission options being 6MT, 6DCT/7DCT. The RX5 is backed by Alibaba and is being developed to be an autonomous driving vehicle in the coming days.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-roewe-rx5.jpg

The WEY VV5 is a compact CUV of Great Wall Motor’s premium brand, WEY. The VV5, shares the same platform as it's larger sibling, the WEY VV7 and the second generation Haval H6. The VV5s is powered by a 2.0L Turbo pumping 197hp and 355nm. The engine is mated to a seven-speed DCT, sending power to all four wheels.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-wey-vv5.jpg
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-wey-vv51.jpg

Last edited by ///RMan : 22nd April 2018 at 01:03. Reason: Punctuations and Spellings
Old 22nd April 2018, 01:02   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

The Audi A4L’s 114.6-inch wheelbase matches that of the standard A6, which, of course, is only offered in China as the longer A6L. Compared to the A4, the A4L has a 3.6-inch longer wheelbase (1.6 inches longer than the last-gen A4L) and 3.3 inches of added total length, to 189.4 inches. That still makes it 4.8 inches shorter than the regular A6.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-audi-a4l.jpg

The Ford Edge is a mid size crossover SUV manufactured by Ford.
The first generation Edge, seen here is based on the platform shared with the first generation Mazda CX-9.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-ford-edge.jpg

The Jeep Grand Cherokee
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-jeep-grand-cherokee.jpg

The China-made Jeep Renegade is a product of the joint venture of GAC-FCA (Guangzhou Auto and Fiat Chrysler).Both front-wheel drive and 4WD versions are available in two engine options, a 1.4T matched to a 7DCT and a 2.0L paired to a 9-AT.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-jeep-renegade.jpg

The first gen Kia Cerato is made in China by the Dongfeng-Yueda-Kia JV. Powered by a 1.8L or a 1.4L paired with a 5MT or a 4AT.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-kia-cerato-copy.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-kia-cerato1.jpg

The Kia Cerato/Forte/K3
The Kia K3 Sedan seen here is also sold as the Kia Forte Sedan and Kia Cerato, the Kia K3 Sedan.The base engine is a 1.6-litre unit that produces 128 PS and 156 Nm of torque, and can be had with 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission. Moving up the range, there’s a 1.4-litre turbo engine developing 130 PS and 210 Nm of torque, which sends power to the wheels via a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-kia-cerato.jpg

Mercedes-Benz E200 Coupe 4Matic.
If not long wheelbases, these people love their coupes.
The C238 E200 is one of the favourite coupes after their love towards BMWs.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mercedesbenz-e200coupe.jpg

G-Thang!
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mercedesbenzg55.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mercedesbenzg63-amg.jpg

The Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mercedesbenzgle1.jpg

These petrol Q7s are a super popular choice as well. Seen in big numbers across the cities and towns around.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-q7q7.jpg

The mad Shelby GT350! This beast was driven like it is meant to be driven.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-shelby1.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-shelby2.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-shelby4.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-shleby0.jpg

The Skoda Octavia Estate/Scout.
There are three engines available for this : a 1.6 with 105hp, a 1.2 liter with 113hp, a 1.4 turbo with 150hp. One of the rarer cars around I was told.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-skoda-octavia.jpg

A favourite amongst the Chinese. The Volkswagen Golf.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-volkswagen-golf.jpg

Volkswagen Lamando GTS
The China-only Volkswagen Lamando is a compact sedan produced by Shanghai-Volkswagen. Just like the CC version of the Passat (Magotan in China), the Volkswagen Lamando was meant to be the CC version of the Jetta (Sagitar in China).The GTS gets a special and powerful engine to match the extra wing and badgery: a 2.0 TSI turbo with 220hp and 350nm, mated to a seven-speed DCT. This is the same engine that powers the China-made variant of the Volkswagen Golf GTI, albeit with ten horses more.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-volkswagen-lamando-gts.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-vw-lamando-gts.jpg

The VW Multivans are another popular people moving choice in China, albeit there exists many rip-offs in the market.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-volkswagen-transporter.jpg
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-vw-transporter.jpg

Geely GS/Geely Emgrand GS.
The GS was developed with Volvo technical support. Two engine options are provided, a 1.8L and a turbo 1.3L. For gearbox, the consumer can choose between a 6MT and a 6DCT.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-geely-gs-sport.jpg
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-geely-gs-sport1.jpg

Haima Family
FAW Haima Automobile Co., Ltd., sold as as Haima, is a Chinese automotive manufacturing company based in Haikou, Hainan and a subsidiary of FAW Group. Its principal activity is the design, development, production and sale of passenger cars and minivans sold under the Haima marque.Haima was founded in 1992 as a joint venture between the Hainan provincial government and Mazda to produce Mazda models for sale in China. In 2006 Mazda's share of the venture was acquired by FAW Group, although many Haima models still incorporate Mazda technology.The name Haima is derived from Hainan and Mazda.
The Haima Family
 is basically a rebadged Mazda 323 with minor cosmetic changes.
Many were still sold as Mazda branded cars, but some were sold as "Haima", which maintains a separate dealer network.Two equivalents of Haima models were sold, the "Happin" and the "Family". They were both essentially the same originally, but the "Family" had slightly more options and more upscale.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-haima-family.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-haima-family2.jpg

Roewe 550 PlugIn
The Roewe 550 is a mid size car that is produced by Roewe in China.The 550 was reported to be derived from the MG Rover RDX60 project (itself based on the platform of the Rover 75) which was under development when MG Rover failed.The drivetrain uses a 1.8 litre 160 bhp (119 kW; 162 PS) engine based on the Rover K engine with a 5-SpeedMT, AT or a 6-Speed DCT. The SAIC Roewe 550 PHEV pictured here is the plug-in hybrid version. Its 11.8kWh LiFePO4 battery packs delivers an all-electric range of 58 km.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-roewe-550.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-roewe-5501.jpg

Typical Shanghai traffic scenes with a multitude of cars.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-shanghai-traffic2.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-shanghai-traffic6.jpg
Old 22nd April 2018, 21:00   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Soueast Lingyue/Mitsubishi Lancer
South East (Fujian) Motor Co., Ltd., sold as Soueast, is a Chinese automobile manufacturer based in Fuzhou, Fujian, and is a joint venture between China Motor Corporation (25%), Fujian Motor Industry Group (50%) and Mitsubishi Motors (25%). The brand makes and sells cars under the Soueast and the Mitusbishi marques.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mitsubishi-lancer.jpg

The Lannia is a compact coupe launched by Dongfeng-Nissan. There is only one engine available; a 1.6 liter four-cylinder petrol with 126hp mated to a six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-nissan-lannia.jpg

In mainland China, the Tiida is produced by the Dongfeng Motor Company, a joint venture between Nissan and a local company. It is a fairly popular choice and first generation Tiida, pictured here, is still sold in the market under the cheaper Venucia marque.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-nissan-tiida.jpg

Porsche Macan
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-porsche-macan.jpg

Porsche Panamera 4S
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-porsche-panamera.jpg

An installation by Porsche just as you enter/exit Shanghai Pudong Airport. A perfect way to say welcome or goodbye to petrolheads like me
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-porsche.jpg

The Boxster S
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-porscheboxsters2.jpg

The fourth gen Subaru Forester.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-subaru-forester.jpg

Teslas galore!
Fact : Sale of electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles in the Chinese mainland was up by 53% in 2016, which is apparently accountable for 45 per cent of all such vehicles sold worldwide in the year.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-tesla1.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-tesla2.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-tesla3.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-tesla4.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-tesla5.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-tesla6.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-tesla7.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-tesla8.jpg

The Volvo V60.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-volvo-v60.jpg

The VW Scirocco
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-volkswagen-scirocco.jpg

The Volkswagen Sharan was sold in China as an import. The only engine on offer was a 2.0 TSI with 200hp and 280nm. With prices ranging between US$49000 to US$60000, the Sharan has to compete with cars such as the Buick GL8 and Honda Odyssey, both of which retailed at cheaper prices and have better engine options and features. The result of this being you barely see any Sharans on the roads.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-volkswagen-sharan.jpg

The China-only Volkswagen Lamando is a compact sedan produced by Shanghai-Volkswagen. Just like the CC version of the Passat (Magotan in China), the Volkswagen Lamando was meant to be the CC version of the Jetta (Sagitar in China).
Engines on offer are a 1.4L TSi and 1.8L TSi while gearboxes available are a 5MT, 7AT and a 7 Speed DSG.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-xvolkswagen-lamando.jpg

A one-time bestseller in the Chinese market,the Mark 2 Jetta was the first Volkswagen model produced in China by Volkswagen Group China's second joint venture partner FAW-Volkswagen.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-vw-jetta.jpg

Volkswagen Santana
The Santana's biggest success was in the Chinese mainland. The Santana was to China what the Maruti 800 was to the Indian Automotive Industry.It had been built in China on a small scale trial basis by the Shanghai Tractor Automobile Corporation (STAC), predecessor of the SAIC group, since 1982. The first 100 cars were built from CKD kits delivered from Germany.The car and venture laid the ground-works for China's mass motorization.Initially launched with a 1.6-litre petrol engine, the Santana was updated with a 1.8-litre petrol in 1987, first available in the Santana Variant station wagon introduced by Shanghai in 1986.The first Santanas were all originally equipped with a four-speed manual transmission. The 1.6 remained available in the sedan until as late as 2006 where a 2.0 litre engine replaced it. This vehicle is very popular as a taxi, having been in service over 30 years all across China.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-xvolkswagen-santana.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-xvolkswagen-santana1.jpg

Wey VV7
The WEY VV7 is a premium CUV sold in the China. The VV7, is the first product of Great Wall Motor’s premium brand, WEY. The VV7 comes with two trim levels: an entry level model named VV7-C and a sportier model named the VV7-S. Power comes from a 2.0L motor mated to a 7 Speed DCT sending power to all four wheels.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-wey-vv7.jpg

Wuling Zhengcheng
The Wuling Zhengcheng is an MPV which is sold in China with two four-cylinder petrol engines: a 1.5 with 106hp and 145nm, and a 1.8 with 131hp and 182nm, both mated to a five-speed manual.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-wuling.jpg

Changhe Freedom
Changhe Automobile Co Ltd, is a Chinese automobile manufacturer based in Jingdezhen, Jiangxi province, China.Currently a majority-owned subsidiary of a large, state-owned automaker, BAIC, Changhe is engaged in a joint venture with Suzuki Motor Corporation of Japan, and some of the products it manufactures carry the Suzuki brand.The Changhe Freedom is a minivan sold with a tiny 1.1L 4 Cyl motor making 52PS, 83Nm mated to a 5 Speed Manual.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-xchanghe-freedom.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-xchanghe-freedom1.jpg

Geely Boyue
Geely Boyue is a compact crossover produced by Chinese auto maker Geely. In the South American market, this SUV is offered under the name Geely Emgrand X7 Sport, being integrated into the Geely Emgrand product subdivision.The Boyue is sold with a 1.8L 4cyl turbo petrol with 6MT and 6AT as well as a 2.0L NA 4 cal with 6MT.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-xgeely-boyue.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-xgeely-boyue1.jpg

Shanghai traffic scenes are lit!
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-shanghai-traffic.jpg

Last edited by ///RMan : 22nd April 2018 at 22:19.
///RMan is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 23:54   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

The brutal baby! Audi S3.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-audi-s3.jpg

The Buick Excelle Wagon, an Estate version of the super popular Buick Excelle sedan.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-buick-excelle-wagon.jpg

The Chevrolet Le Chi, basically a first generation Chevrolet Spark/Daewoo Matiz, which continued to be sold in China till 2012. After 2012, the Le Chi continues to be sold under the Baojun brand as an entry level car.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-chevrolet-spark.jpg

The fourth generation Ford Mondeo is a stunner! Seen across the country on the highways, it is a highly popular choice in the sedan segment in the larger towns and cities. I personally fell in love with the styling and the presence this beauty has.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-ford-mondeo.jpg

GMC Savana
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-gmc.jpg

Iveco Turbo daily
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-iveco-truck.jpg

Our Land Cruiser Prado and the Maserati Levante at a petrol pump.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-lcprado.jpg

The Toyota twins! Land Cruiser Prado and the Highlander.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-prado-highlander.jpg

The second generation Toyota Highlander with the Suzuki Swift for size comparision.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-toyota-highlander-suzuki-swift.jpg

The fourteenth generation Toyota Crown is a looker as well.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-toyota-crown.jpg

Toyota RAV-4.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-toyota-rav4.jpg

Lincoln MKC
The Lincoln MKC is a compact premium crossover from Lincoln, sold as an import in China.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-lincoln-mkc-copy.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-lincoln-mkc.jpg

The Lincoln MKT is an full size car made by the Lincoln division of Ford Motor Company. In production since the 2010, the MKT ("T" stands for Touring) is the second crossover SUV produced by Lincoln. It is the largest crossover SUV of Ford Motor Company.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-lincolnmkt.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-lincolnmkt1.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-lincolnmkt3.jpg

The mighty Mercedes-Benz G65 AMG. The owner was ripping it when and where possible and the engine was sounding as raucous as possible <3
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mercedesbenz-g63-amg.jpg

Mercedes-Maybach S400 4Matic
The Mercedes-Maybach S400 is a China-only Maybach variant of the V222 S-Class. It is powered by a twin-turbocharged 3.0 liter V6 putting out 333hp and 480nm, mated to a seven-speed automatic sending power to all four wheels. Price starts at $2,29,000 while the Mercedes-Maybach S600 starts at $4,62,000. The massive difference in the pricing is due to the high taxation on larger engines, especially engine capacities larger than 4.0L.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-maybachs400maybach4matic.jpg

The X218 Mercedes-Benz CLS Estate. What a looker!
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mercedesbenz-cls-wagon.jpg

The C205 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mercedesbenz-coupe.jpg

The W221 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mercedesbenzs63.jpg

Electric Power!
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-tesla9.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-tesla-buick.jpg

Geely EC8/Geely Emgrand EC8
The Geely Emgrand EC8 first debuted at the 2010 Beijing Auto Show. Formerly known as Emgrand EC825, Geely decided simply name the car Emgrand EC8.The EC8 is Geely's first entry to the D-segment. Engine options for the EC8 are two Mistubishi sourced motors - a 2.0L and a 2.4 L. Transmission options are 5 speed manual, 4 speed auto and a 6-speed auto.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-geely-sedan.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-geely.jpg

The Emgrand EC7 is a compact sedan produced by the Emgrand, division of the Chinese automaker Geely. After the discontinuation of the "Emgrand" brand, the EC7 was simply marketed as the Geely Emgrand or Geely New Emgrand in China.The EC7 is sold with a 1.3L, 1.5L and a 1.8L 4-cyl engine options with a 6Speed MT or a 5Speed CVT. The EC7 is sold in Iraq, Iran, Namibia, Sri Lanka, Russia, South Africa, Uruguay and the UK.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-geely-sedan3.jpg

Lifan X7
Lifan Industry Co., Ltd. is a civilian owned Chinese motorcycle and automobile manufacturer headquartered in Chongqing, China. It was founded in 1992 and began to manufacture automobiles in 2005, with license-built microvans and a small sedan developed by Lifan themselves.
Lifan's vehicle products include passenger cars, microvans, dirt bike engines, entry-level motorcycles, mini-vehicles, and commercial trucks.The company's non-vehicle-related activities include the manufacture of sports shoes and winemaking.Outside of China, Lifan is currently best known for the sale of small passenger cars in emerging markets.
The Lifan X7 is a three row configuration SUV and is one of the latest products from the brand.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-lifan-x7.jpg

The first generation, pre-facelift Buick GL8.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-pre-fl-first-gen-buick-gl8.jpg

SAIC Maxus V80
The SAIC built V80, marketed under the Maxus marque, is available in three versions: standard, logistics and deluxe. The Minibus is available from 7 to 16 seaters, in two trim levels. The choice of two wheelbases remains, with two different versions of the 2.5 litre diesel engine producing 88 or 100kW.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-saic-maxus.jpg

The Beiqi-Foton-Cummins Toano is said to have beem designed by the original Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van design team in Stuttgart, Germany. It is equipped with a 2.8 Cummins CRDI turbo diesel which generates a 160 horsepower and 360NM of Torque.Transmission duties are done by a 5-Speed or 6-Speed MT.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-bmw-foton.jpg

Last edited by ///RMan : 23rd April 2018 at 00:58.
///RMan is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 03:05   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Baojun 510
Baojun is a Chinese automobile marque owned by a joint venture of General Motors and SAIC Motor, SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile.
The Baojun marque was established in 2010 as a cheaper alternative to existing GM brands Chevrolet and Buick, which are also on sale in China.The joint venture's commercial vehicles remain under the Wuling Automobile marque. The company's products compete with domestic Chinese manufacturers such as Chery, Geely, Changan, Haval and Trumpchi.
The Baojun 510 is a sub-compact crossover produced by Baojun. The 510 debuted on the 2016 Guangzhou Auto Show with the official Chinese market launch in 2017. The car is powered by a 1.5L 4 cyl turbo petrol mated to either a 6MT or 5AT.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-baojun-510.jpg

Brilliance H530
The H530 is a midsize sedan built by Brilliance Auto. It is the largest of the compact cars made by Brilliance. The H530 was first launched in 2011. Initially only one engine option was provided, a 1.6 liter sourced from Mitsubishi. In September 2012, the 1.5T models went on sale, powered by Brilliance-made turbo-charged 1.5 liter.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-brilliance-h530.jpg

BYD F0
The BYD F0,formerly known as BYD F1 is a city car produced by the Chinese manufacturer BYD Auto since July 2008. The car, priced at about $6,700 USD, reportedly gets 56 mpg‑US.Its 1.0 litre petrol engine produces 50 kW (68 PS; 67 hp) at 6000 rpm and top Torque of 90 N⋅m (66 lb⋅ft) from 4000 rpm to 4500 rpm. This engine can accelerate the car from 0 to 100 km/h(62 mph) in 12.80 seconds.
What does this remind you of? :P
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-byd-f0.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-byd-f01.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-byd-f02.jpg

BYD F3
The BYD F3 is a compact car made by BYD Auto.The F3 is one of the top selling compact cars in China. A 1.5L 4 cyl mated to a 5 Speed manual transmission does the work in this car.
Again, what does this remind you of? :P
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-byd-f3.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-byd-f31.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-byd-f32.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-bydf34.jpg

Zongshen Three wheeler.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-chagda.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-chagda1.jpg

Chery A5
The Chery A5 is a compact car that was produced by the Chinese manufacturer Chery from 2006 to 2010. This car appears to take inspiration from the Nissan Maxima, despite being unrelated.The car is available with three engine options: a 1.6-litre engine, a 1.8-litre engine or a 2.0-litre engine. A hybrid version, named Chery A5ISG or A5BSG, was also produced.It was considered to be the first Chinese-designed mass-production hybrid vehicle.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-chery-a5.jpg

Chery QQ3-EV
An all-electric version of the Chery QQ3 is the Chery QQ3-EV. The electric city car has a range of 100 km (62 mi).The QQ3 EV was the lowest priced pure electric car in China, at~US$6,480 after government incentives.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-chery-qq3ev.jpg

Dongfeng AX4
Dongfeng Fengshen AX4
 is a crossover hatchback launched in 2017.It is powered by a 1.4-litre turbocharged engine or a 1.6L engine mated to a manual box or a DCT.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-dongfeng-ax4.jpg

Foton Sup
The Beiqi-Foton Sup is a pick-up truck made under the Foton brand. Engine options are a 2.2L and a 2.8L motor mated to a 5MT or 5AT.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-foton-sup.jpg

Trumpchi GS8 is a mid-size, 7-seater SUV produced by GAC (Guangzhou Auto). The GS8 has a wheelbase of about 2900mm and body-length of about 5m. The power-train comprises a turbo 2.0 liter and a 6AT.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-gac-gs8.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-gac-gs82.jpg

MG Trio.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mg.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mg1.jpg

Peugeot 408
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-peugeot-408.jpg

Peugeot 3008
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-peugeot-3008.jpg

Peugeot 5008
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-peugeot-5008.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-peugeot.jpg

Peugeot 207 CC
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-peugeot2.jpg

Peugeot 307
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-puegeot-307.jpg

Audi S6
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-s61.jpg

Smart ForTwo
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-smart-fortwo.jpg

Suzuki Alivio is a compact sedan made in China by Changan-Suzuki. The only engine option is a petrol 1.6 liter mated to a 5MT or 6AT.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-suzuki-alivio.jpg

The Suzuki Alto
Also called the Changan-Suzuki Alto. K10B engine mated to a 5MT or 4AT.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-suzuki-alto.jpg

Suzuki S-Cross
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-suzuki-scross.jpg

Last edited by ///RMan : 23rd April 2018 at 12:07.
///RMan is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 13:32   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

The BMW M3 [E93].
I was told by the owner, after the launch of the F80 M3, the E-Series M3 has become very wanted by people all across China.

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-m3.jpg
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-m311.jpg
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-m313.jpgThrough my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-m312.jpg
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-m314.jpg

It would not be an overstatement to say that Maserati is afloat globally because of the sheer numbers it manages to sell in China. They are almost everywhere, in all shapes and variants.

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-maserati-levante.jpg
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-maserati-levante1.jpg
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-maserati-levante2.jpg
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-maserati-qp.jpg
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-maserati-qp1-copy.jpg
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-maserati6.jpg
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-maserati7.jpg

Stunner!
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mclaren.jpg
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-mclaren1.jpg

Volkswagen CC
The Volkswagen CC, originally marketed as the Volkswagen Passat CC in its first generation is a four door sedan version of the Volkswagen Passat that trades a coupé-like profile and sweeping roofline for reduced headroom and cargo space.
The name CC stands for Comfort Compact, recognizing its combination of a coupe-like profile with four rather than two doors.While based on the Passat, and sharing its wheelbase, the CC is 27 mm longer, 50 mm lower, and 36 mm wider than the Passat.In China, the CC was released by FAW-Volkswagen, and is available in 1.8TSI and 2.0TSI trims.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-volkswagen-cc.jpg

Kama KMC Truck
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-kama-kmc1081a38d5.jpg

Venucia T90
Dongfeng Venucia Motor Company,marketed as Venucia, is a subsidiary of Dongfeng Motor Co., Ltd.established in 2017 and focused on the marketing and production of cars.The Venucia marque, was originally owned by Dongfeng Nissan Passenger Vehicle, itself another subsidiary of Dongfeng Motor Co., Ltd.The Venucia T90 is a mid-size crossover produced by Dongfeng-Nissan. The Venucia T90 has an exterior style evoking BMW X6 and Honda Crosstour. With a 2765mm wheelbase, it is 4793mm long, 1865mm wide, and 1592mm tall. A Nissan 2.0L petrol engine paired to a CVT does the job in this quirky car.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-venucia-t901.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-venucia-t90.jpg

Jiangling Yusheng S330

The JMC Yusheng is a sub-brand of Jiangling (JMC) for crossovers and SUVs. This compact crossover shares platforms with the Landwind X7.
Power comes from a 1.5 liter turbo four-cylinder petrol engine with 163hp, mated to a six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic, sending horses to all four wheels.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-jingling-yusheng-s330.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-landwind-x7-emgrand-x7.jpg

The Lynk & Co 01 is a 5-door crossover car and is the first model announced from the Chinese marque Lynk & Co. The model has been developed in conjunction with Volvo Cars, both companies owned by Geely. The car is controlled by a shared digital key that can allow owners to provide access to other Lynk & Co cars. The car is powered by a 1.5-litre 3-cylinder and a 2.0-litre 4-cylinder petrol engines from Volvo. Engines will be mated to a 6 speed manual gearbox or seven-speed DCT or a 8 Speed Auto.During a presale of 6,000 cars on November 17th 2017, it took three minutes to sell-out the Lynk & Co. 01. Also the 01 SUV can be “subscribed to” rather than simply purchased. The Lynk & Co. 01 also features an in-car one time digital key option to let people/friends use your car for a fixed period of time.
Pics of the red car for reference from Lynk & Co. website.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-lynk-co-01.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-lynk-co.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-lynk-co1.jpg

Creta and Duster? You tell me if I'm wrong in saying that
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-trumpchi-byd.jpg

Some other cars which I was not able to recognise/find information about.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-unknown.jpg

Do not miss the Land Rover grille
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-unknown1.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-unknown2.jpg

Last edited by ///RMan : 23rd April 2018 at 13:43.
///RMan is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 14:18   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

A Special post for the 2nd generation Haval H6, with which I got to spend some considerable time. Was a brand new vehicle, but I was blown away with the build quality, materials used and the overall features and space on offer.

The Great Wall H6 is a compact crossover utility vehicle (CUV) produced by the Chinese manufacturer Great Wall Motors. It is produced with both front-wheel-drive and four-wheel-drive drivetrain. It is the successor of the Great Wall Pegasus.
Sold as the Haval H6 after the second generation onwards after being redesigned by the Haval brand, which was separated from the Great Wall brand. It has been the best selling SUV every month in China for nearly two years.The second generation Haval H6 was based on the same platform as it's predecessor, the first generation Haval H6. However, the first generation Haval H6 low-end versions continue to be soldn as a budget model positioned below the second generation. The second generation Haval H6 shares the same underpinnings as the WEY VV5.Changes were done in-house under supervision of Haval design director Pierre Leclercq - who was most recently the design chief for BMW’s M division.

In the top trim level it can be equipped with high-strength body structure, front, side and curtain airbags, brake assist system, tyre-pressure monitoring system, parking sensors and reversing camera, keyless entry, light and rain sensors,Bluetooth hands free system and a 12-inch touch screen display with DVD multimedia system and cell phone integration.It can also be equipped with a 10-way adjustable driver's seat, heated front seats, leather seats, climate control with rear seats air vents, automatic headlights, power sunroof, cruise control and 17-inch aluminum wheels.

It is powered by a range of turbocharged petrol or common rail diesel engines, which are able to meet the Euro V emission standards and can be equipped with Start & Stop system.It has four wheel disk brakes with ABS and EBD, electronic stability control (ESC), MacPherson strut independent front suspension and independent rear suspension with double cross arm and torsion bar springs, and intelligent four-wheel-drive system.
It uses components originating from renowned European and American manufacturers, such as Bosch (traction control), Delphi (diesel electronics), BorgWarner (four-wheel-drive system),and Honeywell (turbocharger).

Petrol engines on offer are a 1.3 L turbo I4,1.5 L I4,1.5 L turbo I4, 2.0 L I4 while a solitary diesel engine on offer is a 2.0 L I4 turbo.Transmission options includes a 6 speed manual,6 speed tiptronic and a 7-speed Getrag DCT.Prices for the Haval H6 start at roughly US$14000 going up US$22500.

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-haval-h6.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-haval-h61.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-haval-h62.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-haval-h63.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-haval-h64.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-haval-h65.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-haval-h66.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-haval-h67.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-haval-h68.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-haval-h69.jpg
///RMan is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 22:22   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Ending my compilation of my Car-nama with my favourite spot in China - the Zotye SR9.

The Zotye SR9 is a mid-size CUV produced by Zotye Auto for the Chinese market. The production car debuted in November 2016.Just like their previous launch SR7, which looked like an Audi Q3, the SR9 is also a controversial vehicle in terms of styling, because it heavily resembles the Porsche Macan. The mid-size Zotye SR9 is the second product of the Zotye S-series crossovers following the compact SR7. The SR9 is priced around ~$15.000.
Engines on offer are a 190hp/250Nm 2.0 turbo. To be added to the lineup soon is a 150hp 1.5 turbo will join the lineup. Gearboxes include a five-speed manual or a six-speed DCT.
The engines are sourced from the Shenyang-Mitsubishi engine-making joint venture, a company that powers basically all vehicles made by smaller Chinese automakers, including the infamous Landwind X7.

Comparing the dimensions of the Porsche Macan and the Zotye SR9,

Zotye SR9: 4744mm/1929mm/1647mm, and wheelbase is 2850mm.
Porsche Macan: 4681mm/1923mm/1624mm, and wheelbase is 2807mm.

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-roewe-rx5-zotye-sr9.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-zotye-sr9.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-zotye-sr91.jpg

Zotye T600
The Zotye T600 is a mid-size CUV produced by Zotye Auto. Engine options avaialble are the 1.5L turbocharged Petrol engine, and a 2.0L turbocharged Petrol engine I4 was made available later.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-zotye-t600-buick-excelle.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-zotye-t600.jpg

Some random pictures clicked on the road with a mix of cars seen.
Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-group12.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-group13.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-group14.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-group19.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-group21.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-pudong.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-shanghai-traffic1.jpg

Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!-shanghai-traffic4.jpg

It was a great experience compiling this thread, reading and digging information about the Chinese cars and the market overall.
I hope the pictures and the captions are error free, have tried to keep them as clean as possible. Do let me know if you spot any errors and do add any interesting tidbits any of you'll might know about this very very interesting car market which I am very sure is almost one of its kind in the world in terms of variety, brands and volumes all.

Cheers!

Last edited by ///RMan : 23rd April 2018 at 22:40.
///RMan is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 10:35   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Through my eyes - The automotive scene in China!

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the International Scene. Thanks for sharing!

I've read many books & long-form articles on the Chinese car scene, but none were as informative as your pictorial report. Rating thread 5 stars & adding to our homepage .
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 11:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

Insane is an understatement.

What a crazy collection! What is more surprising is the amount of expensive cars on the roads while considering the fact that the majority of purchases are self financed (only 30% are financed as of 2016). I have no clue on what basis we're comparing ourselves to China again and again. They're clearly ahead!

Besides, how's the build quality of the cars there? And is law and order strict?
Turbohead is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 12:08   #15
Team-BHP Support

I highly appreciate the effort that's gone into aggregating the info for this thread. I tried a bit to remember the names of the companies, but was way beyond me!

Speaking of which the Haval SUVs have now been released in Australia, and have received reasonably good reviews in the local press. Needs to be seen if they are able to break through the stigma of their brand to work sales results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Insane is an understatement.

What a crazy collection! What is more surprising is the amount of expensive cars on the roads while considering the fact that the majority of purchases are self financed (only 30% are financed as of 2016). I have no clue on what basis we're comparing ourselves to China again and again. They're clearly ahead!
China is way, way ahead of India. We are way behind in terms of infrastructure, and even cleanliness on the streets. During a week long trip to a much smaller Chinese city (Dalian) in 2011, i was amazed at the number of expensive cars i saw in such a small city! The number of Audi A4s i saw in one week was as much as the number of Swifts one gets to see on Bangalore roads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
And is law and order strict?
I would say it would be similar to that of India to a large extent.
On my way to the hotel from the airport, my cab driver drove up the wrong side of the street with the same level of comfort as a 2 wheeler would ride up the wrong side of the road in India.
benbsb29 is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks