Team-BHP - 2008 CLK63 AMG 500bhp
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   2008 CLK63 AMG 500bhp (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/22979-2008-clk63-amg-500bhp.html)

Check out the new Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series developing 500 bhp and 470 ft lbs of torque from a naturally aspirated AMG engine. An increase of 25 horses from the standard version. That's some German muscle coming from a 6.3L V8 redlining at 8400 rpm.:Shockked:
They have also designed it so that it looks exactly like the Official Formula 1 Safety Car.
Now that's one monster of a car right there. The power is transmitted to the rear wheels with Mercedes' SPEEDSHIFT 7G-TRONIC. 0-60 mph in 4.1 secs, top speed limited to 300 kph.
Check out the pictures and specs on this website
Mercedes-Benz CLK 63 AMG Black Series - RSportsCars.com

wow id need new rear tyres everyday if i had had one of those. looking good too.

it looks kick *** but for the price of a Fully loaded 911 Turbo or something, makes you wonder what to do..anyhow it would be just awesome to own, considering all the track specific tunes they would come with..

top notch..

looks amazing man,0-60mph=4.1sec wow.

BTW how much does it cost?i couldnt find the price.

After hearing the sound of the CLK DTM safety car, hoo boy, it sounds like a messerschmidt trying to attack

Oh yea??! You think thats fast then check out this Mercedes tuned by Brabus. Its called the BRABUS SV12 S Bi-Turbo. 730BHP.
The speeds been LIMITED to 350kmph making it the fastest roadster in the world. HOWS THAT :)
BRABUS Homepage - english
click on special cars link on the left.
If you see the first episode of top-gear this season Jeremy Clarkson's tested it!
Drool over the pics!!! :D

i love the black series cars. sad that it's an auto though(a brilliant one at that, but still)

Quote:

Originally Posted by payam (Post 409412)
BTW how much does it cost?i couldnt find the price.

around 139k i think, which is way too expensive i believe, but still looks kick @$$

Quote:

Originally Posted by sujaylahiri (Post 409190)
developing 500 bhp and 470 ft lbs of torque from a naturally aspirated AMG engine.

i wonder whats possible with a forced induction version of that engine. 1000 hp? Not quite out of reach considering people wrangle 300 horsepower from a stock hayabusa engine.

actually, i think AMG is considering a turbocharged version of this engine. possibly for the SL, CL and S Klasse variants.

Nice car. Looks good too. Can't wait for a new face on it, though.

Ananth, I've seen 500+ hp Busa turbos. 300 is child's play. When are you getting yours? :D

it is a killer.can go easily on a track.Check the radiator of the LSD at the rear.Best alternative to a M6.hope one black series will reach India

in the near future you will see some more versions of that new 6.2 liters V8 engine AMG with supercharger or turbochargers between 570 hp to 707 hp.In order to replace the 6.0 liters V12 used on the 65 AMG models

Quote:

Originally Posted by heelntoe (Post 409817)
i love the black series cars. sad that it's an auto though(a brilliant one at that, but still)

I agree. Imagine how much smoke you could have created by dropping the clutch in 1st gear. muhahahahahaaaa
It'll probably rip the clutch apart.