Team-BHP - Tata B-line. A export model of Indicab??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Tata B-line. A export model of Indicab?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/21432-tata-b-line-export-model-indicab.html)

Tata SA, India's Leading motor Brand. Now in South Africa

this is tata B-line. the chepest car from Tata, currntly being sold in South Africa. i think this is a export model of Tata Indicab.but why SA need such a cheap car??

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 375880)
this is tata B-line. the chepest car from Tata, currntly being sold in South Africa. i think this is a export model of Tata Indicab.but why SA need such a cheap car??

Yeah, i saw the site. I am unable to comment why they need such a cheap car.. may be TATA is trying out it's options. Well, i found this info from the site

"The amazing new 1.4 litre, turbo diesel is based on the TUD 5 Peugeot power plant. This engine has been refined and optimised to deliver high standards of efficiency and emission. This Turbo charged diesel power plant powers out 52 KW and produces 135 Nm of torque. "

Is it TUD 5 motor? I am not clear. Well if it were the TUD 5 engine, it should have been 1527 cc and 57 Bhp right?

Can any 1 throw some light?

Cheers,
Jai

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevertouchme (Post 375894)
... The amazing new 1.4 litre, turbo diesel is based on the TUD 5 Peugeot power plant. ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevertouchme (Post 375894)
... Well if it were the TUD 5 engine, it should have been 1527 cc and 57 Bhp right? ...

It's not the TUD5 but is based on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 375880)
Tata SA, India's Leading motor Brand. Now in South Africa

Some time back, FIAT had launched a cheap, stripped-down version of the Palio in South Africa. May be, this is meant to compete with that. Looking at the specifications, Tata B-line appears feature-rich in relation to the economy Palio model which does not even have a keyhole on the co-driver's door! The tail lights are described as distinctive, so the Indicab lights are ruled out on this model.

To me, B-Line and Indicab look better than the revised Indicas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elf (Post 375915)
It's not the TUD5 but is based on it.

This is a common myth first propounded by British auto journalists while reviewing the Indica/Cityrover. However, till date, none of them has produced any evidence to prove that Indica's engine is indeed a Peugeot copy.

As a matter of fact, before launching the Indica, Tata deliberately got the indigenously designed Indica engine validated by an independent, France-based agency. Still, this rumor continues to float.

Foreign (especially British) journos find it difficult to fathom that an auto company from the land of snakecharmers and untouchables can not only develop a car but also its own engines.

Its interesting to note that Tata proclaims to offer a "3 yr unlimited mileage roadside assistance". Do they realize what they've just offered?

directinjection: I was only responding to nevertouchme's quote & question. I don't know if the Indica's engine is based on the Peugot TUD5 or not.