Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2019, 17:08   #1
BHPian

End of the Audi TT; Electric successor inbound

Audi Announces end of the Audi TT

End of the Audi TT; Electric successor inbound-2019auditt_100695659_h.jpg

Quote:
After 20 years, the Audi TT will leave us. The brand's chairman Bram Schot confirmed the TT's demise Thursday.

However, he revealed Audi already has plans to replace the model with a new electric car. While that's good news for TT fans, there's no guarantee the new electric car will be a sports car. Schot called the upcoming car will be a similarly "emotive" model with a similar price point. A TT successor may morph into a fastback sedan, according to several rumors.
Source & Full Article
Porcupine is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 08:59   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: End of the Audi TT; Electric successor inbound

Was quite an iconic car back in the day, and it did Audi a lot of good, especially in the USA. But 2-door Germans simply aren't selling like they used to and the TT itself has suffered sluggish sales.

Not a surprising move. No one will miss this one, but we will miss the amazing R8 (another Audi to face the axe) - related thread.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 14:01   #3
BHPian

Re: End of the Audi TT; Electric successor inbound

Quote:
Was quite an iconic car back in the day, and it did Audi a lot of good, especially in the USA. But 2-door Germans simply aren't selling like they used to and the TT itself has suffered sluggish sales.
True. The subsequent iterations after 2006 eroded that iconic look significantly and that resulted in large part to the sales decline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not a surprising move. No one will miss this one.
I will. Having owned and extensively driven the first gen TT for 4 years in US, I will always have a special place for it in my heart. Even after having returned to India now, I keep looking for pre-owned TTs every now and then in hope of coming across a good deal.
Immix is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks