Team-BHP - The achingly beautiful Peugeot e-Legend concept
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   The achingly beautiful Peugeot e-Legend concept (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/202424-achingly-beautiful-peugeot-e-legend-concept.html)

Peugeot dropped the star of the Paris motor show two days back.

The achingly beautiful e-Legend! clap:
The achingly beautiful Peugeot e-Legend concept-peugeotelegendconcept2018.jpg
The achingly beautiful Peugeot e-Legend concept-2018peugeotelegendconcept-1.jpg
The achingly beautiful Peugeot e-Legend concept-2018peugeotelegendconcept-9.jpg
The achingly beautiful Peugeot e-Legend concept-2018peugeotelegendconcept-2.jpg
The achingly beautiful Peugeot e-Legend concept-2018peugeotelegendconcept-8.jpg

It is a throwback to the glory days of Peugeot and the Pininfarina designed Peugeot 504 coupe of the 1970s.
The achingly beautiful Peugeot e-Legend concept-2018peugeotelegendconcept-4.jpg
The achingly beautiful Peugeot e-Legend concept-2018peugeotelegendconcept-5.jpg
The achingly beautiful Peugeot e-Legend concept-2018peugeotelegendconcept-6.jpg
The achingly beautiful Peugeot e-Legend concept-peugeotelegendconcept2018-1.jpg
The achingly beautiful Peugeot e-Legend concept-peugeotelegendconcept2018-2.jpg

And did I say it was electric? Oh it is. Got 450 electric horses driving all four wheels. Cars like this will make that transition much easier. They have done a brilliant job here!
The achingly beautiful Peugeot e-Legend concept-paul67.jpg
The achingly beautiful Peugeot e-Legend concept-2018peugeotelegendconcept.jpg

No better example for retro-modern. Just ignore those wires. Hopefully the final version can tug those away like the steering wheel. :D
The achingly beautiful Peugeot e-Legend concept-peugeotelegend.jpg
The achingly beautiful Peugeot e-Legend concept-2018peugeotelegendconcept-3.jpg

Here is Henry Catchpole with the glorious Peugeot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4q79H-u6ww

source

That is just stunning! I love there retro-modern cars and this one just hits the nail on the head. That 504 inspired front has a very cool Jensen Interceptor vibe to it - which for me is arguably one of the coolest classic cars around.

Interesting. The 504 Coupe in the background is a Pininfarina desgin. Were they involved in this new model too? Both the sedan and the coupe version are quite rare these days.

From certain angles the new one reminds me a bit of the earlier Dodge Charger. Pretty impressive.

In all honesty I am never so sure if it makes sense to show the new model with the old classic one. I find the old 504 much more pleasing to the eye than the new one. Even though I do like the new one. Times are moving on, different designs, different rules/regulations/aesthetics to comply with. Progress no doubt.

Modern cars compared to their classic version are often a bit bloated.

The original 504 was a really good and interesting car for it’s time. Comfort and great handling and quite the powerful engine for it’s time, sporting even fuel injection. At the time it was really a car for senior executives/MDs etc.

Our next door neighbour had several over the years. He often took me along on some of his business trips as he was the Chief Superintendent of a large shipping company and I was at Naval College.

I got to drive him all over Europe in his 504.

Jeroen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeroen (Post 4472357)
The original 504 was a really good and interesting car for it’s time. Comfort and great handling and quite the powerful engine for it’s time, sporting even fuel injection. At the time it was really a car for senior executives/MDs etc.

Our next door neighbour had several over the years. He often took me along on some of his business trips as he was the Chief Superintendent of a large shipping company and I was at Naval College.

As a school boy, we had a rota system where different parents took turns to drop/pick up. One of the parents had a Peugeot 504 and boy!, could it really handle the curvy Worcester country roads. Roly Poly but it held on!

Watch the chase in James Bonds- "The Spy Who Loved Me" to see what I mean

Whoa! That looks more like an American design than a quirky French one clap:. Beautiful, simply beautiful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 4472142)
Got 450 electric horses driving all four wheels. Cars like this will make that transition much easier.

Well said! Manufacturers have been trying since the 90s to build electric cars, but the consumer warmed up to them only after Tesla made EVs cool.

It’s classic styling, and one that’s production worthy. Nice to see the retro design not overdone, although I wish the tail end was cleaner, what with the black cladding beneath the tail lights, for it looks too busy as compared to the rest of the car, but they could always take care of that in the production version. Speaking of which, if this is going to be an electric only model, then I can’t even harbour hopes of seeing this in my lifetime in our country. :Frustrati

Absolutely smitten by this beauty. But Alas! An electric car. Wish they would plonk a nice big V8 into it. If this is the way electric cars are going, the future doesn't look that bleak after all.

If I hadn't see the Peugeot name here, I would have thought it is an American design from the fast and furious school. But it does look amazing and refreshingly different. Especially like the retro + electric combination when pretty much every other EV is being designed to be futuristic.

I had almost thought that the angular lines were dead. Thank you Peugeot. This is a very beautiful car - and a very nice evolution over the original 504 Coupe. With modern cars (especially EVs) coming so many curves - this is a very welcome change. Nice greenhouse area too - unlike modern cars which have a very high waistline and small glass area.

To me this looks more Japanese than American - very close to the 5th gen Toyota Corolla.

The design is unabashedly American muscle car like. Would love to see the production form.

500km of range in 25 minutes of charge? :eek::Shockked:Did I read that right?

I am totally blown away by this design. This car looks like the past and the future combined. Just so beautiful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by landcruiser123 (Post 4473332)
The design is unabashedly American muscle car like. Would love to see the production form.

500km of range in 25 minutes of charge? :eek::Shockked:Did I read that right?

Totally agree. Looks like a Foose designed Camaro lol: Hope something like this goes into production, something affordable to compete with Toyota/ Subaru/ Scion BRZ thing.

Here's the first look video of the Peugeot E-Legend Concept -

This video mainly highlights the futuristic design elements and autonomous driving capability, followed by a short test drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU5M8_fZcwY