Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2007, 00:09   #91
BHPian

could some give a more detailed explanation to veyron1 posts does sound interesting hey ananth i always like v8 American blocks but it would be beneficial for me to learn more on euro cars on the handling .and also just by better gear ratios and a good exhaust i can get back 1000 bhp is that true and busa i think its because of the weight because i was looking up some more sites which showed the veyron to be around 1900kgs odd and the othe cars some where inside 1400kgs so i guess it must be that.
Old 23rd March 2007, 00:38   #92
Team-BHP Support

Hey Pawan,

I watched the videos... looks quick, and sounds good too..... but, this video just seems so much more impressive (quick) -

cya
R
Old 23rd March 2007, 04:18   #93
Senior - BHPian

sAP, just you try driving an RWD Carrera with all the driving aids off. There are very few people who can do justice to it, and I don't think there are any on the subcontinent.

If AWD didn't offer the immense traction benefits that it does, WRC cars wouldn't ALL be AWD. And the Quattro wouldn't have decimated the opposition like it did.

Mods: this is a very interesting discussion. Do you think we could hive it off into a separate thread? Thanks.
Old 23rd March 2007, 09:31   #94
BHPian

hey rehaan

that was impressive but also did you see the traction loss isn't that not supposed to happen due to traction control.i never thought that traction loss happened on the veyron.
Old 23rd March 2007, 10:25   #95
sAP
BHPian

911 c2 vs c4

Not that it matters, but I am not convinced. Track comparisons are all in favour of the RWD version of the 911 Carrera over its 4-wheel drive version.

I'd rather have the Carrera4 for Minnesota weather (or off tarmac) simply because I wouldn't want to put her in a garage for 6 months in a year. But if I were to move to CA, I'd rather trade it in for a Carrera 2. If it came to laying down your money, you'd probably do the same thing.

sAP

PS: Has someone here driven a 911? Or have a credible first-hand driver reference to point me to? I'd be happy to keep the Carrera4.
Old 23rd March 2007, 10:35   #96
Senior - BHPian

Just have a look at this top gear review,of the Mercedes Sl65 brabus,you will understand.

Video - Top Gear Brabus SL65 AMG - Mercedes

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 23rd March 2007 at 10:37.
Old 23rd March 2007, 18:07   #97
BHPian

Hey guys read the whole thread , just waiting for the results of the Answer to the VEYRON.... anyws the thread did take some interesting turns.....
Old 23rd March 2007, 19:11   #98
BHPian

The run had to be aborted due to weather

A few days ago we reported about Shelby Super Car's (SSC) and now we have an unofficial update. We just got word from a trackside observer that the record was NOT broken. After getting snowed out on day 1, the cast and crew reconvened on Highway 93 in Nevada and had another go at the record books today. Test pilot (and veteran Silver State Challenge 200 mph club member) Rick Doria reported wheelspin at 190 shifting into 6th on one pass that yielded about 221 mph, but felt confident enough to try again. A couple more passes and the 1,183-hp Ultimate Aero TT posted a top speed around 230 mph at 50% throttle in 6th. At that point the car had traveled the 2 miles deemed appropriate for the test runs. The driver reported that he was sure the car could easily break the 253 mph Veyron speed, let alone the "official" 242 of the Koenigsegg CCR. The group will head back to the shop for now and try a second set of runs in a couple of weeks if all goes as planned. We'll post updates as more information becomes available

courtesy
SSC confident Ultimate Aero TT will be will be world's fastest soon - Autoblog
Old 23rd March 2007, 20:59   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath
Thats definitely interesting. 67% loss due to transmission & cooling? Did you mean that the indicated power is 3000 hp? Something doesnt sound right about this.
Yes, it is quite interesting actually. I remember reading this article (an interview of the development engineers) 2 years ago, whilst the Veyron was undergoing production testing; not beta. The article was about the various technical aspects of Veyron- the most prominent detail being that the engine, at an el. dyno, was producing over 2000+ horses. After subtracting the FHP, of course. (Frictional Horsepower; BHP=IHP-FHP).

Yes, an IHP of 3000. Although not technically calculated at crank.

This was under ITC. The engine is capable of laying down all 3000 horses on road, were it not for the tyres, cooling, fuel and exhaust restrictions.

Not many know that Bugatti had to struggle more than it had to, because of the styling of the car. The engineers wanted to change the aerodynamics and aesthetics to make the car more efficient and powerful; but since Ferdinand had already announced and displayed the proto, he couldn't go back to the drawing board. We all know the toll it has taken on the engineering.

I had seen the layout of the seven speed DSG of the Veyron a year ago. I still can't figure it out. Saying that the Veyron is an engineering marvel would be a gross understatement.

And as for the 4WD/AWD vs RWD. The only common platforms where I've had the chance to compare RWD vs 4WD are Safari and Scorpio. No other vehicle is sold in both variants. From my experience, 4WD traction definitely makes for a better (and faster) driving experience.

Perhaps someone who has sampled both Porsches can comment further. Although it can be theoretically and technically proven that a 4WD/AWD is quicker around corners and uneven surfaces.
Old 24th March 2007, 04:14   #100
BHPian

well its failed to beat the veyron's top speed, nice try but you failed America
Motor Authority » SSC fails to top Bugatti Veyron in high-speed challenge
Old 24th March 2007, 09:31   #101
BHPian

well they didnt do it but they would come back in a moth or so and do it again 230 at 50% throttle and 190 wheel spin thats a lot of power but guess they lost but will be back still have faith on them.
Old 24th March 2007, 11:51   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
well they didnt do it but they would come back in a moth or so and do it again 230 at 50% throttle and 190 wheel spin thats a lot of power but guess they lost but will be back still have faith on them.
Thats the whole idea. Power and Control. The Veyeon has been detuned for 1000bhp and drivable power. So you can keep the car at full throttle and still be alive, whats the use of 1153 BHP at the rear wheels when you dont have the b@ll$ to floor it more then 50% and thats where AWD comes into play
Old 24th March 2007, 13:38   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
when you dont have the b@ll$ to floor it more then 50% and thats where AWD comes into play
guess you didnt read the article it said limited to two runs due to weather but it sure does take b@ll$ to go out there and test it out with out the aid of a awd where they know if a crash takes place its death so which takes b@ll$ awd or this huh think about that.
Old 24th March 2007, 14:16   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
guess you didnt read the article it said limited to two runs due to weather but it sure does take b@ll$ to go out there and test it out with out the aid of a awd where they know if a crash takes place its death so which takes b@ll$ awd or this huh think about that.
Exactly bad weather or good weather how does it matter, if you have AWD. Also its SSC problems if they are incapable of desigining a AWD vehicle. Infact they havenot even put 1/4th the efforts of Buggati. Just picked a Chevvy V8 and tunned it.
Old 24th March 2007, 15:32   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Exactly bad weather or good weather how does it matter, if you have AWD. Also its SSC problems if they are incapable of desigining a AWD vehicle. Infact they havenot even put 1/4th the efforts of Buggati. Just picked a Chevvy V8 and tunned it.
you know that is the most ignorant statement i have heard they are incapable.
what makes you think they are incapable so if i put in your terms bmw with the m5,m6,m3gtr ferrari f430 porsche carrera gt,911 gt3 rs mercedes slr mclaren saleen s7 and many more are incapable because they dont have awd.

just picked up a chevy v8 and tunned it so koenigsegg picked up the ford v8 rebored it and put it in the cc 8c guess they just tunned it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks