Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2020, 15:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Take a virtual factory tour with Audi

Customers and fans can now take a virtual tour of Audi's production facility in Ingolstadt, Germany with AudiStream. Those interested can book a tour online at this website.

Take a virtual factory tour with Audi-a202290.jpg

Due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus pandemic, Audi has stopped all factory tours in Ingolstadt until further notice. Therefore, the company has introduced the virtual tour, which can be viewed on a computer or mobile device.

Guides narrate the online tour live from a studio and explain the production processes, starting from the press shop to final assembly. The Audi A3 body shop and videos from the Audi A4 assembly line can also be viewed.

The tour guides present technical highlights from the Audi world and also answers questions that the participants may have.

According to the individual interests of the international participants, the tour guides determine the route for the 20-minute livestream. Users can select the desired stream and a suitable time slot in German or English. AudiStream is completely free.

The time slots for April 2020 are:

Wednesday, April 8, 2020, 11:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.

Thursday, April 9, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 11:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.

Thursday, April 16, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 3:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.

Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 6th April 2020 at 15:27.
TusharK is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th April 2020, 15:40   #2
BHPian

Re: Take a virtual factory tour with Audi

Good initiative by Audi. I've registered for a slot on Thursday.
Looks like each tour is just about 30 minutes. I wonder how much will they cover in that time.
Mr.Bentley is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 08:59   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Thread moved to the International Scene!
Old 9th April 2020, 18:36   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bentley View Post
Good initiative by Audi. I've registered for a slot on Thursday.
I've just finished the tour. It was a disappointment. I don't know if its just for me, the total content duration was less than 15 minutes. I've opened the portal 10 minutes before and waited for it to start. It started, there were streaming issues for about 3 minutes (I could hear other people talking - that the stream did not start). 5-7 minutes late, we were asked to refresh the browser, and I did so, landing on a screen with a guide showing the factory on presentation like video. Within 3 mins or so, we were at the end of the tour!. Some footage at QC area and that was it on the tour. Q&A session: 2 questions were answered and we're out of time!

I thought I logged in late, so I googled the time and I wasn't wrong. I could even see the countdown timer before the tour started. I really hope it was just for me (I've reflected everything in the feedback)

Although, I felt it was just like the shows (How its made on Discovery channel). Nothing beats the details of the factory tours reports by TeamBHP though!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks