Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2019, 12:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing

A camouflaged test mule of the next-gen Skoda Octavia has been spotted testing in Europe.

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-2020-octavia-1.jpg

At the front, the car will get a single headlamp design with integrated DRLs, instead of the split design in the current-gen car. At the rear, the car could get a split taillight design, as well as a shark fin antenna and a rear windscreen wiper. The dual-tone bumper gets reflectors and a chrome strip. There's also what appears to be black stickering on the boot lid along with a chrome strip. The logo at the back could be replaced with Skoda lettering.

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-2020-octavia-2.jpg

There's no word on what engines will be used to power the Octavia.

The car is expected to be unveiled by the end of 2019. Reports suggest that the estate version of the Octavia would come first, followed by the notchback.

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-2020-octavia-3.jpg

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-2020-octavia-4.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Source: Auto.CZ

Last edited by ChiragM : 25th July 2019 at 12:28.
ChiragM is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 12:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing

They have a brilliantly creative team that spends so much time and energy in camouflaging their test cars. Unlike the usual normal way of using the graffiti like stickers, these guys really take effort and make the design seem like a different car. It gets far more difficult to understand the design of the car when there are confusing elements pasted all over it. Kudos to their extremely intelligent hard work. I hope Skoda team recognizes their effort and appreciate the team.

Coming to the car itself, it looks more like a face-lift than a new-gen Octavia. The window line especially looks too much like the current car.
aravind.anand is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 13:02   #3
AYP
Senior - BHPian

That rear reminded me of the Opel Astra. I hope that they don't only offer the 1.4 TSI(like the Audi A4). A power increase on the 2.0 TDI would be great as well.
AYP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 16:00   #4
BHPian

That looks like a normal car and not a camouflaged one, great work by the team. Interesting to see is the rear windshield wiper, they are not that common in sedans. Never saw one in any sedan in India (have seen in some models in Europe though). LED headlamp looks classy to look on the car, ads more character to the overall profile.
Jerryaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 18:48   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryaj View Post
That looks like a normal car and not a camouflaged one, great work by the team. Interesting to see is the rear windshield wiper, they are not that common in sedans. Never saw one in any sedan in India (have seen in some models in Europe though). LED headlamp looks classy to look on the car, ads more character to the overall profile.
The Octavia is considered a notchback, so globally a rear wash wipe is offered as OE on some trims IIRC.
Even in the Laura too.

Personally, I love the nose & headlights, but find the rear to be too bulky. I hope the non-camouflaged car addresses this as the Octavia has always looked premium, and smart by notchback standards.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 19:05   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Octavia IV spied crossing domestic highways, especially the Mladá Boleslav and Hradec Králové motorways.

Quote:
the test pieces are trying to fool us and look like the outgoing third generation, but the sharp shapes at the back convince us the opposite.
Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-5836507_.jpg

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-5836506_.jpg

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-5836504_v0.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th July 2019 at 19:07.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 19:38   #7
Team-BHP Support

Its imminent, Skoda played the same stunt with the Kodiaq prior to actual reveal
Old 26th July 2019, 08:28   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
They have a brilliantly creative team that spends so much time and energy in camouflaging their test cars.
VAG overall. Indian team is no less - they had tried to make the camo'ed Vento pass off as a Ford. Not just the badge, even the tail-lights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Skoda Octavia IV spied crossing domestic highways, especially the Mladá Boleslav and Hradec Králové motorways.
Is Skoda trying to do a "BMW" with the grille? If there is one company I can count on for clean & timeless designs, it is Skoda. I hope they are not planning to go all-weirdo on this one.
GTO is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 12:00   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Is Skoda trying to do a "BMW" with the grille? If there is one company I can count on for clean & timeless designs, it is Skoda. I hope they are not planning to go all-weirdo on this one.

Wider grill epidemic is on the rise, perhaps it gives a perception of a wider stance. Nevertheless, to stand timeless in design as they always have been, they should not get swayed by short stunts in trends.

Skoda designs have been elegant so far, but the cues discussed here reminds that they can also do an Yeti (No offence to Yeti fans, purely a personal choice based on exterior design ONLY).
Thermodynamics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 13:06   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
That rear reminded me of the Opel Astra.
I was going to say the same thing.
The resemblance is uncanny.
sleepyk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 13:06   #11
BHPian

The grill looks amazing!
But the head lams seems a little to sharp and small.

Maybe this generation will be stong enough to de throne the reliable Corolla
Old 26th July 2019, 14:49   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
: Shockked: Is Skoda trying to do a "BMW" with the grille? If there is one company I can count on for clean & timeless designs, it is Skoda. I hope they are not planning to go all-weirdo on this one.
I'm observing this trend starting with the Scala, where they're sharpening the headlights, so that the grill appears larger (Unlike BMW just giving their grills steroids). Mat Watson from Carwow said in the BMW 7 series review that the Chinese are fond of large grills.
Although the headlight-grill proportions of the current Superb is so perfect! Wish Skoda somehow stuck to that
TROOPER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 00:39   #13
BHPian

Rendered by SRK Designs -

Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing-67058749_2486684938041577_5508846094617935872_o.jpg

Mods - please merge this thread with the existing one - Next Gen 2020 Skoda Octavia.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 09:47   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Interesting to see is the rear windshield wiper, they are not that common in sedans. Never saw one in any sedan in India
We had it in India in the Accent Viva, don't recall any other sedan in India having a rear wiper though.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 17:39   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting to see is the rear windshield wiper, they are not that common in sedans. Never saw one in any sedan in India (have seen in some models in Europe though).
That's because its a notchback, and some countries in the EU require notchbacks to have rear wipers. Not required for sedans. Have seen the EU spec Superb have it too.
TROOPER is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks