Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2019, 16:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Indonesia: Honda BR-V facelift unveiled

Honda has unveiled the updated BR-V at the 2019 Indonesia International Motor Show (IIMS).

Indonesia: Honda BR-V facelift unveiled-2019hondabrvfaceliftfrontthreequartersae5c.jpeg

The new BR-V comes with a revised front grille and a new front bumper with chrome fog lamp surrounds. It has a trapezoidal air dam and a silver scuff plate. The headlamps come with projectors and L-shaped LED daytime running lights. At the rear, it gets a tweaked bumper. The car rides on redesigned 16-inch dual-tone alloy wheels.

Indonesia: Honda BR-V facelift unveiled-2019hondabrvfaceliftrearthreequarters2661.jpeg

Honda hasn't made any changes to the interior of the BR-V. It has a black dashboard with a touchscreen infotainment system, 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel and a 3-dial instrument cluster.

Indonesia: Honda BR-V facelift unveiled-2019hondabrvfaceliftinterior07b7.jpeg

In Indonesia, the BR-V is offered with a 1.5-litre petrol engine that produces 118 BHP and 145 Nm of torque and comes paired with either a 6-speed manual or CVT. In India, Honda offers a 1.5-litre diesel engine that puts out 99 BHP and 200 Nm of torque.

Indonesia: Honda BR-V facelift unveiled-2019hondabrvfaceliftcabin6182.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 19:26   #2
BHPian

Re: Indonesia: Honda BR-V facelift unveiled

from the face, it suddenly looks like a Chinese knock-off of the original!
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 07:42   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I can't decide which looks worse - the current BR-V or this facelift. Somehow, Honda & I no longer see eye to eye on their styling. I hate the weird & busy design language that they're using on all their cars now.

The BR-V is barely selling ~300 units / month. Wondering if we'll even see the facelift here.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 08:31   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wondering if we'll even see the facelift here.
There was this rumor on my Google Feed today about the HR-V being BR-V's replacement, but I believe, HR-V seats 5 and this seats 7, but lets see...
Old 30th April 2019, 09:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
There was this rumor on my Google Feed today about the HR-V being BR-V's replacement, but I believe, HR-V seats 5 and this seats 7, but lets see...
I dont think HR-V can replace BR-V purely because HR-V is priced closer or even more compared to Civic which itself starts at 17.9 lakhs.
Old 30th April 2019, 10:59   #6
Team-BHP Support

Here is the article that says HR-V will "replace BR-V". I don't think it makes much sense though - because HR-V is likely to be priced higher than the Creta.
https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...n-india/33685/
Old 9th May 2019, 11:28   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I dont think HR-V can replace BR-V purely because HR-V is priced closer or even more compared to Civic which itself starts at 17.9 lakhs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Here is the article that says HR-V will "replace BR-V". I don't think it makes much sense though - because HR-V is likely to be priced higher than the Creta.
https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...n-india/33685/
I was at the local Honda showroom(Pride Honda, Hyderabad) and bumped into an SM that has been there for over 10 years now. Who I was dealing with during my Honda City times. I was there to look at and test-drive the BR-V. And in our talks, he did mention that Honda may replace BR-V with the HR-V later this year.

He did not have a logic when I questioned him on the pricing and we both agreed that HR-V is going to be priced around the Creta mark more or less. But, in my personal opinion, if the car(BR-V) is selling less than 300 units per month, Honda may just want to stop manufacturing more of these and allocate the same time to other vehicles, esp HR-V with a lot of common parts, etc.
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks