Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2020, 17:48   #61
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Honda Civic spied

Wow ! Quite like this change in the design language. In this day and age where odd ball designs are common place, I’m glad Honda decided to stick to clean lines and sober designs. From the sides, this reminds me somewhat of the Dodge Charger’s silhouette. I just hope that when they so launch it here, its a whole hearted effort with deserving engines and transmission options !!
JayKavadi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 19:17   #62
BHPian

Neat and clean. I like the simple and non-extravagant design. It looks more like the previous gen Accord with long wheelbase. Somehow feel the old school clean design will be more common in the upcoming cars like retro-designed bikes in these days.

Hope for a petrol manual and the twin-turbo diesel in the new civic but as a manufacturer will give a hard thought about that, whether it makes sense given the price it might shoot up.
Old 19th November 2020, 20:28   #63
BHPian

Kudos to Honda for this new design language. I liked the design and it is kind of old-school touch.May be in a different darker colors would make this sedan a more bolder look.
Old 19th November 2020, 21:19   #64
Senior - BHPian

I wonder why Honda even bothered with the current gen Civic in India. They may as well have brought this all new model in instead of the silly stop gap arrangement they made.
McLaren Rulez is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 21:19   #65
BHPian

Wow, the reactions from fellow members about the design of the civic are rather polarising, all that for a car that looks as simple as this

I for one don't dislike the design, but I do feel this car has lost it's own character whilst trying to appeal to a larger audience. I reckon, remove all the flashy bits like the LED headlights/taillights and the dual tone finishes around and the design will look like it's from a decade ago.
Old 19th November 2020, 21:34   #66
NTO
BHPian

A Civic should have character. For people looking for anything without a character, there are plenty of cars out there. This civic could be passed off as any other car. Hope Honda is generous with the powertrain options if this 11th Gen makes it to the Indian shores. This would be my order of choosing the civic!

Gen 10> Gen 8 > Gen11
Old 19th November 2020, 22:29   #67
BHPian

I think Civic is the only car get bashed for having clean design language. While other cars get bashed here for polarizing design here in teambhp, Civic gets bashed for non polarizing looks.

I like the clean design, I would've loved it if I have not seen the 8th gen civic sold in India. Somehow old civic still make me go weak on my knees and always makes me want one.
Old 19th November 2020, 23:36   #68
BANNED

Having introduced the Civic brand to India with the 8th generation, it is understandable to expect a smashing design. But that was an exception rather than the rule if you explore the previous generations.

Civic always had a tame and safe look. But whether tame or wild, it looked unique. This is the first Civic that gives of design cues of other cars from different angles. Octaviash almost.

Should probably wait till production spec to avoid prejudice.

Cheers
Old 20th November 2020, 03:46   #69
BHPian

While the Honda designers might tout the design as a 'breath of fresh air', this 11th gen Civic looks everything else but fresh.

Remove that long shoulder belt line (borrowed from the Europeans) from the overall design and what one is left with is an age old front-end design which looks partly borrowed from the Dodge Charger, a bland mid-section with that lousy c-pillar treatment, and an ancient and bulbous rear end. That fat tail-light design is hideous to say the least and the LED treatment would certainly not be able to hide its plump.

The brand Civic stands for something which is youthful, cheerful, funky, agile, and performance oriented and this design imbibes none of those characteristics. This design is all about terms like boring yet mature, interior space and comfort, a quick dash of Europe here and there, etc. The good thing is that the product would still certainly appeal to an audience large enough to keep the sales counter ticking. Would it turn out to be an aspirational product in terms of its design, much like the 8th Gen Civic was? Most certainly not!

While this design is not going to offend the crowd, for the brand Civic, it would age pretty quickly (but not horribly) in my opinion.
Old 21st November 2020, 01:10   #70
BHPian

I wish Honda would give up on the flat front nose design . It takes the edge out of the car.
Old 23rd November 2020, 07:47   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Going by Honda India timelines, they will get this here (with some pathetic engine/tranny combos) after 3 years just as the midlife facelift launches globally.

Looks too executive and Accord-ish.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 20:23   #72
Senior - BHPian

Honda Civic spied testing

Next-gen Honda Civic spied-2022hondacivicspyphotos.jpg

Next-gen Honda Civic spied-2022hondacivicspyphotos-1.jpg

Next-gen Honda Civic spied-2022hondacivicspyphotos-2.jpg

Next-gen Honda Civic spied-2022hondacivicspyphotos-3.jpg

Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 21:49   #73
Senior - BHPian

2021 Honda Civic hatchback spied

Next-gen Honda Civic spied-19honda_civic_hatch_4.jpg

Next-gen Honda Civic spied-20honda_civic_hatch_1.jpg

Next-gen Honda Civic spied-17honda_civic_hatch_9.jpg

Next-gen Honda Civic spied-16honda_civic_hatch_11.jpg

Next-gen Honda Civic spied-14honda_civic_hatch_16.jpg

Source
Old 6th January 2021, 22:04   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

If anyone has noticed the pictures of 11th Gen Civic minutely, they will get a feeling that there are lots of subtle hints of the 8th Gen design. Just see the trunk lid especially the top curved edge, and how the rear bumpers blend with the body, partially wrapping the truck lid. Check the slightly flared cum ‘flattened’ wheel arc on the fenders. These whisper 8th Gen design language.
Not to mention the doors, running board and the skirting where the running board meets the rear wheel arc.

Finally a Japanese (or Korean) car that makes me feel like looking at a car and not at any animal or insect. More like Euro cars.

Last edited by saket77 : 6th January 2021 at 22:10.
Old 8th February 2021, 07:31   #75
BHPian

As Honda suddenly discontinued the 10th gen civic in India, is there any probability that the 11th Gen civic will come to India or not ?

Most Viewed