Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2007, 19:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Makeover time at Nissan,Infiniti

Nissan previewed the new 2008 Nisan Titan full-size pickup, Pathfinder mid-size SUV and Armada full-size SUVs at a press conference at the Nissan Technical Center North America, Farmington Hills, Mich. prior to their public debut at the 2007 Chicago Auto Show, February 9 – 18 at McCormick Place, Chicago.

The three new vehicles offer significant upgrades and enhancements, including the addition of new Nissan Titan Long Wheelbase King Cab and Crew Cab models, a new 5.6-liter V8 engine for
Armada. The three new 2008 Nissan Pathfinder, and new exterior and interior designs for NissanNissan vehicles are scheduled to be available at Nissan dealers nationwide beginning in spring 2007.

Source and further reading:
▷ Auto news: Nissan Previews 2008 Titan, Pathfinder and Armada

2007 Nissan Altima set for makeover

A new, fourth-generation auto for 2007, the Altima looks more distinctive than its predecessor, has a new platform and front suspension for improved handling, boasts a dressed-up interior and has achieved an overall, best-for-Altima government safety rating.

Source:
Pocono Record - 2007 Nissan Altima set for makeover

Also read:
Nissan Altima's Hybrid

Infiniti retools G35, takes aim at BMW fans

The new, second-generation Infiniti G35 Sport is an enthusiast-tuned sport sedan with a 306-horsepower V-6 and choice of six-speed manual or five-speed automatic transmissions.

Bimmer loyalists won't overlook how the G styling mimics the iconic BMW C-kink in the side rear window.
The blatant copycats. Or is Infiniti just confident that its car is a competitor?

Source:
SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Business -- G force

Old 4th February 2007, 20:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Infiniti to battle with BMW in the UK[2008]

To Infiniti and beyond... Nissan is preparing for a galactic battle by taking on BMW.The Jap­anese firm's upmarket Infiniti brand will be launched in the UK in autumn 2008, and these sketches hint at two models that will make up part of the range.
Insiders describe Infiniti as the 'Japanese BMW' and think of Lexus as more of a 'Japanese Mercedes'.

By this they mean the Nissan-owned brand will focus on driver involvement and entertaining handling in an upmarket package, rather than outright luxury. As a result, all of Infiniti's models will either be rear or four-wheel drive.

The Infiniti G Coupé, which will be unveiled at the New York Motor Show in April

Source:
Netcars - Nissan Infiniti

2007 Infiniti FX45

The 2007 Infiniti FX45 is a space age SUV with loads of amazing features.

Some Features :

The Lane Departure Warning is a system that warns the driver when he changes lane unintentionally.

The Intelligent Cruise Control system ensures that you don’t bump into the car going in front of you if it brakes abruptly.

Read More:
2007 Infiniti FX35, FX45 SUV - Infiniti USA Official Site

Source:
2007 Infiniti FX45: An amazing car with outstanding features - The Automobile Blog

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 4th February 2007 at 20:40.
Old 4th February 2007, 23:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

g35 to someone seems like a copy of the ugly 3 series, thats the most hilarious thing i have heard...

what the 3 series guys will go to stop the coming domination of the G sedans and coupes in the next few generations, every new gen of G will close the already small gap...

But i have say, 3 series still rules in handling, G is getting closer, but 3 series has a much better feel to the driver than the G, but i dont doubt that this will not be a problem in the coming years and generations.

i was a 3 series loyalist convert into a G driver, I find the G far better looking and better put together than the 3 series..

as for the other products of infiniti well, I cant wait to see the new FX. FX is the sexiest cross over that there is..I cant see how can they make it any better than the revised 2006 FX.

But the direction Nissan is going seems right..good for them.. I cant wait to see what the GTR will look like eventually and if it will be a perfect blend of $$ and performance to land up in my garage..

Last edited by 1Day : 4th February 2007 at 23:25.
Old 5th February 2007, 22:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

The G35 is one high quality car.. I like everything about it.The coupe sure stands out of the other cars in the segment. I think the new G35 4 door sedan looks a lot like the M35. Little on the masculine side, with those sharp looks.
Very impressive!!..
Old 7th February 2007, 07:50   #5
BHPian

Infiniti G35 is a truely desirable car. Its first iteration was a huge hit in the US, but the interiors were not upscale in terms of materials. But its design is still a reference. Interestingly it shares its engines with another super seller - Nissan Z
I still feel the 4 door version may be hyped up to be a BMW 3series alternative, but it has enjoyed good sales though. The true competitor, I feel for the 3 series currently is the new Lexus IS, but BMW rules this category. A case in point, when BMW chairman/ceo told he has "Lexus in his rear view", while Toyota's chairman feels Nissan is its closest Japanese competitor now.

Most Viewed