Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2020, 09:27   #91
BHPian

Re: Honda planning a new hatchback based on the City sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Instead of selling the 4th generation City alongside the 5th, Honda should slot this hatchback there! Was too much asking price for a hatchback earlier, but now it has the i20 1.0 TGDi DCT for company.
I completely agree with you!

With the new City touching astronomical prices here in Bangalore, a hatchback based on the new City with sub INR 15L OTR would be very much welcome I suppose! No, Honda does not need to adhere to the <4m rule with this one, just has to be smart with the prices. It will definitely be a good alternative to the i20 and the whole lot of CSUVs. The main USP would be the size and space that it will offer over the others.

As for me, the new i20 is a bit of a love-hate kind of feeling at the moment, not entirely convinced by the proposition. And, barring the Ecosport (which has it's own set of flaws) I will not be swaying to the CSUV bandwagon any time soon. I prefer a proper hatchback or a sedan and the City hatchback is a definite winner on paper.
Porschefire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 09:53   #92
BHPian

Doesn't it feel like just an Estate instead of a hatchback?
Old 28th November 2020, 15:16   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritpal2489 View Post
Doesn't it feel like just an Estate instead of a hatchback?
"Just" an estate? In a way, hatchbacks are sawn-off estate cars. Same principle but less extension.
Old 1st December 2020, 11:11   #94
BHPian

I think it's introduction in India is quite possible. The new Jazz launched in UK is a hybrid only. So I think its quite possible that Jazz in India might be replaced with something else as hybrids in India are not very successful.

Changing the powertrain of the new Jazz won't be an easy task either. The old 1.2l ain't gonna be a strong seller. i20 is coming with 1.0l turbo, Magnite and Kiger will be launched in the same price bracket with 1.0l turbo.

An all new engine and engineering a car specifically to India are required anyway, so why not a whole new car. The only things left to consider are price, length reduction and the brand name City. A hatchback looking exactly the same will definitely impact the sedan.

Most Viewed