Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2004, 21:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Enzo is the car for me. Performance is what i'm looking at and from what i've heard the Enzo, during it's test run bettered the lap times of the F40 and F50 by a large margin.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 7th March 2004, 03:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

For me it has to be the F40. This machine was the ultimate supercar during its time and is cult even today. A V8 with two turbos was mindblowing. Also its extra special since it was the last car commisioned by Enzo himself. I simply love the Enzo but then that has another place in my heart. Both have their own charm. I guess I'm not as lucky as GTO. hes seen the real one.

Cheers
Old 7th March 2004, 12:01   #3
Team-BHP Support

F40 baby, F40!
My all time favourite Ferrari.
Old 7th March 2004, 12:05   #4
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

me too would go for the F40 anytime. Did u guys know this?? Even though the F50 is more powerful and 10 years ahead of the F40....the F40 still has a better power to weight ratio than the F50. It was the ultimate car in its time. And still is.
Old 7th March 2004, 12:29   #5
Team-BHP Support

I really couldnt decide on this one!! but ended up with the F40 ! ;-]

V12, thats becoz the new emmision norms killed the F50...but its still spectacular.

cheers
Old 7th March 2004, 14:38   #6
BHPian

I would have to say the F50, Just love everything about it and it has grace and performance is off the charts..enzo is nice but still prefer the 50, 40 is an awesome machine, just made better when 50 came out..

Cheers
Old 7th March 2004, 15:05   #7
BHPian

I'm so delighted to see that people here in India don't consider the Enzo as the very ultimate in motoring & 'design'. First just let me tell you straight-forward. I HATE FERRARI!!. The only Ferrari i have ever liked is the F40. I hate the 360,Enzo,612(ughhhh). Most of my friends consider the Enzo as the last word in ultimate supercars and it really is irritating for there are many cars like Pagani Zonda C12S, Koenigsegg CCR (upcoming) which are less than the price and a hundred thousand times better looking than the ugly old Enzo while remaining exotic than ever. I would take a Murci over the Enzo anyday even if it is slower and not as 'unique'
Old 7th March 2004, 23:53   #8
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

hey gr, i guess u the first guy i know who HATES FERRARI.

U right one way that other cars are priced less and look [and even perform] better. But a Ferrari is a Ferrari.
But to each his own.
Old 8th March 2004, 02:05   #9
Team-BHP Support

"I hate the 360,Enzo,612(ughhhh)."

Hey again grim,

I LOVE Ferrari. But strangely the 3 ferraris u mentioned above are my least favourite.
I hate the 360 because i looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooove the 355 and the 360 was such a let down in styling (or rather proportion) to be a successor to the 355. I dont like the Enzo styling at all, but i respect it for its performance, and the 612 is just even more boring looking than the 456.

Ive said this before and im saying it again>

Ask Mr. Bhushan Kumar to drive by you at 8,200+RPM in his 355 with Tubi megaphones screaming 32,800+ times a minute, every hair raising shriek as the exhaust explodes into song; while 40 valves clatter to keep time, as the intake sucks in a deep breath, and rubber meets tarmac in applause.

and then tell me you dont like ferrari.

Honestly, hearing the 355 at redline altered my life forever!!

cheers.
Old 8th March 2004, 02:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Wow Rehaan

Youve written a poem on Bhushans night out in his 355 ... very sweet . I guess the current Ferrari designs look out of place since they no longer have pop up lights. I really miss this as they were a Ferari trademark. The Testarossa had them and the 512 M didnt made the Testarossa look more beautiful. Ok the F40 doesnt have em but then it has something else...

But of course the 355 has to be one of the greatest and beautil Ferraris of all time ...And those tubis screaming well.. u know better

Cheers
Old 8th March 2004, 13:14   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

Ask Mr. Bhushan Kumar to drive by you at 8,200+RPM in his 355 with Tubi megaphones screaming 32,800+ times a minute, every hair raising shriek as the exhaust explodes into song; while 40 valves clatter to keep time, as the intake sucks in a deep breath, and rubber meets tarmac in applause.
Boy 'o Boy, Rehaan. You have obviously been completely besotted by the 355. I agree, the 355 is one of the best looking Ferraris ever and the 360 which followed - is such a huge letdown!

GTO
Old 8th March 2004, 23:23   #12
BHPian

I agree with you rehan 1000%..355 was awesome..one of the best ferrari designs ever made..(in its class)...

but somehow i like the 360 as a car in its own self...not as a successor to 355..in that respect it missed out..

enzo is nice but their are a lot of other cars i would pick before the enzo..like the f50 which i think was the single greatest ferrari ever to be made..

its not like i love ferraris...but alwasy liked them for what they are and what they represent..they have a respect which other car companies have not yet achieved..ofcource lambo being an equal (IMHO) of the ferrai..

i can say i love the lambo brand and what they stand for ..their cars and everything about them...

not a lot of ppl hear talk about the saleen s7..which is another highly understated supercar..see it and you will freak..its performace is mind bloggling..its wind tunnel test were insane and on track it performs like a dream..one of the reason i have that in my top 5..all time favs.. anyhow keeping to ferraris they are awesome they always have been and as far i think, they always will be.(even if they make a 4 dr or an SUV )

cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks