Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2022, 06:53   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Purosangue, Ferrari's new SUV now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Ferrari has so far avoided calling this an SUV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W16rocks View Post
As many have rightly said the car looks like a raised lusso/FF, but Ferrari never actually said they were building a SUV.
Although Ferrari has only referred to this car as a 4 door, 4 seater sports car- the press release clearly calls out that the Purosangue has an engine architecture quite different from the other crossovers and SUVs.

Call it an SUV or not - this car exists only because of the crossover/SUV craze in the market. Ferrari saw how the Cayenne and the Urus are helping both those brands build better sports cars and want to cash in!

Quote:
To enable the company to achieve the ambitious goals set for this project and create a car worthy of a place in its range, a completely different layout and innovative proportions compared to modern GT archetypes (so-called crossovers and SUVs) were adopted. The average modern GT’s engine is mounted forwards in the car, almost straddling the front axle with the gearbox coupled directly to it; this results in less than optimal weight distribution that delivers driving dynamics and driving pleasure well short of the standards of excellence to which Prancing Horse clients and enthusiasts have become accustomed.

The Purosangue, on the other hand, has a mid-front-mounted engine with the gearbox at the rear to create a sporty transaxle layout. The Power Transfer Unit (PTU) is coupled in front of the engine to provide a unique 4x4 transmission. This delivers exactly the 49:51% weight distribution that Maranello’s engineers deem optimal for a mid-front-engined sports car.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 10:27   #77

I think the fact that a lot of us (including myself, initially) are finding the Purosangue lacking in terms of size is a testament to Ferrari's design, rather than a critique of it. For, a quick glance at the dimensions reveals that the car is massive. In fact, for easy reference, it's longer and wider than the humongous Fortuner that graces our roads. To camouflage the size would probably have been a goal for them. I feel a lot of us are going to be rather pleasantly surprised when we see this beast in person.
Old 16th September 2022, 10:36   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
How are rear doors opened?
I don't see any door knobs!
Also I don't like the way the doors are being opened. Should have gone regular way.
Old 16th September 2022, 12:39   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
How are rear doors opened?
I don't see any door knobs!
It has this kinda concealed latch that electrically opens the door.

Guess the interior will also have sort of button/latch to open/close the door.

Name:  Screenshot_202209161225232.png
Views: 987
Size:  228.0 KB

Screenshot taken from EVO's YouTube channel.

Edit

The interior button opens and closes the door electrically.

Purosangue, Ferrari's new SUV now unveiled-screenshot_20220916124210_1.png

Screenshot from Dippy's Instagram reels.

Last edited by DicKy : 16th September 2022 at 12:51.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 18:42   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W16rocks View Post
As many have rightly said the car looks like a raised lusso/FF, but Ferrari never actually said they were building a SUV.
People started associating Purosangue with SUV, the real purpose of the car is that it is a practical Ferrari just like how Urus was a practical Lamborghini, nobody was gonna take Urus off roading as well. This car has a liveable GC and 4 seats, this gives it a very practical nature and hence already giving it best seller vibes.

Exactly my thoughts, none of the supercar SUVs are ever used off road and I particularly love the fact that this is a V12 which an aging (50➕) enthusiast can buy and use regularly rather than keep it as a garage queen. Practical enough to do weekend road trips and convenient enough to get in and out and enjoy the engine. Not being a full height SUV adds to ability to track the car rarely without needing to invest in a second track car. Afterall 90percent of the new Ferrari's in India hardly see a track ever and become beautiful white elephants for owners.
It's a one size fits all solution for a vast majority of owners and especially in India where a 50000rupee speedbreaker has the ability to ruin a 5crore car.
Regards
Old 19th September 2022, 14:58   #81
Senior - BHPian

For the most part I like what Ferrari has done with the concept. This is a niche within a Niche and will work for them in market success.

By the power of the keyboard vested in me, I can say this though- the design looks clumsy and overdone at many places. Most prominent being the pseudo aero-bridge on the fender near the A pillar. It was very tastefully done in the F12 and somehow botched up here. it's Ithe lines and the discontinuity that bothers me. Also, the shutline's are such a dread to see. Audi does a great job of matching the lines of the clamshell hood and the fender panels. what happened here?

Anyhoo, I'm sure the buyers are seeing something else and hence the overflowing order book already.
Old 23rd September 2022, 08:14   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Purosangue, Ferrari's new SUV: Link

Name:  D80B459740874583BDB2CA10F9D1B8B6.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  119.6 KB

Name:  71EC6B13F7E14EC287D9E020E708C20A.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  91.2 KB

Name:  9D1E7A50EEFB4B72A946102D4FCE33B1.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  109.0 KB

Name:  E90A31B15B014A7382D72EA7D7D10A47.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  109.1 KB
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 21:02   #83
BHPian

A very informative review of the Ferrari Purosangue by Harry Metcalfe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks