Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2019, 23:25   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: 》
Posts: 372
Thanked: 1,192 Times
Default Re: Let it rust: Social media campaign storms Egypt! Boycott new car purchases to force lower prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post

I don't believe with lower prices, people will buy 2 or 3 car's more, they will just jump a segment or 2 up and get a costlier vehicle. Because people have more brand awareness now than ever before, only reason they settle for something cheaper is because of the sky high prices.

We badly need this movement in India.
We can just implement and try it out
as that's the only way the government will ever listen to
Agree Stan
Most People will move up segments rather than buying more cars.
Parking facilities, space and maintenance hassles are a BIG factor for that. Parking space is at a premium in even 2-Tier cities and smaller towns these days, it's a nightmare in the Metros and large cities which buy the major chunk of cars.

If some day this really happens and Car prices come down at par with international markets, I would plonk my money in a Toyota, eyes closed. Period.

Imagine the scenario in the Great Indian Car Scene section? (Tbhp's largest section)
Gone will be the days of the Suzukis and Hyundais,
People will buy the reliable Toyotas for the entry and mid segments.
75% Bhpians will own Toyotas, and the rest 25% will own German cars.
Luxury segments will be ruled by the Germans.
The Used car market would flood with premium cars... if wishes were horses. Alas...

Heck, in even our poorer neighbouring countries like Bangladesh, 75% Cars on the road are Toyota! And we thought we were the more advanced Nation

It's a pity and a joke that one of the largest Car markets in the world is ruled by SUZUKI. Any guesses why Maruti is making more profit in India than the parent Suzuki worldwide? Elsewhere nobody buys a Suzuki.

So, it would Not be so difficult to imagine who will be the Biggest loser, in other words who will be the Biggest Opponent of such a campaign.

Last edited by JS Kwt : 15th March 2019 at 23:47.
JS Kwt is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 07:47   #17
BHPian
 
rovingeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 161
Thanked: 307 Times
Default Re: Let it rust: Social media campaign storms Egypt! Boycott new car purchases to force lower prices

This thread couldn't have come at a better time. Toyota increasing prices again after doing so just 3 months back in Jan.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/toyota-announ...pril-2019/amp/
rovingeye is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2019, 22:12   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: 》
Posts: 372
Thanked: 1,192 Times
Default Re: Let it rust: Social media campaign storms Egypt! Boycott new car purchases to force lower prices

Hormazd Sorabjee in Egypt

Let it rust: Social media campaign storms Egypt! Boycott new car purchases to force lower prices-screenshot_20190321223513_twitter.jpg

Pic also captures the posters all along the street of 40% Sale on Cars
Effect of the Let it Rust Campaign

Let it rust: Social media campaign storms Egypt! Boycott new car purchases to force lower prices-screenshot_20190321223555_twitter.jpg

https://t.co/uNUK53hPQk
JS Kwt is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Personal Experiences with Social Media StarVegabond Shifting gears 14 13th April 2018 16:53
Social Media for Cars bigautobuff The Indian Car Scene 19 12th November 2015 19:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks