Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2018, 16:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

Euro-spec Hyundai i20, i20 Active facelift revealed

Hyundai has unveiled facelift versions of the i20 and i20 Active for the European market. The cars get refreshed styling, a new 7-speed dual-clutch transmission, Idle Stop /Go system (ISG) and updated safety features.

Euro-spec Hyundai i20, i20 Active facelift revealed-hyundaii20facelift0234front.jpg

The i20 hatchback and i20 Active are offered with dual-tone exteriors with a blacked-out roof and ORVMs. Both cars get redesigned front and rear bumpers, smoked headlamps, updated tail lamps and redesigned tailgates. While, the i20 gets the cascading grille with a black mesh, the i20 Active retains its pre-facelift grille with a silver scuff plate and circular fog lamps. The i20 rides on a new dual-tone 15-inch alloy wheels, while the i20 Active gets 16-inch alloys. The latter being a pseudo SUV, it comes with black body cladding and silver roof rails.

Euro-spec Hyundai i20, i20 Active facelift revealed-hyundaii20facelift0434rear.jpg

Hyundai has also updated the interiors on both cars. The cars are now offered with dark interiors with a blue trim along the dashboard and on the door handles. Customers can also choose red and blue accents to the cabin, while black and greyish blue interiors are standard. The i20 and i20 Active are offered with a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. Lower variants get a basic audio system with either a 3.8-inch or 5-inch monochrome screen.

Euro-spec Hyundai i20, i20 Active facelift revealed-hyundaii20activefacelift0234front.jpg

In Europe, the i20 is available with a choice of 3 petrol engines. The 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine comes in two states of tune - 99 BHP and 118 BHP paired with a 5-speed manual and 6-speed manual transmissions respectively while the 7-speed dual-clutch is offered on both engines as an option. The 1.2-litre petrol engine is paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox. There are two variants of this engine - 74 BHP and 83 BHP. The i20 Active is available with a 1.4-litre petrol engine that makes 99 BHP and is offered with a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Euro-spec Hyundai i20, i20 Active facelift revealed-hyundaii20activefacelift0334rear.jpg

Both the i20 and i20 Active get Hyundai SmartSense active safety and driver assistance systems. These include Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assist, Forward Collision Avoidance Assist for city and interurban areas, Driver Attention Warning and High Beam Assist.

Euro-spec Hyundai i20, i20 Active facelift revealed-hyundaii20facelift05interior.jpg

Hyundai offers a 5-year, unlimited km warranty on the i20. That said, it is not known when the car will be sold in India.

Euro-spec Hyundai i20, i20 Active facelift revealed-hyundaii20facelift07connectivity.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 10:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Euro-spec Hyundai i20, i20 Active facelift revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Both the i20 and i20 Active get Hyundai SmartSense active safety and driver assistance systems. These include Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assist, Forward Collision Avoidance Assist for city and interurban areas, Driver Attention Warning and High Beam Assist.
Brilliant! Good to see that manufacturers are slowly moving ahead with the times and incorporating additional safety in their cars. The previous i20 didn't come with Collision avoidance assist (Euro-NCAP link).

In India, the i20 is pretty well known car. Most Indians will think about it the first when someone says 'premium hatchback'. Recently, the Yaris was launched with 7 airabgs. I think Hyundai should see this as an opportunity and set a benchmark here by introducing such advanced safety technology in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks