Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2019, 23:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tesla opens bookings for made-in-China Model 3

According to a media report, Tesla has released the prices for made in China Model 3 sedan and has started accepting bookings. The car will be offered at a starting price of 328,000 yuan and customers can book their cars with a payment of 20,000 yuan. Deliveries are expected to begin in 6 to 10 months.

In November 2017, Tesla finalised a manufacturing facility in China. The first model to be manufactured in this facility will be the Model 3. Compared to the made in USA Model 3 cars sold in China, the locally made cars are 49,000 yuan cheaper.

Local production will give access to incentives which could help Tesla sell more cars. China has slowly been reducing its incentives on EVs and it is unclear if they will be offered on the locally manufactured Model 3.

Tesla opens bookings for made-in-China Model 3-20180419_083923.jpg

Source: Electrek

Link to the Team-BHP news
blackwasp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 10:50   #2
BANNED

re: Tesla opens bookings for made-in-China Model 3

When are they coming to India?

I hope not too late, definitely before April 2020. Then they have a ready market waiting.

Many of us who are delaying their purchases will consider them.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 13:01   #3
BHPian

re: Tesla opens bookings for made-in-China Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
When are they coming to India?

Then they have a ready market waiting.

Many of us who are delaying their purchases will consider them.
I doubt if they have a big market over here. The car even if manufactured here might be upwards of 40L. Also anyone buying a car worth that much might not have the patience of charging it. We as a country are just not patient enough to charge a car for a few hours. I have seen so many people being rather impatient with their mobiles which now a days charge much quickly. These factors itself might be a big hurdle. Another hurdle they might face is creating infra for charging points.

And last but not the least is continuous electricity supply which barring Mumbai and a few other big cities is a major issue. Even in the NCR I have seen electricity not being continuous. And of course a big positive for them is the incentives that the Chinese Govt. will offer compared to us. Our Babus will just want to milk the American company.

In spite of all these negatives Tesla can start by bringing 2500 cars annually to begin with and test the waters. If they succeeded, it's a BIG win for the Indian consumer.

Disclaimer: All above statements are my own and I could definitely be wrong as I am no expert in the field of electric cars, so don't hang me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks