Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2004, 19:00   #1
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

the BMW MPV will share the 3-series' versatile underpinnings. The forthcoming BMW X3 is also based on this platform.
Apparently BMW is also making sure that its MPV has excellent dynamics and road-holding abilities. It is expected that this compact people carrier will set new performance and handling benchmarks in the extremely popular MPV market.

Typical BMW the 3-series MPV will be well equipped and the car will feature leather seats and satellite navigation. Like the VW Touran and Opel Zafira the BMW MPV will also have a versatile seating arrangement.

According to Auto Express the engine range will include 2.2, 2.5 and 2-litre valvetronic power trains. It is expected that there will be a diesel model as well.

Old 7th March 2004, 02:14   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey, just wondering...is this gonna be a FWD BMW??
Somehow i got that feeling from looking at the front track in the first pic....

cya
Old 7th March 2004, 03:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

The MPV idea is good but the car doesnt look all that great ?? Is is another bangled creation? What bout tech specs

Cheers
Old 8th March 2004, 23:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey V12. 4 wheel drive-fwd or rwd, this is not what BMW should be doing in the first place. BMW isn't exactly a mass manufacturer ala Peugeot, Ford, Citroen, Renault, Opel etc. Its proificency lies in making fun-to-drive sedans and sports cars. The problem lying with this new MPV is, who is gonna buy it? Europe has a penchant for MPVs, but BMW MPVs would surely cross 20,000 pounds for sure. Even the basic 2.0 litre. And that would deter a whole lot of people. Remember, vehicles like Espace give value for money. Sure, this one will be too, but with practically a model with a new category all by itself, its gonna be hard for BMW to justify its manufacture. Frankly, i am skeptical about success of this vehicle. BMW should stick to its roots of making cars and sporty SUVs. And leave the mommy vehicles to others.
Old 9th March 2004, 01:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

I second ur views Revv. I really doubt the success of the BMW MPV

Cheers
Old 9th March 2004, 06:21   #6
BHPian

I dont know how successful is the A Class, since this seems to be in competition for that..if the A is doing well then this might also pick up..

we dont get the A Class in US so I dont know how popular is it in other countries..but no matter what..its not that nice and I would never be caught driving it...(that goes for the A as well)
Old 9th March 2004, 11:52   #7
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

c4s, the bmw mpv might compete with the Vaneo and not the A class. The A is a small car. The BMW 1 series will compete with the A.
And this is the first MPV from BMW. Lets wait till production starts. Only time will tell.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks