Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2004, 14:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

McLaren Plans Baby F1

McLaren chairman Ron Dennis has dropped strong hints about a new supercar project, following hot in the tyre-tracks of the Mercedes McLaren SLR. The new car would be in the £100-£150,000 bracket and, according to Dennis, has been inspired by driving rival supercars during the development phase of the SLR.

'I was quite surprised that so many models in that bracket are not as good as they should be, so we know what we are dealing with', he told The Times last month. However, it was emphasised that McLaren is at the beginning of a long development process and that the exact make-up of the car is still being nailed-down.

One of the major questions is whether the company could, or would want to, build it around a carbonfibre chassis. Even though manufacturing techniques have progressed massively since the F1's era, the expense might preclude it.

its good. now the Gallardo, Modena have competition!
Old 10th March 2004, 14:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Iguess there was a post similar to this few days ago with a picture and after seeing those pics the looks werennt impressive , wierd actually.. no where near the Gallardos looks

Cheers
Old 11th March 2004, 00:04   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hey,

Does anyone think that the (old/original) mclaren f1 looks a bit like the GT40....... i saw a huge similarity the first time i saw it.....but now it seems less aparent...just wondering if anyone felt the same way!?

cya
Old 11th March 2004, 00:11   #4
BHPian

I didnt..GT40 looks more retro..McL has much more beautiful curves than the american beast..but I love both the designs..awesome cars...

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks