Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2014, 17:37   #16
E63
BANNED

Re: Volvo hits over 575,000 miles without a breakdown

Mustang tally: The 45-year-old car that's clocked up a MILLION miles (and hasn't broken down once)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz34QTG5bhy
E63 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 11:08   #17
BHPian

Re: Volvo hits over 575,000 miles without a breakdown

There's also another Volvo which is a record breaker with 3 Million miles (and counting) logged so far! It's a 1966 Volvo P1800S bought new by it's owner and still driven by the same owner. Here's a link to an article on another blog:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/18/i...million-miles/
autonarr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 19:06   #18
D C
BHPian

Re: Cars with 7 digits on their odometer (over 1 million kms / miles)

Here is another similar story. A driving school owner of Indian origin used his Toyota Corolla for close to a million kilometers in Canada. I thought it is worth sharing, though it is a bit old news.

Quote:
Not long after Rajah Sellathurai moved from India to Canada more than three decades ago, a friend gave him a suggestion about purchasing a car. Buy a Toyota, Rajah was advised, because they are reliable and last a long time.

Rajah heeded the advice and bought a Tercel, enjoying all 540,000 kilometres he put on it. Then he tried a Corolla – and has been fiercely loyal to the model ever since. Having just purchased his sixth Corolla a couple of months ago, he cumulatively drove his previous five Corollas more than three million total kilometres. That includes almost one million (998,000 km to be precise) on his cherished green 2001 model.
Source: Toyota Canada Newsroom
Attached Thumbnails
Cars with 7 digits on their odometer (over 1 million kms / miles)-corolla-2.jpg  

Cars with 7 digits on their odometer (over 1 million kms / miles)-corolla.jpg  

Cars with 7 digits on their odometer (over 1 million kms / miles)-corolla-3.jpg  

D C is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 19:40   #19
BHPian

With such readings on the odometer, I just cannot imagine the time spent behind the wheel by the person. Probably he has spent more time in his car than outside the car.
bhandary is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 13:16   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

New Zealand Man's Toyota Corolla Hits Two Million Kilometre Milestone

Well, here you have a 2 million (20 lakh) km example of the 'rolla, a '93 model. Runs 5K kms a week.

Parts replaced? Cam belt and the wheel bearings...plus consumables like tyres, brake pads, filters etc I assume.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 14:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Runs 5K kms a week.
How is a 72 year old able to drive 700 kms a day-6 days a week? This seems more extreme than a Corolla doing 2 million
Old 12th December 2022, 17:07   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
How is a 72 year old able to drive 700 kms a day-6 days a week? This seems more extreme than a Corolla doing 2 million
No idea how he does this..if you read the article it says this car was doing duty in Japan before it was shipped to Oz where it continues to perform admirably. It had already had 80K kms on the clock. To quote:

Quote:
..it was used to deliver chippies in Tokyo before I got it
I have always thought of Toyotas especially the Camry and Corolla as mules/donkeys (not to mention the never say die models like the LC, Hilux, etc) but I mean that in a very complimentary way. I know people who still swear by their 2000-2002/3 model Qualis and Innovas from the late '00s.

No flash, no zoom or road handling manners just run of the mill family cars that will never let you or your family down if you treat them fairly. Sometimes, in a stable full of thoroughbreds there's gotta be room for a built-to-last donkey.

PS - No offence to Toyota owners..I speak from experience and have been a 'rolla owner for nearly 17 years if including my previous March 2006 9G facelift model. My car never lets me down. Really. Best of all? Very reasonable maintenance costs.

Last edited by R2D2 : 12th December 2022 at 17:14. Reason: added PS
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 18:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
if you read the article it says this car was doing duty in Japan before it was shipped to Oz
Yes I read the article, that's how am mentioning the owners' age It is the way the car is taken care by the current and previous owner that is important. I owned an used 10th gen, which didn't last the way it should.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks