Nissan Patrol 0 0%
Mitsubishi Pajero 0 0%
Porsche Cayenne 8 28.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2004, 14:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys from the above SUVs which would you choose? For me it has to be the Range Rover or Land Rover for it sheer off roading Heritage. Traditional looks , powerful and easy to drive as well . The Cayenne would be my second choice cause it combines off roading with super car capabilities...

Cheers
Old 10th March 2004, 14:57   #2
Team-BHP Support

The Range Rover is the one for me. It was the first SUV I ever saw. I fell in love with it instantly. It still looks as great and is the best and the most prestigeous in the business.
Old 10th March 2004, 19:47   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

For me, it would have to be the Cayenne (from the list provided). It is lightning fast on the road and most will agree, it could do more than a fair amount of off-roading too!

GTO
Old 10th March 2004, 23:21   #4
BHPian

Same as dippy and adi, have to go with the range rover..they are the best SUVs made in the world with a close second - LX470...and since LX470 is not on the list I have no problem picking..

Cayenne is nice..but not a real SUV persay..I like it..it would be my 4th pick after RR, LX, X5..

Cheers
Old 11th March 2004, 00:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

From the list i picked the Cayene. Controversal looks but great performance , almost super car like! and ya it's German so it will come with great build quality and state of the art safety features..in short typically Europeon car!
My perfect Suv however, is a BMW X5
Old 11th March 2004, 00:28   #6
Team-BHP Support

Im taking the advantage of assuming the Cayene is a Turbo ;-]

(just saw one today with the quad exhaust pipes...nice)

If the "SUV" was for offroading i would take a disco, or a jeep!

but as an SUv the performance of the cayene turbo is killer.

cya
Old 11th March 2004, 03:08   #7
RJK
Senior - BHPian

its a real tough call there...i'm a die hard Landcruiser fan but also the Cayenne is awesome considering that it also goes FAST ! in that case it has to b the cayenne first & then landcruiser & then the rest of it...unless its the Overfinch Range rover....thts also kicks ass !

M3
Old 11th March 2004, 05:10   #8
BHPian

Really, it depends on how your're going to be using the vehicle. This list is missing some other good crossover SUVs - RX330, FX45, GX470. I would pick any of these for driving comfort and ride quality.
For offroading - I would go with the Land Cruiser. It's a true body-on-frame truck unlike the popular Cayenne which is unibody, and too much towing/offroading will damage the platform.
Fast and SUV are not things that go together. A large and heavly vehicle will not provide the same characteristics like that of a low-clearance supercar. It will not handle/respond/brake/turn like a lighter car. So the fast Cayenne really does not influence me too much. Just my opinion.
What will be interesting though is the ultra-buffed Clubsport Cayenne. A V8 with 600bhp !!!!
Powerslave is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2004, 09:09   #9
BHPian

I personally think there is no car like the Range Rover for offroading..one of the main reasons these are so popular in the mid east..same goes for the land cruiser/LX470...But how many people really go offroading..how many people go really really fast..very few..so over all looking for something big+lux+fast combo..cayenne and RR are 2 good choices from this list..

Cheers
Old 11th March 2004, 12:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hey Powerslave a V8 Cayenne with 600 bhp awesome . Any more info on the same??

Cheers
Old 11th March 2004, 12:18   #11
BHPian

I'll take the range rover , definitely. i'm not sure but the forthcoming range rover's will have engines borrowed from some american car...... if i'm wrong about this please correct me.
chill.
Old 11th March 2004, 12:21   #12
BHPian

But u know wat guys. i like the pajero-mini equally. after all they've won the Paris-Dakar raid since god knows when. This may or may not have any relation to the regular Pajero. But the Dakar version definitely is a "GOOD" off-roader.
Old 11th March 2004, 15:10   #13
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

my choice will be the Range/Land Rover. the cayenne is fast and powerful but i somehow do not like the idea of a Porsche SUV.
Old 11th March 2004, 16:16   #14
Senior - BHPian

Great polling guys.. The RR and Cayenne are head to head.. Cant say the same for the remaining three though.

I still love the old Range Rover SE . It was really one hell of a car...

Cheers
Old 11th March 2004, 22:30   #15
BHPian

Dippy:
Happened to hear a buzz going on in automotive circles. Yes, 600hp (max torque 900Nm) from a twin turbo V8. Also heard that if this edition sees daylight, it would happen in 2006 or maybe even 2005. That's all I know. But if this ever happens, maybe Porsche should put a flying gear on this Gemballa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]but i somehow do not like the idea of a Porsche SUV
My thoughts too. Maybe we're too conservative Have you heard how Lambo once burnt it's fingers with an SUV ? LM002, or something they called it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed