Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2020, 20:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra loses Roxor (Jeep lookalike) case in US

I am not surprised about this. Mr.Mahindra might say the smartest things about everything on this green planet via twitter but he seems like a man who wants to do everything in a very short span with not much foresight. I mean, who here saw the Thar and never said it looks like the old "Jeep"? And to use that to step into Jeep Nation was a dumb move from the start.

It is high time Mr.Mahindra decides which business he wants to fix first. The disastrous SYM partnership for his scooter ventures ended up destroying his 2 wheeler division. He decided Motogp entry with rebadged Piaggio motorcycles would help revive their name, it didn't and they quit Moto3 in a jiffy just when they were getting results. Took their money to Formula E instead to now market Mahindra as a global name.

Then the Mojo disaster. Took 7 years to launch a product everyone had seen a decade ago. Nobody bought one when it finally showed up. Then he decided Jawa would bring some old loyalists from the brand over and here we are in 2020 with not a bike in sight and the ones sold so far seem to be of questionable quality. Mr.Mahindra recently admitted his 2 wheeler venture has been a regrettable move.

https://wap.business-standard.com/ar...1200068_1.html

And like Royal Enfield who spent 10 years trying to gain a foothold in the US/EU markets, Mahindra too will try and try again to make an entry there with their 4 wheeler division. They are betting on Formula E giving them the eyeballs they need.
Nithesh_M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 12:37   #32
BHPian

Re: Roxor facelift in the works

This might just be the next gen Roxie. Looks like they always had a plan C to come up with something this soon. A baby Bronco, as someone commented.

Mahindra loses Roxor (Jeep lookalike) case in US-fb_img_1593931736096.jpg

Mahindra loses Roxor (Jeep lookalike) case in US-screenshot_2020070514494025.png
SandyX is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 11:28   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

^ Why do i have a feeling looking at the above teaser that the front design seems to be inspired by the Bronco :/
karan561 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 13:49   #34
BHPian

Is that front fascia a mash from Toyoa FJ cruiser & Willy's era Nissan Patrol ?
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 14:14   #35
BHPian

I hope this ain't true but the rumoured design also may face resemblance to certain other models of either companies as rightly pointed out.

Why doesn't Mahindra just stick the Classic Bolero Front to the Roxor! It looked so butch! The American market shall surely like it!

Mahindra loses Roxor (Jeep lookalike) case in US-boleroadfeatured.jpg

Source:cartoq.com

Last edited by sharktale : 7th July 2020 at 14:16.
sharktale is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 15:44   #36
BHPian

I believe those vertical slats can still be contested by JEEP as a design infringement. To safely steer clear Mahindra seems to have ditched those all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
I hope this ain't true but the rumoured design also may face resemblance to certain other models of either companies as rightly pointed out.

Why doesn't Mahindra just stick the Classic Bolero Front to the Roxor! It looked so butch! The American market shall surely like it!
lionell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 17:17   #37
BHPian

Why do I have a feeling that this version of the Roxor may borrow the front design from the Landy F40 series?

After FCA maybe Toyota may decide to sue Mahindra now!
eltoro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 07:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

Re: Roxor facelift in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
A baby Bronco, as someone commented.
More than the Bronco, it looks like the Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser. Looks like Mahindra is really gung-ho about making some money for the attorneys in the US.

FCA - Check!
Toyota - Here we come!
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 10:56   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

The point of discussion is not weather it's Bronco inspired or has inspiration from the FJ40 the more important point is that Roxor just few weeks ago got banned in the US due to Jeep/FCA's compliant against M&M at the USITC as it's styling deemed to be a copy of Jeep Wrangler's.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 02:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
I love Mahindra as an organisation - generally folks who are incredibly decent and reasonably capable. But this was a stupid move that got its well justified comeuppance
No offence, but with the exception of Mr. Goenka and a select few, the general opinion of people from this organisation is opposite to your description.
v1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 15:13   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
No offence, but with the exception of Mr. Goenka and a select few, the general opinion of people from this organisation is opposite to your description
I don’t take offence - my opinion is based on personal experience of dealing with them, and that of close friends who work there. I don’t know what a general opinion is.
Old 13th July 2020, 00:40   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
I don’t take offence - my opinion is based on personal experience of dealing with them, and that of close friends who work there. I don’t know what a general opinion is.
Appreciate that. There are hidden gems in every organisation - hopefully their value is realised, if not there then elsewhere.

TechM is the sort of place where employees are verbally abused (made public) and monitored to the extreme (I think this forum has some examples). They are essentially now an also-ran in the IT services space due to mismanagement. The vehicle mothership is a joke, engineering wise. Their claim to fame is repurposed Jeep designs and tractors - unfortunately their road vehicles have roughly the same fit and finish. Odd flashes of brilliance like the Scorpio and XUV's marketing and product-fit aside, they don't seem to have a clue. Bikes failed. Ssangyong failed. Let's see what happens with Pininfarina and Jawa. They have managed to piss off their latest JV partner even before the venture has completely begun. Club M or whatever it's called is also in the doldrums. Even the generally favourable and fawning Indian press have begun to ask questions.

Sorry, this is a bit tangential. Maybe it should go on Twitter instead.
v1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 19:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

Redesigned Mahindra Roxor SUV partially revealed.

Mahindra loses Roxor (Jeep lookalike) case in US-smartselect_20200718194341_chrome.jpg

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...evealed-418058
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 15:54   #44
BHPian

Not sure what to say, the macho front fascia is no more I would say.

Looks like a frog maybe!
kamilharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 09:04   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Redesigned Mahindra Roxor SUV partially revealed.
This looks like the hood, and fender panels have been replaced with a newer design. The hood isn't tapering towards the grille-end, and the face is wider. The vehicle seems unchanged otherwise. This transition reminds me of the Armada Grand to Bolero change, which was a runaway hit.
Here however, we need to wait and see if the Americans love this as much the previous iconic Jeep looks.
Attached Images

Miel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks