Team-BHP - 2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/211230-2020-hyundai-verna-facelift-spotted-china.html)

As seen in the past with the iX25, now its the quirky design for the Verna in China.
Quote:

The front part adopts an inverted trapezoidal grille, and the two sides match the brand new headlight group, and the interior is filled with a matrix of lamp beads. Below is the area of ​​the fog light that is more aggressive.
Quote:

In the rear part, the new car adopts a through-type taillight design, and the lighting effect can be expected. In addition, the new car has a raised area on each side of the rear of the car, giving a sense of individuality. In terms of body size, the new car has a length and height of 4,405/1720/1455mm and a wheelbase of 2,600 mm.
2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-43169a.jpg

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-0x0_m910_autohomecar__chsefv0ufxsac1i5aaesln1mzu8312.jpg

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-687b61-1.jpg

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-77d563-1.jpg

Link

Looks like the designer loves Origami!! That rear looks so very ugly!! Wonder what's wrong with Hyundai going overboard with its design language now a days!! Yuck!

What an atrocious design! First the Creta facelift, and now the once-upon-a-time humble Verna. Did Hyundai hire some new designers?

On the other hand, their cousin Kia is hitting it out of the park with pleasing, appealing designs.

They have overdone with too many designing elements. If they can control it a bit, things can significantly improve IMHO.

Eg: Look at the front grill, it has the twisted rope kind of design which looks out of place here and then the headlamp housing, they have used some weird shapes there. I'm not talking about the rear end. It seems hopeless to me and I don't think anything can be done about it.

Ugly like one of those weird anime characters! I will personally welcome the new Creta as it improves resale of my existing one :-)

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Rushlane have posted this article about the 2020 Verna facelift which is expected to launch sometime next year in India. The spyshots in the article are of the Chinese version, however we can get a fair idea of how the Indian version may look like.

https://www.rushlane.com/2020-hyunda...-12317292.html

Personally I don't like the design direction of the new gen Hyundais. Too busy and too quirky. That tail lamp cluster looks :Frustrati
2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-screenshot_201907181903022.png

The only new design I liked from Hyundai was of Sonata, it really looks smashing. But the rest, like the facelifted Elantra, Grand i10 and New Creta are repelling. Now the Verna also joins that ignominous list!

Reminds me of the Toyota Prius. What design direction is Hyundai heading in, seriously?

This is how the front for the car looks like.

There is no confirmation on whether the India-spec Verna would get similar looks, however considering Hyundai’s global design strategy; we don’t expect the India-spec car to look much different than the one seen in these spy shots

Seeing the i20 and Sonata, somebody had predicted that the tail lamps of future Hyundais will meet each other. That's what exactly happened now!

Seeing this Verna head lamp design, I am waiting for the time when the head lamps and tail lamps meet each other. At least, they will grow till the doors.

Hyundai trying really hard to be Toyota/Lexus in design. Personally I feel Current 'New Gen Verna' looks ok compared other iterations of Verna [first fluidic design was too soft for my liking - I know that looks of all the things are very subjective to each individual].

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 4623109)
Seeing the i20 and Sonata, somebody had predicted that the tail lamps of future Hyundais will meet each other. That's what exactly happened now!

Seeing this Verna head lamp design, I am waiting for the time when the head lamps and tail lamps meet each other. At least, they will grow till the doors.

:OT On one hand, we have BMW whose kidney grills keep increasing in size with each new model. OTOH Hyundai is trying hard to make sure all lamps around the car meet. Soon they will replace sheet metal with glass/fiber so the lamps become even bigger

Please tell me its a mod job by some nut case, if it's a real Hyundai one :Shockked: ! I don't think one can ever recover from this shock. Who on earth has passed this monstrosity, that guy needs a detailed Opthalmologist evaluation.

Yuck, Doesn't look good at all.

At this rate a day will come when the headlights and taillights will all meet and we will have cars with lights all around...like a belt of lights !! :D