Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2021, 16:07   #1

Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza

Hello fellow BHPians. I wanted to put my Team-BHP membership to good use, and share some amateur photos of mine. Although not just photos of any type of car, photos of Paganis. You definitely don't see Paganis every day on the road, mostly because they produce less than 30 cars a year, and also because of their hefty price tags, often north of $1 million. I was lucky enough to be in the right place and time for the Pagani Open Day.

Out of all the Paganis I saw I enjoyed common details between them. The carbon fibre bodywork is completely exposed and the woven continuous pattern is a straight up work of art. The sense of speed watching the Zondas and Huayras zoom past Monza's main straight is something you can never experience watching on a screen. Another thing you can't appreciate about these cars on a screen is their soundtrack. The Zonda R, the track ready, superfast Pagani produced a deafening but sonourous naturally aspirated 7.3 litre AMG V12 sound through its flaming titanium exhausts. Here you can watch the Zonda - https://photos.app.goo.gl/LcqE8uq5J32ipBUW7 The sound of the Huayra on the other hand was on the other end of the spectrum. With its purpose built twin turbo 6.0 litre AMG V12 it produced a very different sound, or as Horacio Pagani describes, the sound of a jet plane, mainly due to the turbo induction noise. Here you can watch the Red Huayra being followed by a couple of Zondas and judge its own unique sound - https://photos.app.goo.gl/RQHP13ydLGkxZ9Rc6.

Not only were the exteriors of the cars detailed, but the interiors as Richard Hammond describes, look like a Vicorians Idea of the 23rd century. The attention to detail is out of this world. No material is spared, you can find carbon fibre, titanium, even a mix of carbon fibre and titanium known as 'carbotanium' and milled aluminum.

That is all I have to say about Paganis. Out of what I've seen if I could take one home it would probably be the one of 5 Cinque.

The Paganis in order of the photos below are -
The Barchetta
The Black and Blue Huayras
The Original Zonda - The C12
The Maroon and Purple Tricolories
The Cinque
Last and definitely not the least, the Zonda R.

**Note to Mods**
I couldn't find an event centric forum where I could share my experience so I chose the International Car Scene forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza-barchetta.jpg  

Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza-barchettaback.jpg  

Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza-blackexposedhuayra.jpg  

Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza-bluehuayra.jpg  

Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza-bluehuayrainterior.jpg  

Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza-c12.jpg  

Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza-c12back.jpg  

Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza-cinque.jpg  

Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza-cinqueback.jpg  

Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza-maroontricolore.jpg  

Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza-purpletricolore.jpg  

Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza-tricolorecloseup.jpg  

Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza-zondarback.jpg  

Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza-zondarcanards.jpg  

Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza-zondarexhaust.jpg  

Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza-zondarinterior.jpg  

Yohan Poncha is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 17:40   #2
BHPian

re: Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza

Those are some really nice pictures. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

To add to your notes:
  • All variants of the Zonda R have a 6-liter engine. It's the road-going Zondas that (can) have the 7.3L engine (that too depends on the model: the earliest ones were 6L, which grew to 7L, and subsequently to 7.3L).
  • The Zonda R's exhaust is actually Inconel, not Titanium.
  • The exposed-carbon Pagani bodywork is not a given, but a customization option. As you noted, it's incredibly cool, so many customers do go for it.
  • Regarding price tags, a new Pagani starts at "many million Euros". Some of the older ones can be a lot more than that.

As for the specific cars in your pictures:
  • The black and blue Huayras are Roadsters. The Huayra family has many generations now, with the newer cars being radically different from the older cars.
  • The Zonda Cinque is also a 1-of-5 Roadster. There are additional 5 Cinque Coupes.
  • Zonda Tricolore is a different 3-car limited edition (not in your pictures). The red-carbon Zonda in your picture is a one-off ("Fantasma Evo"). The purple/black-carbon one is also a one-off ("Zonda Viola").
  • The track car is a Zonda Revoluciòn.
meta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 13:14   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Pagani Open Day, 2019 - Autodromo Nazionale di Monza

The first time I saw a Zonda, I thought it was unfortunate that it looked so hideous.

I still don't think it's the best looking car out there - but boy has it grown on me.

Was lucky enough to see the Huayra in 2011 just after it launched, and that's when my appreciation for these cars really skyrocketed (beyond just specs & lap times).

The design detailing is just spectacular. Check out my pictures here.

And damn, the videos you shared of the Zonda R really capture its soundtrack amazingly well
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks