Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2022, 17:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Spy Pics: BMW X7 Midlife Facelift (LCi)

Why? Why do the designers of most major car companies switch to a split headlamp designs.

I miss the old days of a simple yet stylish headlight design.
Old 25th March 2022, 22:52   #17
BHPian

Seems to have taken ques from Audi Q8 which also tries to hide the headlamps below DRLs behind a dark glass.
Old 26th March 2022, 09:58   #18
BHPian

I don't know why BMW is hell-bent on making okay or good-looking cars into ugly, puke-inducing machines!
This just looks so incomplete and messed up, and forced upon a large facia of the X7.

The Tata Safari and Harrier carry a much better implementation of this dual headlight design. A much better one.

How the tables have turned that we now are able to say that Tata has been able to capture a design element better than BMW.
umohan98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 07:44   #19
Team-BHP Support

X7 facelift unveiled -

Quote:
Fuelled by its highly versatile skillset, the largest BMW X model convinces with both on-the-road elegance and off-road ability. Extensive design modifications accentuate above all the visual exclusivity of the largest BMW X model even more vividly. Indeed, its design underscores more clearly than ever the status of the new BMW X7 as one of the brand’s flagship models. The newly structured front end picks up on signature BMW design cues such as the twin headlights and BMW kidney grille. In their newly interpreted form, these features emphasise the car’s upright stance and reinforce its road presence.

Split headlight units are making their debut in the new BMW X7. The horizontal LED light elements set higher up in the front end house the position light, daytime driving lights and turn signal indicators. The LED units located below them for the low-beam and high-beam headlights give the impression of retreating into the background with their dark housing and deeply embedded position in the front apron, and only come to the fore when activated. The new adaptive matrix LED headlights with non-dazzling high beam and adaptive light distribution now also provide the functionality of front fog lights with their automatic bad weather light.

Discreet cascade lighting for the two BMW kidney grille elements brings a richly extravagant feeling to the front end of the new BMW X7, both when stationary and on the move. The “Iconic Glow” BMW kidney grille is a standard feature of the range-topping BMW X7 M60i xDrive (fuel consumption combined: 13.3 – 12.2 l/100 km [21.2 – 23.2 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions: 303 – 278 g/km in the WLTP cycle; figures in the NEDC cycle: –) and will be offered as an option for the other model variants.

At the rear end, the progressive style of the extremely slim light units, which now have three-dimensional sculpting, is accentuated. The elegant chrome bar connecting the rear light units on the new BMW X7 is enclosed within an exquisite glass cover.

The optional, newly designed M Sport package shines an even brighter spotlight on the dynamic driving properties of the BMW X7. And M-specific design features for the exterior and interior also clearly emphasise the performance attributes of the BMW X7 M60i xDrive. The M Marina Bay Blue metallic paint finish can be ordered exclusively for the BMW M model. Another new addition to the range of exterior colours is Sparkling Copper Grey metallic. 20-inch light-alloy wheels are fitted as standard on the new BMW X7. The range-topping model and cars specified with the M Sport package come with 21-inch M light-alloy wheels. Optional 23-inch light-alloy wheels are available ex-factory for the first time for a BMW model.
Spy Pics: BMW X7 Midlife Facelift (LCi)-p90457500_lowres_thenewbmwx7xdriv.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW X7 Midlife Facelift (LCi)-p90457423_highres_thenewbmwx7m60i.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW X7 Midlife Facelift (LCi)-p90457539_lowres_thenewbmwx7xdriv.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW X7 Midlife Facelift (LCi)-p90457688thenewbmwx70420222121px.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW X7 Midlife Facelift (LCi)-p90457690thenewbmwx70420222121px.jpg

Spy Pics: BMW X7 Midlife Facelift (LCi)-p90457689thenewbmwx70420222121px.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 08:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me or does BMW interiors look more or less the same since 2006? It kinda feels outdated today especially when Audi and MB have really made strides in interior design.
Old 13th April 2022, 13:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Well, I don't have X7 money but I have opinions and some good ones about this refresh.
I like it. Naysayers may naysay but I like the look of it.

The front is definitely odd now but not puke inducing. Hey, I used to sell Toyota Qualis ( I was a car salesman before) and I always countered 'ugly' with 'how long are you going to stare at the car vs sit in the car?'
In fact I liked the black applique design on the XM concept coz it hid the headlights. Nevertheless I'm cool with this.

I found the dash with the curved display the most alluring. This is how large displays should be. I also love the way it is integrated to the dashboard. High-end contemporary furniture style.

These are merely my views and I don't have the tiniest expectations that it be accepted by anybody.
14000rpm is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 07:26   #22
BHPian

Finally the long kidney grills of BMW have grown on me. I really liked the looks of the car.

For some reason the back of the car has striking resemblance with Benz GLS SUV.
Old 14th April 2022, 07:59   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

New BMW X7 facelift first look video:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks