Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2004, 11:23   #1
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

According to a release from BMW, he has been named, "Chief of Design in the Development Division of BMW AG in Munich, Germany. He is responsible for overseeing every aspect of BMW Group design globally including BMW cars and Sport Activity Vehicles, BMW Motorcycles, BMW Motorsports, MINI cars, Rolls-Royce prototypes, and lifestyle accessories."

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.a....5&n=156

Oh god, now i'm gonna start hating the Mini and the Rolls too.
Old 4th March 2004, 04:23   #2
BHPian

I just showed a picture of a concept Rolls in one of my posts about 05 arange and if that happens to be his work...oh my god, is that awesome or what??

I hope that kind of designing is what goes in all the next gen bmws which i know is still 4-5 yearss away..till then..lets hope some miracle wakes him/bmw up to redesign these new BMWs, atleast from the back..I dig the headlights of the 7 and 3 and M, the only one that bothers me is 5..so a reworked back for the 7 would do...

L8r
Old 4th March 2004, 13:02   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Bye Bye Mini, Bye bye Rolls...so long BMW

GTO
Old 4th March 2004, 16:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Bye Bye everything BMW
Old 4th March 2004, 23:13   #5
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

It was nice seeing you.[until CB arrived]
Old 13th March 2004, 15:11   #6
Team-BHP Support

Here's a recent interview given by Chris Bangle to Top Gear.

http://www.topgear.com/content/featu...ies/bangle/01/
Old 14th March 2004, 02:32   #7
BHPian

Wow now this is a really really ugly BMW..i didnt really feel that way about any of the other BMWs but this is really out there...crazi...

Whats happening here...

L8r
Old 14th March 2004, 02:35   #8
BHPian

I had gone out for lunch yesterday and I saw the last gen M5..practically brand new..blue colored, awesome wheels..just gave me a visual orgasm..but then thinking of the new 5 just doesnt do anything..the old M5/5 was just soo beautiful...a perfect lux sports sedan...

but the good thing is you can still buy the older one..cuz they still a lot left unsold i guess..and u can get a good discount as well..

L8r
Old 14th March 2004, 04:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

How much more can I hate him???
Cheers
Old 17th April 2006, 19:50   #10
BANNED

BMW was bangled to death!

Now,
They need somebody who can raise them to heaven.
Old 17th April 2006, 22:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

I'm surprised that so many of you guys still hate the Bangle designs.

The E46 3 series was entirely his work, and everyone agrees it looks fantastic.

The E60 5 series is also pretty good looking in my opinion. Makes the E-class look conservative.

The Z4 looks great, the X5 looks good.

Its not like everything he has ever done is bad, ok? He has influenced other manufacturers into copying him. Look at the surfacing in the new S-class.

Yes, I agree half his designs are plain ugly, but I guess they might grow on you over time, or just act as something to make his next design better.

One can mention the woeful 7 series and X3 and 1 series, but come on, eh? Give the guy a break.

But no, I certainly dont want Rolls Royce in his hands. Imagine a Phanthom with flame surfacing......good lord......
Old 17th April 2006, 23:12   #12
BHPian

I dont know what people have against him. Chris Bangle rocks. Mind you his "controversial" 7 series was the largest selling 7 series in the company's history.
CB's new 5 series looks so aggresive......ideal for an executive in his 30-40 s, a go-getter. I just saw a white M5 at kemps corner. Man it absolutely rocks. Those eagle headlights, shark fin ariel and stunning side profile is just too good. He really knows how to make cars look fast and aggressive.
The E-class on the other hand lacks flair. Those 4 headlights and all. looks for the conservative 50-60 yr old.
I however believe that Audi 's A6 has the perfect blend of aggression and mercedes' charm. anyway, thats off topic.
Old 18th April 2006, 12:01   #13
BHPian

It appears the Germans have lost their design flair. Just see the new cars from Aston, Jag - superb understated design with great handling and ride qualities.
Both BMW and Mercedes seem to have lost out somewhere.
Old 18th April 2006, 12:18   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameya
I dont know what people have against him. Chris Bangle rocks. Mind you his "controversial" 7 series was the largest selling 7 series in the company's history.
CB's new 5 series looks so aggresive......ideal for an executive in his 30-40 s, a go-getter. I just saw a white M5 at kemps corner. Man it absolutely rocks. Those eagle headlights, shark fin ariel and stunning side profile is just too good. He really knows how to make cars look fast and aggressive.
The E-class on the other hand lacks flair. Those 4 headlights and all. looks for the conservative 50-60 yr old.
I however believe that Audi 's A6 has the perfect blend of aggression and mercedes' charm. anyway, thats off topic.
Cant believe that the last 7 series was the most selling, i thought it flopped badly because the design was too hard for the conservative europeans to digest.
Old 18th April 2006, 13:37   #15
BHPian

Though i used to be bangle hater through n through..

But lately...
The 7 series has grown over me. Looks classier each time I see it. even the boot lid seems good now(different n bold is good).

The Z4 looked fugly when launched. but now looks way cooler than anything else.

the 5 is absolutely gorgeous according to me. the headlights with those swoops are amazing(make the E class look like its from the past decade)

The 3 is also very sharp looking(though the C is also pretty good)

But as for the mini.. its eccence is of a cute small bubbly car..but bangle would love to carve it here n there.. hence destroying the very essence.
BTW i love the original mini.. not the new one(it sucks)

And as for Rolls.. they're supposed to be majestic.. but if all those cuts are Bangled into place... it wouldnt look half as classy as it is now.

So i'd still support an anti Rolls/Mini-Bangle petition... count me in.

PS: even after reading all what ppl said i stil Love him more.;-) But
just to redeem myself a bit.. i will agree to the happiness of bangle
haters that i do hate the X3 and the 1 series. Hideous cars they are.

Cheers

Most Viewed