Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2019, 12:21   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW unveils 3-Series Long Wheelbase in China

I honestly hope this doesn't come to India as the 3-Series (and C-Class) are perfectly sized for driving pleasure! The 5-Series & E-Class (especially) show their bulk under hard cornering. The 3-Series has an agility that'll be lost with a longer wheelbase.

I don't think it'll come to India as it'll greatly affect sales of the 5-Series which, in itself, isn't that spacious at the rear. Would BMW let a 3-Series be more spacious than the 5? If I set the G30 to my driving position, a tall guy will have trouble sitting behind me. If anything, it is the 5-Series that deserves a LWB version here, but then, BMW has the 6GT for that.

By the way, the Chinese luxury car market is 40 (yes, FORTY) times bigger than India's. Here, they sell 1000 - 1200 cars / month. In China, the big 3 Germans do 40,000 EACH (Mercedes has sometimes even sold 50,000 / month).
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 19:38   #17
BHPian

Re: BMW unveils 3-Series Long Wheelbase in China

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I honestly hope this doesn't come to India as the 3-Series (and C-Class) are perfectly sized for driving pleasure! The 5-Series & E-Class (especially) show their bulk under hard cornering. The 3-Series has an agility that'll be lost with a longer wheelbase.
True. But they could simultaneously offer both the regular and LWB versions. By the way, is that what they do in China?

All of what you said is true in China as well, yet they get the LWB cars don't they? Sure they have a substantially bigger market, but our market is slowly getting bigger isn't it?

Quote:
Would BMW let a 3-Series be more spacious than the 5?
Why wouldn't they if they think it'll sell well?

Also ― I'm asking this because I don't know ― in India does the current LWB E-Class sell more than the 5-Series?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks