Team-BHP - 2020 Porsche 911 Turbo (992) images leaked
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   2020 Porsche 911 Turbo (992) images leaked (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/206925-2020-porsche-911-turbo-992-images-leaked.html)

Images of the 2020 Porsche 911 Turbo on the assembly line have leaked online. The 992 Series model can be seen with the bonnet open and some paint protecting wrap along the door sills.

The images show the new 911 finished in a shiny grey shade. The car has black alloy wheels, which appear to be staggered and a slim spoiler along with square-shaped quad exhaust tips in the back. It also gets an LED tail light running across the back and a more aggressive rear bumper design compared to the Carrera.

While the exact specifications of the 911 Turbo are not yet known, the car is expected to be offered with a 3.8-litre, twin-turbocharged, 6-cylinder petrol engine. The previous-generation car produced 513 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 660 Nm of torque @ 1,950 rpm from the same engine. While a 7-speed automatic PDK transmission is expected to be offered, Porsche could also offer a manual transmission option.

In November 2018, the German carmaker unveiled the Carrera S and Carrera 4S line-up. The cars are scheduled to go on sale in mid 2019. The 911 Turbo is expected to be launched after these two cars.

2020 Porsche 911 Turbo (992) images leaked-screenshot-20190222-4.33.58-pm.png

2020 Porsche 911 Turbo (992) images leaked-screenshot-20190222-4.33.43-pm.png

Source: t_schleicher via Instagram

Link to the Team-BHP News

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwasp (Post 4549062)

While the exact specifications of the 911 Turbo are not yet known, the car is expected to be offered with a 3.8-litre, twin-turbocharged, 6-cylinder petrol engine. The previous-generation car produced 513 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 660 Nm of torque @ 1,950 rpm from the same engine. While a 7-speed automatic PDK transmission is expected to be offered, Porsche could also offer a manual transmission option.

[/b]

I had my eyes on a 991 Turbo S which belonged to a prominent garage in Bangalore. Procrastinated on the follow-up part and lost it. Probably the best sports-car in India at any given point (and the best I have ever driven). The price point and the power delivery and Porsche dynamics altogether compose an entrée even Gordon Ramsay cannot beat.

However, the last time I heard from the local Porsche dealer, he informed that it could be churning out somewhere around ~600 BHP (±15). IIRC, they were taking bookings for the 992 from July 2018, months before its worldwide release.

Contemplating on this car because it is the complete package! One car to rule them all. :D

Looks stunning! Am always amazed at how well the 911's design keeps evolving. But the rear half does look very bulbous, especially compared to the tighter front.

Quote:

While a 7-speed automatic PDK transmission is expected to be offered
I think it's going to be the 8-speed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4550111)
I think it's going to be the 8-speed.

As the 'lesser' Carrera S has it this one almost definitely will.
I much hate the new shifter on it though >__>. The lovely sequential system is gone and with the transformation to a pure GT car complete : ' (

Quote:

Originally Posted by ka51resident (Post 4549110)
However, the last time I heard from the local Porsche dealer, he informed that it could be churning out somewhere around ~600 BHP (±15).

Those figures make sense and It must. The 'entry level' Carrera S is so quick now about ~450HP and IIRC 0-100 in 3.4s on the vanilla model, that the big daddy turbo has to have much more output than before to further distinguish itself.

I personally am very disappointed at the fixed rear wing. The new model Carrera has a much wider rear wing than before and I was really hoping that Porsche would get rid of the fixed rear wing of the Turbo, which has always ruined the classic 911 look on the rear slope OR offered it as an option in the same vein as the GT3 Touring Package where they remove ugly rear wing along with roll cage etc.

Regardless, this is still among my top 3 dream cars. One to do it all.
I hope you do get it ka51resident. Daily driver with hypercar performance.

Wow. That is a great looking car. Porsche is maintaining its class and strikes a chord with its buyers when it comes to its sports cars most of the time.

I feel it looks little like a Mustang in these angles. Since I love both 911 and Mustang, I would take these any day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maky (Post 4550196)
I much hate the new shifter on it though >__>. The lovely sequential system is gone and with the transformation to a pure GT car complete : ' (

I resonate with you! I hate the new shifter as well. IMO, they could have done with the old knob or if not, *this might be a push* they could have gone the Ferrari way with the Paddle Shifter for 'Drive' and buttons for Automatic, Reverse and Neutral. Just my thoughts on the gear shifter stupid:

Quote:

Regardless, this is still among my top 3 dream cars. One to do it all.
I hope you do get it ka51resident. Daily driver with hypercar performance.

Thank you! Hope the same too! Waiting for the official launch and review. Nevertheless, it's a Porsche, it's ought to be good :)

New Porsche 911 Turbo revealed. Powered by a 3.8-litre twin-turbo 6-cylinder boxer engine produces 572 HP and 750 Nm torque. Mated to 8-speed PDK unit. Does 0-100 km/hr in 2.7 seconds. 32 HP and 40 Nm more powerful than its predecessor.

2020 Porsche 911 Turbo (992) images leaked-20200716_172409.jpg

2020 Porsche 911 Turbo (992) images leaked-20200716_172412.jpg

2020 Porsche 911 Turbo (992) images leaked-20200716_172414.jpg

2020 Porsche 911 Turbo (992) images leaked-20200716_172416.jpg

Source : MotorBeam