Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2007, 12:55   #121
BHPian

Quote:
If you want a track car, buy an Ariel Atom and "feel" it.
agree on this a 100% also heard that tyhe atom is goin to come with a v8 and also some american company is launching its own version of it.

but anath why do you say that the veyron is overall a better package what is the reason behind that would like to know that.
Old 27th March 2007, 13:19   #122

OK..back to the topic of SSC then, it definitely does carry the old school supercer looks. but the looks shouldn't be considered when it comes to a car with that sort of performance figures. I mean how many of you guys who really think Ariel atom is really that good looking but hey i d love to have that thing anytime..

yeh i agree with u ananth just about one the looks of veyron vs SSC but who in the world of superfast cars worry about looks. I m pretty sure ananth s gonna come back with vengeance in favour of veyron but surely man practicality works more when we talk about cars not the looks. I'm sure the class and luxury we talk about in veyron can be found in the lower supercar segment probably astons and ferraris. I mean that definitely doesn't matter. I like numbers and results and i think if SSC can do that(well i hope so!).....if it doesnt then m pretty sure that someone else would.Lets stop this discussion about veyron and concentrate on SSC.

I'm eagerly waiting for the next tests for this car and find out myself. Pawan...keep us updated bro!
Old 27th March 2007, 13:56   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
agree on this a 100% also heard that tyhe atom is goin to come with a v8 and also some american company is launching its own version of it.

Quote:
but anath why do you say that the veyron is overall a better package what is the reason behind that would like to know that.
dude he has clearly said why the veyron is better in his post. read it again.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...tml#post398511
Old 27th March 2007, 14:02   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why? Do they want it to do wheelies all the time? Because the front end is going to be permanently suspended in mid-air with that kind of engine in the car!!
Old 27th March 2007, 20:11   #125
BHPian

this the original statement by ssc on their website:
Quote:
SSC confident they can achieve record speed
after first day of top speed testing

March 22, 2007
Wendover, Nevada

American supercar company SSC successfully concluded the first round of high-speed testing on Thursday, March 22nd in its quest to break the world production speed record. Despite encountering some unforeseen obstacles, the Ultimate Aero TT ended the session with a 230mph pass at just 56% throttle in 6th gear.

SSC was forced to move to an alternate location after the original 12 mile high-speed testing site was hit by an unanticipated snowstorm. An inspection of an alternate site, located 30 miles north at a lower elevation, revealed that just 2 of the 9 miles set aside by the Nevada Department of Transportation were usable. Dips, cracks, and an exaggerated road crown on the 2 lane highway rendered the other 7 miles unsuitable for high speeds.

The testing session confirmed the stability that the Ultimate Aero TT demonstrated at NASA's Langely wind tunnel, which had previously shown the car stable up to speeds of 273 mph. During Thursday's session, test equipment verified that front to rear downforce percentages and drag coefficients were well within the engineering specifications set by the figures posted at Langely.

SSC made successive 220 mph passes throughout the day and culminated with a 230 mph run just before the 2pm road closure deadline. A laser speed trap positioned 440ft before the 2 mile marker confirmed the speeds. SSC test driver Rick Doria stated that the 1183 hp Ultimate Aero TT had "a lot more to go" at 230 mph and was confident that the remaining power and proper road conditions would propel the car past the Bugatti Veyron's 253 mph top speed record.

The crew spent the remainder of the afternoon scouting potential sites for the next round of testing. Though SSC hopes to run the second session within the next 2 weeks, their participation at Top Marques Monaco may delay the second test until after the event.

Updates and additional information are available on SSC's website, SSC Autos - Home of the Ultimate Aero.
Old 28th March 2007, 12:48   #126

Now that looks better than the blue model that u posted earlier....this looks way better than that....it is american in shape like corvette like but still man i like it.

good post man...thanx
Old 28th March 2007, 13:44   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolraj003 View Post
Now that looks better than the blue model that u posted earlier....this looks way better than that....it is american in shape like corvette like but still man i like it.

good post man...thanx
it kind of looks like a saleen but i still support that car and still believe it can break the record.
Old 29th March 2007, 09:42   #128
BHPian

It actually reminds me of a Murcielago, especially the rear 3/4ths.
Don't forget both are mid-engined cars.
Old 4th April 2007, 15:39   #129
BHPian

the pics and videos from the run:
SSC Autos - Home of the Ultimate Aero
Old 4th April 2007, 21:33   #130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the pics and videos from the run:
SSC Autos - Home of the Ultimate Aero
It looks much better in that colour.
Funny that the test run didnt look like it was on a very flat road... but i guess as long as the top speed section is flat its ok.

Quote:
SSC, LLC is in no way affiliated with Carroll Shelby, or Shelby North America
Ah!

cya
R
Old 20th April 2007, 01:25   #131
Senior - BHPian

Well i dont know if this is posted earlier or not but this is wht i got while surfing..dont really know how much of this is true...

Barabus Sportscars Limited has eventually presented its long-awaited Barabus TKR super-tourer to the public. And what a stunner she is! The car not only outdoes the Veyron in terms of available power (TKR's 6.0-liter V8 engine equipped with two turbochargers and dual intercoolers produces a maximum of 1005 hp, which is four horsepower more than is capable to give that VW on steroids), it seems to be the fastest street-legal car ever. Leftlane News reports that the new Barabus TKR accelerates from zero to 62 mph in just 1.67 seconds and achieves of maximum speed of 270 mph -- that's almost 20 mph more than the Veyron does in a good weather.

Barabus TKR kicks Veyron's rear bumper « Auto Review

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2007 at 07:45. Reason: First link = VIRUS/ADWARE (barabus.info)
Old 20th April 2007, 03:43   #132
Senior - BHPian

Dan - Can't find any manufacturer by that name. Are you sure it's not a joke or a copy cat of Brabus?
Old 20th April 2007, 04:24   #133
Senior - BHPian

No no, they exist. They just chose a really stupid name. The only other Barabus was that convict that got freed instead of Jesus, before the crucifixion.
Old 20th April 2007, 07:48   #134
BHPian

[quote=pawan;394209]this is why i like American cars firstly they don't need 10 radiators or 4 turbos to get to that speed and they will deliver you the luxury and speed of euro cars for half or even quarter the price and this is very rare to see the bhp and torque rating of the huge engine normally you would see most of the cars coming are all factory detuned say for example saleens7 they are actually over 1000bhp but are factory detuned for le mans.
/quote]

I love american cars too for their honesty. Big fat v8 drink a lot of fuel and deliver a lot of power. Here's what I DONT LIKE THEM FOR.
THEY Don't sound that great AT ALL. A BIG FAT RUMBLY V8.
An f430 has a v8 its sounds PHENOMENAL. Its just the whole package that doesn't appeal. This car looks like its right out of a Pimp My Ride program.

Quote:
they dont need 10 radiators
sure they dont' but they dont need even a year before its time to take it to a mechanic. Try making it production friendly. Also lets see in a few years time how each of these cars gearboxes will perform. If they'll breakdown or if they'll live upto the beating.
I'm not doubting the capability. But lets not make a judgement quite yet. Also, if u'r happy with american cars so much...i'm sure u'r mechanic will be really happy with your frequent visits to him so often becoz that dam v8 just died because of a head gasket blowing or auto - tranny failing.
Old 20th April 2007, 08:20   #135
Senior - BHPian

blaze take a chill pill man these american car enthusiasts are hardcore and they wont understand the truth till they get here and an American car breaks down on them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks