Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2007, 17:38   #106
Senior - BHPian

Why do they have to wait for 2 months for the weather to improve !!
Old 24th March 2007, 20:22   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Why do they have to wait for 2 months for the weather to improve !!
every site has its own info some say in two weeks some few weeks some few months but have to sit and wait for it.
Old 24th March 2007, 22:59   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you know that is the most ignorant statement i have heard they are incapable.
what makes you think they are incapable so if i put in your terms bmw with the m5,m6,m3gtr ferrari f430 porsche carrera gt,911 gt3 rs mercedes slr mclaren saleen s7 and many more are incapable because they dont have awd.
Thats what i mean incapable to beat the Veyron. The above named manufactures dont show tall claims atleast.
Old 25th March 2007, 05:45   #109
BHPian

but bear with me please.

Looks like there's been a pretty long discussion going on about the 2 cars.

As far as Bugatti's looks are concerned, it looks like a million dollar car which some billionaire with a small p***s would use to woo the ladies. According to me, it looks too luxurious, too comfortable, too rounded. Not the way German sports cars look like. Where is the mean, boring and German look of the Audis and the old Porsches. It looks like a car whose owner could be a villain in one of the Bond movies.

As far as the technical aspect is concerned, more time and money doesn't always mean better results. It certainly can help in getting better results but will not guarantee it.

I will always appreciate small companies like SSC who atleast try to make a challenging car to take on the mightier ones with their limited resources and time.
Old 25th March 2007, 09:46   #110
Senior - BHPian

its a stupid bloody discussion and no contest...

appreciate the effort but there is simply no comparison for the total package and when such a major effort is put it, they should have designed it a lot better than they did..

Zonda was an effort worth mentioning at the time and now look where it is..Koenigsegg was another effort and look where it is now...SSC will be no comparison..

Last edited by 1Day : 25th March 2007 at 09:48.
Old 25th March 2007, 11:05   #111
BHPian

firstly i would like to tell you guys there is no design flaw but the problem was that there is nos safe place to test it but Bugatti got the long vw stretch to test it these guys had to take a public road close it and test it with two runs on a bad road.
Old 26th March 2007, 05:33   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
firstly i would like to tell you guys there is no design flaw but the problem was that there is nos safe place to test it but Bugatti got the long vw stretch to test it these guys had to take a public road close it and test it with two runs on a bad road.
dude stop being a kid. everyone now knows that you are defending SSC like you designed the car or something (and believe me, even the guy who did wouldnt be this fanatical about it).

Race Car Vehicle Dynamics Lesson 101: Power is nothing if you cant put it to the ground.

Race Car Vehicle Engineering Lesson 101: The people who devote the most amount of time and money to achieving the goal are the people who win.

Aerodynamics, Gearing, Powertrain Layout, Tire Dynamics, Track conditions all contribute to top speed at that level and optimising all of these is no easy task. It takes time, money and a whole team of dedicated engineers who work their asses off for weeks on end to get it right. Get it?
Old 26th March 2007, 18:03   #113

"ananthkamath:Aerodynamics, Gearing, Powertrain Layout, Tire Dynamics, Track conditions all contribute to top speed at that level and optimising all of these is no easy task. It takes time, money and a whole team of dedicated engineers who work their asses off for weeks on end to get it right. Get it?"

You dont know whether they have put in weeks months or god knows years in developing the car. Now as u said Track Conditions....they tested it on raod not a track and for that its a damn good result.....i mean anyone here knows any rich billionaire with a veyron who has put it on 200+ on a normal road...i dont think so.....given that it was a normal road and not a special track to test the car those results are amazing...i d say veyron is gonna meet its match....yeah yeah i agree that they put a lot of money and research in that car and all that but hey think about this would u rather wait 6-7 years for a company to develop a car or weeks for the same sort of or better performance.

I cant wait to see this car beating veyron's record....i was checkin out all the stories about veyron...about its performance and they were just damn stories for way too long and beleive me it all became boring and when it actually did manage to get on the road someone challenges it straightaway to beat the performance....man those VW guys d be sh***** themselves.....

looks aint a problem when it comes to performance like that as long as the shape plays a practical part in car's performance figures i d love to c this car spankin veyron anyday.......thats my opinion though......dont care about the technicalities.....
Old 26th March 2007, 18:15   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
to top speed at that level and optimising all of these is no easy task. It takes time, money and a whole team of dedicated engineers who work their asses off for weeks on end to get it right. Get it?
Hey, asses is back off the radar!
Old 26th March 2007, 20:43   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolraj003 View Post

You dont know whether they have put in weeks months or god knows years in developing the car........would u rather wait 6-7 years for a company to develop a car or weeks for the same sort of or better performance.

I've never seen this before. People contradicting their own point of view in the SAME PARAGRAPH. Nice job, coolraj.

I never said the veyron couldnt be beaten. I only said the veyron is a much, much better car overall than anything made by a relatively unknown manufacturer.
Old 26th March 2007, 21:19   #116

Yeah....really....and we are here to discuss cars not bashing others man....as for contradiction is concerned......there was none.....i didnt prove any point there just made a statement and asked on that basis wud you rather wait and i think you are one of those who would stick with the prestige and brand name.....well sorry if i m not....i m one of those who rather get it done by any and every means possible.....and thats with due respect to your view mate

all i said was its just taken way too long for this car to be on road and way too early for it to get spanked.....other than that this ssc wud be beaten as well......veyron has tested my patience far too long dude
Old 26th March 2007, 22:46   #117
Senior - BHPian

yeah we really are here to discuss cars and not give our opinions on technical facts. the facts speak for themselves. Given enough development time and money the SSC may beat the Veyron for all I care but it can never match it as an overall package that people actually want to buy. VW put its money not just into making the veyron a fast car, but for making it a GOOD fast car, meaning it is built to go on and on like that forever till it becomes a timeless masterpiece. If and when the SSC is put into production, it most definitely wont carry a 50,000 mile/48 month bumper-to-bumper warranty like the veyron does. It takes hardcore engineering b@ll$ to give that kind of a warranty on a supercar like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolraj003 View Post
i m one of those who rather get it done by any and every means possible.....and thats with due respect to your view mate

veyron has tested my patience far too long dude
it looks like you're in the market for a supercar of that caliber. Be sure to post the pics here when you do get one.

Last edited by ananthkamath : 26th March 2007 at 22:50.
Old 26th March 2007, 23:18   #118
Senior - BHPian

@ coolraj - It would be highly appreciated if you could stop doing this
Quote:
....... statement........ statement.........
it was very difficult reading it
Old 27th March 2007, 07:11   #119
BHPian

I personally wouldn't consider Veyron as a timeless masterpiece or the 8th wonder of the world as many people here tend to imply.
It might come with a 50000 mile/48 month warranty, but it's not some Chevy which GM is trying to sell by offering extended warranty or other goodies with the car. If a guy can spend a million bucks to buy the car, he can surely spend another million to get it fixed if it breaks down.
The Veyron isn't a very practical car either, with a fuel economy of 4 mpg (not because of the running cost but because of the actual distance you can travel on it under standard traffic conditions) and with a waistline which matches that of the Humvee.
So in the end, you have a million dollar car which you can pretty much use only on the tracks but comes with leather from cows which cost more to breed than a Chevy Corvette. So all that luxury, all that extravagance is pretty much wasted when you cannot go for long drives in the country, use it for practical purposes or even keep any luggage in it.
If you want a track car, buy an Ariel Atom and "feel" it.

Last edited by sujaylahiri : 27th March 2007 at 07:15.
Old 27th March 2007, 07:51   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
If you want a track car, buy an Ariel Atom and "feel" it.

I totally agree with that.

about the warranty: offering a 100000 mile powertrain warranty on something like a Cobalt or Aveo is different to offering a 50000 mile unlimited warranty on a top-of-the-line supercar. thats because GM knows very few drivers are likely to take their shiny new Cobalt/Aveo to its limits like the Veyron would EVERYTIME its taken out. In other words, the Veyron is used less than a run-of-the-mill car, but everytime its used, its definitely not babied.

I think this thread is dead already. No use floggin' it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks