Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2007, 01:22   #1

Any Audi A3 fans here?

hello,
Just pining to see if there are any Tbhpians who are Audi A3 fans.

Got mine in July 2006.

Below is a pic of my ride.

Mods note: Image size edited. Post small size images henceforth.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st January 2007 at 09:27.
Old 1st January 2007, 09:59   #2
Team-BHP Support

Nice cars but when one considers that underneath it is a VW Golf or a Skoda Octavia/Laura - one wonders about the premium. In the US, at least you get a guarantee of good german build as the golfs/rabbits come from Mexico
Old 1st January 2007, 10:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchandr View Post
hello,
Just pining to see if there are any Tbhpians who are Audi A3 fans.

Got mine in July 2006.

Below is a pic of my ride.

Mods note: Image size edited. Post small size images henceforth.
They dont look like OE Rims and they look like 17" , Is it BBS ? How mush does it cost over there ? Nice colour but like Ajmat had said , Platform sharing has left people confused on the premium price tags for the same car having a permium image. Though in some cases the price difference is totally justified .
Old 1st January 2007, 20:16   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Nice cars but when one considers that underneath it is a VW Golf or a Skoda Octavia/Laura - one wonders about the premium. In the US, at least you get a guarantee of good german build as the golfs/rabbits come from Mexico
THe A3 is fully manafucatured in Germany. I'm very particular about not getting German cars that are manufactured in other countires. I've had friends who had bad experiences when they bought Jetta's that were made in Mexico. I look for the serial number when i buy a German car. On any German car (Atleast i know for sure in the US) on the driver side door and you will see a Bar code/ Serial number and the plant it was manufactured in.
I think the A3 shares its engine with the VW GTI and the Audi A4 they both come with an option of either a 2 Liter Turbo or a straight aspirated 3.2 liter 6.
Old 1st January 2007, 20:18   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
They dont look like OE Rims and they look like 17" , Is it BBS ? How mush does it cost over there ? Nice colour but like Ajmat had said , Platform sharing has left people confused on the premium price tags for the same car having a permium image. Though in some cases the price difference is totally justified .
Thanks for your comments max. Those are OEM Sline rims. I bought them with it. I did not get the Sline package just the sline rims and they are 18's.
You will find more pics here
Kumar's Audi A3
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks