Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2019, 17:08   #61
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
The tail lights remind me of a (in)famous hybrid car in the US which people love thrashing.

Am I the only one who likes the front of the car?
The front of the car is still acceptable. It will definitely grow on most of us at least. That rear though

That is the kind od design that gives me a headache. Horrible is an understatement to describe that atrocious rear design.
aveoman19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 17:19   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveoman19 View Post
The front of the car is still acceptable. It will definitely grow on most of us at least. That rear though

That is the kind od design that gives me a headache. Horrible is an understatement to describe that atrocious rear design.
Exactly my thoughts!
The sonata inspired grill is digestible and will grow on us for sure. But what the hell they have done with the rear ? Tail lamp with light bar is also somewhat ok but whats with that bumper ?

I guess Hyundai's fluidic design language 3.0 is to completely ruin their handsome looking cars . First the Creta , now Verna
Asish_VK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 18:10   #63
BHPian

Pardon my extreme observation but I feel Hyundai designers have thrown caution (and aesthetics) to the wind these days. The teams are competing among themselves on who will create the ugliest designs. Having owned 5 Hyundais in almost 10 years, looks like these are signs from God to look elsewhere for my next ride
Old 4th September 2019, 19:25   #64
BHPian

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

The design looks more futuristic and can grow on people. So, starting from this Hyundai can introduce mass market Hydbrid offerings.

A couple of observations: The wrap around tail lamps are growing longer to the extent that they become continuous. The other is that the bumper seem to be becoming bigger with each face-lift, does it has to do only with pedestrian safety regulations or has some connections with cost as well?
Old 4th September 2019, 19:59   #65
BHPian

God! Please save my eyes!

What a weirdo?!. Let Chinese customers enjoy this bling, though Indians like chrome that rear is out of world alien design. Need a strong coffee to divert my mind from this shock. Are they going to bring the same model to India?
Old 4th September 2019, 20:59   #66
BANNED

I think now Hyundai is getting inspiration from BMW for being hideous. I think fluidic 4.0 will cause the head and tail lights merge as a single piece with indicator lights in between. They may advertise it as ‘all around headlights/taillights’ rather than ‘wrap around headlight/taillights’. Rant over, now it’s your turn
Old 4th September 2019, 21:11   #67
BHPian

Dear Hyundai, if possible, please refrain from launching this in India. If launched, Other sedans might take a pie from Verna, mostly the City. Or who knows, the complete opposite might happen . Remember the City with that big mustache which they eventually trimmed and styled.

Just showed it to one of my colleagues who will be getting his Verna SX(O) P in a couple of days. He feels happy that he is getting one at the right time.
Old 4th September 2019, 22:37   #68
BHPian

I think its a radical shift from the usual fluidic design we have been used to for so many years. The exterior is totally different from cars available in the market today. Any shots of interiors?
Old 4th September 2019, 22:39   #69
BHPian

I really hope that this design doesn't ends up in our shore, specially that hideous rear design language. For some reason it reminds me of Toyota Mirai which made appearance at Auto Expo 2016:
[ATTACH=WP_20160208_17_15_56_Pro.jpg]

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-wp_20160208_17_16_07_pro.jpg[/ATTACH]

Image Source- my phone gallery. Clicked during my internship.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-wp_20160208_17_15_56_pro.jpg  

sachin_cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 06:57   #70

Crazy design!!! All the funky designers from Toyota and Lexus seem to have shifted to Hyundai.

I guess the Chinese love these kind of stuff. BMW too has come with oversized chrome grills for the China market.
Old 5th September 2019, 09:17   #71
Senior - BHPian

Yikes!!
The fluidic theme is over flowing now.
Hyundai should rein it in before its new cars start looking like cheap copies of its old cars.

The front is nice, though.
Old 5th September 2019, 10:57   #72
BHPian

Car designers are using as much real estate as possible while designing the car. They try to elongate headlights, taillights, etc. If they can't, then they will elongate the grill like Lexus and BMW.

I hope some sense prevails quickly in the minds of automobile manufacturers. Toyota tried all the weird tricks as much as possible with Etios twins, rebadged Baleno and now a dual tone Yaris. Volkswagen still can't understand what facelift means with Polo and Vento. Maruti is feeling the heat as consumers are getting more aware about safety aspects.

I feel only Tata and Mahindra are making genuine efforts in launching cars which looks fresh and are value for money as well.

Though I went bit off topic here, I want Hyundai to first concentrate bit hard on ride and handling departments. They already have wonderful engine and designs with them. Keep it simple.

Cars like Maruti 800 and first generation Santro became icons because they had very simple designs which lasted for decades.
Old 5th September 2019, 11:48   #73
BHPian

I hate to overreact but that rear-end is absolutely gaudy and hideous! I really hope Hyundai India will keep the rear-end from the current car which actually looks really good.

And I really hope the Chinese will get some taste when it comes to cars else this will be type of cars we will be getting in the future by all car manufacturers given the size of their economy (I'm looking at you BMW!).
Old 5th September 2019, 12:25   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai officially unveils the New Verna in China,

In terms of configuration, the new car will vary depending on the version of the front fog light, skylight, exterior mirror turn signal, window chrome plating, rim style, grille style, etc. In terms of power, the new car is powered by a 1.4-liter naturally aspirated engine with a maximum power of 100 hp (73.3 kW).

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-2020hyundaivernafaceliftgaadiwaadi5.jpg

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-autohomecar__chsem11wgokab_nyaajhh5fspw535.jpg

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-2020hyundaivernafaceliftgaadiwaadi4.jpg

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-autohomecar__chccqf1wgzaabjn8aaj86wryndo819.jpg

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-2020hyundaivernafaceliftgaadiwaadi2.jpg

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-2020hyundaivernafaceliftgaadiwaadi3.jpg

Link

Link1

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th September 2019 at 12:38.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 14:41   #75
BHPian

Yuck! That back looks obscene! To be frank, the front also is not a looker! First Creta, and now Verna! What is happening to Hyundai designers! Somehow these designs remind me of the alien from the Predator movie

Most Viewed