Team-BHP - Purosangue, Ferrari's new SUV now unveiled
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Purosangue, Ferrari's new SUV now unveiled (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/201949-purosangue-ferraris-new-suv-now-unveiled-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 5401270)
Well, Ferrari never said they were building an SUV, nor were they aiming for a butch look.:cool:

Unlike Lamborghini, Ferrari always gave the 'looks' a second priority. The test mules were indicative of the crossover shape, and the unveil showed us a beautifully made 4 door, 4 seater (in their words) with even rear suicide doors. Not like the tonka truck version of the Audi Q8.:p

Don't know if Ferrari told they were making an SUV or not, but most of the media pages published it as Ferrari's first SUV. Nevertheless, to my eyes it looks like a Kia EV6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saikishor (Post 5401287)
Don't know if Ferrari told they were making an SUV or not, but most of the media pages published it as Ferrari's first SUV.

Well, if the media wishes they can name anything as an SUV to make it sound cool. Heck, even Maruti turned the Ignis into an SUV over a night.lol:

Ferrari has so far avoided calling this an SUV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saikishor (Post 5401287)
Nevertheless, to my eyes it looks like a Kia EV6.

Let me intoduce you to the Crown Sport hatchback :D

Purosangue, Ferrari's new SUV now unveiled-toyotacrownsporthatchbackconcept_100848019_h.jpg

Here is the Robb Report article on the PuroSangue.
PuroSangue basically means Pure Blood.

Pur = Pure and Sangre = Blood
Or Thoroughbred as the article says.

The name Sangria is also derived from the word for Blood. Sangre de Christos - Blood of Christ.
Etc.

In this case it is to emphasise its racing thoroughbred heritage.

https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/f...234747591/amp/

There was also a 1927 Pur Sang Bugatti. Means the same thing - Pure Blood.

This was reviewed by Jay Leno in one of his episodes.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=mIxlql0Ebnc&feature=share

Ferrari may close order books for the Purosangue very soon.

Quote:

Shortly after Ferrari confirmed that the Purosangue was equipped with a V12 and before its launch, Ferrari’s chief commercial and marketing officer Enrico Galliera revealed that demand for the crossover “exploded,” even though pre-orders opened way back in September 2018
Quote:

While the automaker has yet to reveal just how many pre-orders it has for the Purosangue, production will be capped to no more than 20 per cent of Ferrari’s total annual production of around 15,000 vehicles, meaning approximately 3,000 units could be built annually. Given that Ferrari’s lifecycles typically last four to five years, that means that between 12,000 and 15,000 Purosangues will likely be produced.

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 5401549)
While the automaker has yet to reveal just how many pre-orders it has for the Purosangue, production will be capped to no more than 20 per cent of Ferrari’s total annual production of around 15,000 vehicles

Being a listed company this car was essentially born looking at the success achieved by Urus and if the Purosangue can bring in more numbers/profits I guess the bosses at Ferrari will have to given to shareholders again and expand their production line.

As Chris Harris said in one of his video interviews Mr. Enzo himself would have not mind building the Purosangue if it meant earning more $$ which he could spend on racing, but not sure if he would do that just to keep shareholders in his company happy and rich..

It looks like an elevated Ferrari Roma:

Purosangue, Ferrari's new SUV now unveiled-02.jpg

Purosangue, Ferrari's new SUV now unveiled-04.jpg

Can't fault it though, because the Roma is quite a handsome car. But it would have been better if it was a wagon/hatchback like the GTC4Lusso. This trend of elevating cars doesn't make any sense. Surely, nobody is going off-roading with the Purosangue.

Is it an SUV ? looks like a hatchback though. May be the actual size is being masked in the pictures due to the design. Much like the Aston Martin DBX, which looks like a hatchback in images but is massive in person.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saikishor (Post 5401147)
I am getting Kia EV6 vibes

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDH75 (Post 5401903)
It looks like an elevated Ferrari Roma:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 5401342)
Let me intoduce you to the Crown Sport hatchback

Agree with all. But I think it is like an evolution from the erstwhile Ferrari FF itself

Name:  bada1677e5bbcc6a260603ad29f77df5.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  26.8 KB

Quote:

Engine power is channelled to all four wheels via a 2-speed front power transmission unit, and an 8-speed rear dual clutch transmission
Any idea how this thing work?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 5402090)
Any idea how this thing work?

As per the video reviews since the actual 8 speed gearbox is located at the rear to achieve the 49:51 front and rear weight balance the car has four wheel drive capabilities only up to 4th gear or 105 mph and then the power goes only to the rear wheels. Also, the rear wheels have independent steering and can adjust the tires as per the speed and tarmac conditions to make the car go faster and flat around corners.

For whatever reason many think on how this car looks it is the only true bred Ferrari (engine wise) one can actually buy new from the showroom floor today clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 5401342)
Let me intoduce you to the Crown Sport hatchback :D

Attachment 2358166

Wow, after seeing this, the Purosangue has become a gigantic Crown Sport Hatchback inside my head. But you are right, they resemble each other a lot, really a lot! I mean one can easily say they copied the design from the CS Hatchback with minor tweaks in the body lines.

The side profile looks a bit too much like a lifted version of the clownshoe ferrari FF they used to offer earlier. Other than that, it looks great. Also the ground clearance of 180mm like a Skoda Slavia has me scratching my head. The nearest competition, the Lamborghini Urus offers a more reasonable 250mm.

Quote:

I am getting Kia EV6 vibes. Maybe because of the similarity in colours or the short stubby nature, but there's no denying that the silhouette has EV6 vibes in it. I don't care if I get bashed after saying this but frankly it does look like the EV6's Italian cousin. I mean somehow it just doesn't have the SUV vibe or stance. Looks more like a crossover. The Urus looks really butch compared to the Purosangue.
Attachment 2358098

Attachment 2358099
I am nowhere close to affording a car like the Purosangue. I always admired Lamborghini's, and if my opinion counts, I would anyday pick an Urus over this Ferrari(or, save a hell lot of money and buy a Kia EV6rl:).

Ferrari officially says: The Ferrari Purosangue is the first ever four-door, four-seater car in Ferrari’s history.

They do not call it SUV. They also say "layout & proportions are completely different than other modern crossovers & SUVs''.

Ferrari has stayed true to their design and philosophy in making this SUV or Crossover. These SUVs are anyway driven on smooth tarmac only and their off roading capabilities are not even in the consideration for their buyers. The high GC, ease of ingress/egress and practicality of 4 seats should make Purosangue a sure success.

Imagine being able to afford a Ferrari and being able to drive it on more number of city roads and highways because of the more practical GC, without worrying about speed breakers etc. Maybe I am thinking too middle class? LoL.

Quote:

I am getting Kia EV6 vibes. Maybe because of the similarity in colours or the short stubby nature, but there's no denying that the silhouette has EV6 vibes in it.

I always admired Lamborghini's, and if my opinion counts, I would anyday pick an Urus over this Ferrari(or, save a hell lot of money and buy a Kia EV6rl:).

I love Lamborghini (Urus) more than anything but the EV6 comparison is so painful.

Short stubby nature? The basic design of Kia EV6 and Purosangue looks similar because of the rear part but thats where it ends. The car is not short and stubby by any means and it is as long as a Honda Accord (close to 5000mm).

For the second part, its too bad that DC Aventi is out of production else you could have saved even more money. :D I wanted the BMW X1 but saved money by opting for the S-Cross.

The passengers get their own dashboard too! This is by far the best looking super SUV.

As many have rightly said the car looks like a raised lusso/FF, but Ferrari never actually said they were building a SUV.
People started associating Purosangue with SUV, the real purpose of the car is that it is a practical Ferrari just like how Urus was a practical Lamborghini, nobody was gonna take Urus off roading as well. This car has a liveable GC and 4 seats, this gives it a very practical nature and hence already giving it best seller vibes.