Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Old 11th July 2020, 18:47   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Toyota's Compact SUV spied on test in Thailand EDIT: launched as Corolla Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
I dont think it will make it to India anytime soon as it is based on the TNGA platform and Toyota doesnt make that here. Else even the RAV4 would have showed up here by now.

Looks neat though. I hope the 4.4m Crossover which they are co developing with Maruti (next Vitara) looks as good as this one.
The Camry and Prius are already here, with the former assembled here.

The Rav4 hasn't reached here because the Fortuner exists, and being cheaper than the Fortuner internationally, won't have the fat profits the Fortuner brings.

No excuse for TKM to not bring the Corolla Cross here.
The Urban Cruiser and the rebadged next gen Vitara are both priced lower than the Corolla cross pricing range.

No excuse of dying segment like the Corolla, nor impractical like CHR, nor cost prohibitive like Rav4.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 12:22   #47

Default Re: Toyota's Compact SUV spied on test in Thailand EDIT: launched as Corolla Cross

It would be perfect for Toyota to not just replace Corolla with Corolla cross in India but also fill the gap between urban cruiser and Fortuner.
Old 22nd July 2020, 09:02   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

After its launch in Thailand, the Toyota Corolla Cross targets Brazil, spied on test.

Toyota's Compact SUV spied on test in Thailand EDIT: launched as Corolla Cross-corollacross.jpg

Link
Old 23rd July 2020, 11:36   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
After its launch in Thailand, the Toyota Corolla Cross targets Brazil, spied on test.
That looks like the regular Corolla Hatchback. Not the Cross.

https://www.toyota.com/corollahatchback/

BUt i'd love for the Corolla Cross to be brought in to India - Aren't Toyota using the 2500 unit CBU allowance ?
Old 29th July 2020, 18:56   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota moves fast to launch the Corolla Cross in price sensitive markets as an alternate to the expensive C-HR.

Now spied in Malaysia and is speculated to launch by this year end.

Toyota's Compact SUV spied on test in Thailand EDIT: launched as Corolla Cross-main-pic-careta-corolla-cross.png

Quote:
we’re pretty sure that the SUV will only come as a petrol engine option in Malaysia.
Quote:
The 1.8-litre engine is paired to an equally familiar Super CVT-i. Like most of its closest rivals, the Corolla Cross is front-wheel drive only.
Quote:
When it arrives in Malaysia, the SUV will go up against B-segment SUVs like the Honda HR-V and Subaru XV.
Link

And launching in Indonesia on Aug. 6th.

Toyota's Compact SUV spied on test in Thailand EDIT: launched as Corolla Cross-corollacrossindonesia.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th July 2020 at 19:08.
Old 2nd August 2020, 00:11   #51
BHPian

Although I don't see Toyota launching it here in India but I think this was a perfect opportunity for them to compete against Compass, Tucson and the likes. From the pics it looks spacious at the back with decent boot space. The front grille is little quirky but the rest of the design is very European. Being a Toyota I think it had a great opportunity to become segment leader in 20-25L suv market who don't need a 7 seater Innova. But alas, Indian market is less important than that of Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand etc.

Most Viewed