Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2020, 12:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

The 7th-gen Hyundai Elantra, now unveiled

Hyundai has released a set of teaser images of the seventh generation Hyundai Elantra. The car is scheduled to be unveiled on March 18, 2020.

The 7th-gen Hyundai Elantra, now unveiled-20200311102313_newhyundaielantraside.jpg

The new Elantra features Hyundai's 'Parametric Dynamics' design language. It comes with a new hexagonal grille that is flanked by wraparound headlights. The car has a sloping roofline and prominent creases on the side. At the rear, the new Elantra gets wraparound tail lights with an LED light bar that stretches across the width of the car.

The 7th-gen Hyundai Elantra, now unveiled-20200311102326_newhyundaielantrainterio.jpg

On the inside, the new Elantra is likely to get a dual-tone interior with slim air-conditioning vents. The car has a 4-spoke steering wheel and a touchscreen infotainment head-unit.

Hyundai hasn't revealed any technical details of the new Elantra yet.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 12:22   #2
BHPian

re: The 7th-gen Hyundai Elantra, now unveiled

I don't know what's wrong with the Hyundai designers but the recent design language seems to be too quirky (case: New Creta, Aura). IMHO Fluidic 2.0 was their best iteration, the pre-facelift Elantra is still one of the most beautiful and timeless looking Hyundai ever produced, I'm sucker for it's clean lines. As far as upcoming Elantra is concerned, I will keep my opinions reserved untill I see one in Flash.
sachin_cs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 12:27   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
I don't know what's wrong with the Hyundai designers but the recent design language seems to be too quirky.
10 years later, the current Hyundai line up will be a gold mine for Doug DeMuro.
"This is a 2020 Hyundai Creta and it is....Strange."
omranga98 is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 16:38   #4
BHPian

I don't know why everyone seems to think the design doesn't work. It looks beautiful to my eyes. Can't wait to see it in the flesh!

The issue with the Elantra has always been it's weak engine. I hope they do away with the 2L petrol and give something better.
reppy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 16:42   #5
BHPian

This one looks pretty neat. Way better than the civic. Got to see how the front end looks.

It kind of reminds of me Porsche Panamera.
indian21r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 16:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

Looks great inside out! Wish it get's a new set of engine's and gearboxes to add go to all that show and please don't borrow from the Seltos/Creta brigade. A 2.0L turbo petrol and 2.0L diesel from the Tucson must be great.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 20:04   #7
Team-BHP Support

Only after seeing the real thing we can say how original it is, especially on the external design. But just going by the teaser, the interior shot looks really nice.

The segment is a diminishing one and it will need something really special to break in. And it will have a formidable competition when the new Octavia rolls in.

Last edited by vb-saan : 11th March 2020 at 20:16.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 20:07   #8
Team-BHP Support

Here's the teaser -

I'm not keeping my hopes high! Looks to have all the modern quirky Hyundai design elements.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 21:53   #9
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 13th March 2020 at 07:57.
vikramv1 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th March 2020, 22:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

Stunning! The teaser is also nicely done!

Slowly but surely Elantra is getting aspirational! The current model was also quite nice, and Elantra has always been high on space/reliability for the chauffeur driven community.
Equus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 22:07   #11
Team-BHP Support

The side profile looks a lot like Audi A5 Sportback and the rear lights are similar to the 2019 Porsche Macan!

Images are downloaded from the internet.

The 7th-gen Hyundai Elantra, now unveiled-2018audia5sportback.jpg

The 7th-gen Hyundai Elantra, now unveiled-2019porschemacan.jpg
BlackPearl is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 22:43   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Slowly but surely Elantra is getting aspirational! The current model was also quite nice, and Elantra has always been high on space/reliability for the chauffeur driven community.
Oh yeah, after getting used to Elantra, I cannot sit in the back of any hatchback or C segment sedan, feels way too small, specially for someone with very long legs and 5'11 with shoes (like me), the only thing of concern perhaps is ingress and egress, for people in their 50s and above. I find it quite easy, though both ingress and egress arent quick and instinctive as taller cars.

It easily trumps cars that are longer, like BMW 5 Series or Audi A4 in terms of legroom and a real bargain for its price. Hope the new one is an improvement in every way, though it looks too sporty and more low slung than before. As it is presently, it is a bargain of the century as its even cheaper than segment below cars like Seltos.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 13:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

It has come a long way from the first gen Elantra that I used to own and like. Yes, I used to like the looks of first gen Elantra though many will disagree. I started disliking Hyundai after the lightweight fluidic design
gadadhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 10:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
I don't know why everyone seems to think the design doesn't work. It looks beautiful to my eyes. Can't wait to see it in the flesh!

The issue with the Elantra has always been it's weak engine. I hope they do away with the 2L petrol and give something better.
I think people (including me) are not liking the rear design of the new Hyundai's. This upcoming Elantra and Creta do look too overdone at the rear. Kinda like the flak, the RS200 received for its overdone and weird rear looks.
Old 14th March 2020, 10:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

The next-gen Elantra has been spied ahead of its international reveal in the coming days. These new spy shots show its interior for the first time.
Attached Thumbnails
The 7th-gen Hyundai Elantra, now unveiled-e1.jpg  

The 7th-gen Hyundai Elantra, now unveiled-e2.jpg  

The 7th-gen Hyundai Elantra, now unveiled-e3.jpg  

The 7th-gen Hyundai Elantra, now unveiled-e4.jpg  

The 7th-gen Hyundai Elantra, now unveiled-e5.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks