Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2007, 14:50   #31
BHPian

I am not sure if TATA is show casing the TATA TL Sprint in the Geneva Auto Show. I think they are show casing the Indigo SW and Sedan Elegante
Old 7th March 2007, 16:27   #32
BHPian

Quote:
The Tata Elegante's features include satellite navigation system, cruise control, integrated blue tooth compatibility, heated mirrors, rain sensor, front and rear parking sensors, and many other contemporary features.
Have you looked at the feature list. Looks like a first for an Indian Manufacturer. TATA has really come of age.

Any idea on how a rain sensor, heated mirrors would help.
Old 7th March 2007, 16:48   #33
BHPian

Althought the concept looks like a weird DC concept, it would be interesting to see how the production model will look...

I guess this thing is based on the next generation Indica platform. I think Tata has a plan. They purposely didn't showcase the hatch to disguise their plans....What say??
Old 7th March 2007, 17:03   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askicode View Post
I am not sure if TATA is show casing the TATA TL Sprint in the Geneva Auto Show. I think they are show casing the Indigo SW and Sedan Elegante
I think you are wrong. I can see a flame red SUV kind of a vehicle in the pictures of "Elegante".
Old 7th March 2007, 19:58   #35
SuperSyn

The overhangs are ridiculous and vomit inducing.

Old 7th March 2007, 22:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

Concept cars are always wierd but the production models do not come with all that flash! Its so good to see our very own Indian manufacturer enter international grounds and display concept cars nearly every year.
Old 8th March 2007, 08:22   #37
BHPian

I would love to see how the car loks from inside. They sure have added a lot of stuff.
Old 13th March 2007, 12:28   #38
BHPian

Moneycontrol Auto Blog » Tata Tries a bit of Elegance at Geneva
Old 13th March 2007, 14:21   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askicode View Post
Any idea on how a rain sensor, heated mirrors would help.
Rain Sensors would activate the wipers if they detect droplets on your windscreen. Heated mirrors are more for the European /Markets where it snows. Works just like the defogger and just clears the ice/frosting on the ORVM's

regards
Old 13th March 2007, 21:32   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Concept cars are always wierd but the production models do not come with all that flash! Its so good to see our very own Indian manufacturer enter international grounds and display concept cars nearly every year.
Exactly. Elements from the concept should make it into the production car. The ridiculous front bumpers will go, so will the LED lamps and other shock inducing items. I do see a design language developing at Tata. In all, an interesting starting point for the next generation Tata passenger cars.
Old 13th March 2007, 21:48   #41
BHPian

the front bumper and the headlights need to be redesigned badly! done that, it will look pretty good. i love the back, which i think dosent need any change.
Old 16th March 2007, 14:54   #42
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
With that Elegante, maybe Tata plans to open up a new segment - the econo luxury rally car that does 0-100 kmph in 25 secs.
hehe...ya it looked like a shady mod job by someone who wanted a cadillac...I`m sure the designer wears a body tight orange tshirt to work...
Old 21st March 2007, 03:23   #43
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I've personally seen this car at the Geneva Motor Show. Here is the link:
Picasa Web Albums - Sush - 77th Geneva M...

Everyone who noticed the car had a broad smile on their face. The car looks totally odd in real and was a misfit in the show.

The Tata group had left their cars unattended. The cars were locked and there wasn't a single representative from Tata out there! The India, Indigo were presented with an extra coating of paint but the panel gaps were very visible. I even saw visitors running their fingers through these gaps and wondering what these cars were doing here.

The new Safari Dicor 2.2 and the TL Sprint pick-up were also displayed. The pick-up seemed to have the dimensions of the Safari. I thought that we could even call it the Safari pick-up. The interiors of the Safari was the same as the Indian one. The Safari was the only Tata vehicle that wasn't locked.

I must confess that the Tata group was the odd one out in the show. They should not participate out there displaying Indica and Indigo unattended and locked. They were surrounded by real hi-tech cars with stunning build and finish.

Hope they are more sensible next time around.
Old 27th March 2007, 10:21   #44
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Honestly, I am very impressed with the Elegante. Its certainly not a production design so we must overlook the quirkiness. Buttttttttttttttt what it does show is a hint toward the new Indica / Indigo platform. The styling is modern, butch and has some well-proportioned touches to it. The side, especially, is killer.

Quote:
The Tata group had left their cars unattended. The cars were locked and there wasn't a single representative from Tata out there!
Unacceptable. The care-a-damn attitude wont work too many places.
Old 27th March 2007, 13:44   #45
Team-BHP Support

Deja Vu

How long can tata get away by showing similar concept car everywhere?
Atleast make some cosmetic changes Tata
2006:

2007:

Last edited by tsk1979 : 27th March 2007 at 13:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks