Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2021, 14:51   #16
BHPian

Re: 4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed

Smack my bum and call me Judy!

I love the looks. Sure the front looks like predator had sex with a tank but this thing coming up in the rear view mirror will scare the crap out of anyone. Plus with those headlights it's going to put the high beamers in their place real quick.

Bring it to India Mitsubishi!
digitalnirvana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 17:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

I can see the opinions are divided based on the exterior design. Some love it, while others hate it. Why not bring a POLL on this thread related to the same ?
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 02:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have a 2016 model. Any idea how I can "unsee" this now?

I am quite happy with the (now with respect to this) classic look. As Godfather said "look how they massacred my boy".

The only thing needed was to do something for the lazy CVT which I hope has been fixed in the newer versions already.
download2live is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:02   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
What is not so handsome is the engine/gearbox combo. That naturally aspirated 2.5 engine is old and neither the most powerful or the most fuel efficient. This is one of the most hotly contested segment in the industry (outside India that is) and the drivetrain combo is just sad.
Is that the same as the outgoing model? I've driven Europcar's Petrol Outlander and can confirm that it was a lazy engine-transmission combination. However it was quite fuel efficient and it was sort of the car that just wanted to cruise along at leisure without any sense of urgency. The interior was well packaged but nothing fancy or special. It was very practical. It felt like the perfect rental car.

I think Crossovers need to look angry these days and that's what Mitsubishi is attempting I guess. The new Pajero Sport's front is intimidating but the Outlander looks like a big Panda.

BTW is the Outlander and the X-Trail/Rogue the same car or not?
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 07:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Is that the same as the outgoing model? I've driven Europcar's Petrol Outlander and can confirm that it was a lazy engine-transmission combination. However it was quite fuel efficient and it was sort of the car that just wanted to cruise along at leisure without any sense of urgency. The interior was well packaged but nothing fancy or special. It was very practical. It felt like the perfect rental car.
It is not Mitsubishi's own engine, its the Nissan 2.5 and CVT combo since they are all based off of Nissan Rogue or X-Trail when it comes to Australia.

Mazda 2.5 for e.g. makes 20 odd bhp more, makes more torque and is more fuel efficient as well and its not even Mazda's best engine. The turbo version of the same engine makes a whole lot more power and torque and is only .3 kmpl less efficient in the combined cycle. Nissan should really think about introducing the 2.0 VC Turbo, atleast in the higher spec models.
extreme_torque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 09:46   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschey View Post
This is a Fortuner killer in my opinion. Alas, it would never make it to our shores.
If it is based on Nissan Rogue, then it would be a smaller size than Fortuner, the Pajero is the Fortuner comparable size. Will be different segment.
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:14   #22
BHPian

Its a stand out look at me design and you can say Outlandish. Will it come to India by any chance?
clementw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 13:15   #23
BHPian

Quite like the car and the brand, but been let down as an owner of an outlander in the past, due to service quality & the tranquillised gear box. Never own one again! Knowing Mitshubishi it will be launched at the end of the life cycle for this car and within a year or so it will be withdrawn. Sometimes I wonder why do they even go through the trouble of launching the products!
KKapadia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 16:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Going against the tide here, but I quite like the design. Mitsubishi might be a weak car company today, however they sure know how to design SUVs. Firstly, I love the stance of the car, especially the width. The rear is clean & tight, the side profile is handsome and - from all the new age face designs - I'll say they have done a good job with the front. Will have very strong presence in person.

Knowing Mitsubishi, it will drive well too. I cannot remember any Mitsubishi which had poor road manners...the Lancer, Cedia, Pajero, Outlander & Montero were all well-mannered.
Totally agree . I too find nothing wrong with the front, quite different rom others if you ask me. And I find the overall exterior quite good. I guess it is a matter of different tastes for different people
Old 26th March 2021, 13:39   #25
S15
BANNED

A decent review

Old 31st May 2021, 14:32   #26
BHPian

This is one good looking SUV. Except for the headlamps shape, everything is good and looks macho. Side profile looks a bit like X5 with that squarish rear.

I think they could have given a more powerful engine, this seems to be just adequate. Mitsubishi, if at all planning to launch in India, need to price it aggressively to succeed.
Old 29th July 2021, 12:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

2023 Mitsubishi Outlander Plug-In Hybrid teased.

4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed-2023mitsubishioutlanderpluginhybridteaser.jpg

Two teaser images show the Outlander PHEV's charging port and the dedicated badging on the tailgate and front fender.

4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed-2023mitsubishioutlanderpluginhybridteaser-1.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 29th July 2021 at 12:54.
Old 14th October 2021, 18:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

Mitsubishi unveiled the exterior and interior design of the plug-in hybrid variant of the new-generation Outlander ahead of its official premiere on 28th October.

4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed-2022mitsubishioutlanderphev11.jpg

The Outlander PHEV looks almost identical to the ICE-powered variant, with the exception of the special badges on the front doors and tailgate, plus the addition of a charging port.

4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed-mitsubishioutlanderphevteaser1.jpg

4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed-mitsubishioutlanderphevteaser2.jpg

The color palette consists of 10 colors including Red Diamond, White Diamond, and Black Diamond.

4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed-2022mitsubishioutlanderphev3.jpg

Inside, the 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and the 9-inch infotainment touchscreen benefit from PHEV-specific graphics showing the status of the powertrain.

4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed-2022mitsubishioutlanderphev4.jpg

The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV will debut in the Japanese market in mid-December and in the U.S. in the second half of 2022.

4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed-2022mitsubishioutlanderphev2.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 14th October 2021 at 18:09.
Old 19th January 2022, 08:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

The Australasian New Car Assessment Programme (ANCAP) awards the Mitsubishi New Outlander a 2022 five star safety rating.

4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed-large.png
(2022 Mitsubishi Outlander: front MPDB test at 50km/h)

Quote:

ANCAP Media Release.

19 January 2022

5 star safety for popular Mitsubishi Outlander.

ANCAP, Australasia’s independent voice on vehicle safety, has today released a 5 star safety rating for the Mitsubishi Outlander. All current 2.5 litre petrol variants of the Mitsubishi Outlander have achieved 5 stars, meeting the required thresholds across all four key areas of assessment.

The Mitsubishi Outlander performed well in adult occupant protection tests, with full marks awarded in the side impact and oblique pole tests. Protection offered in the frontal offset (MPDB) and full width tests showed mostly adequate to good results, with some marginal readings recorded. The Outlander is fitted with a centre airbag, designed to reduce occupant to occupant injury in side impact crashes, however it did not meet ANCAP’s coverage requirements, and a penalty was applied.

The Mitsubishi Outlander performed well in the assessment area of Child Occupant Protection (COP), with the highest score (92%) awarded under ANCAP’s 2020-2022 protocols. Full points were awarded for the protection offered to child occupants in both dynamic tests, with high scores achieved in the other areas of this assessment.

“The new Outlander offers an excellent safety package and is a comprehensive offering,” said ANCAP Chief Executive Officer, Carla Hoorweg. “Mitsubishi have clearly prioritised the safety of both vehicle occupants and other road users in the new Outlander, and should be applauded for this 5 star result.”

The Outlander also scored well in ANCAP’s Vulnerable Road User assessment, with the highest score (81%) achieved to date in the Medium SUV category - equalling the second highest score across all vehicle categories. The Mitsubishi Outlander is fitted with an autonomous emergency braking (AEB) system capable of reacting to both pedestrians and cyclists, with collisions avoided or mitigated in most scenarios.

Good scores were also achieved by the Outlander in ANCAP’s Safety Assist area of assessment, with the AEB system capable of reacting to other stationary, braking, and slowing vehicles, and testing of the Junction Assist system fitted showed the Outlander brakes to avoid crashes when turning across the path of an oncoming vehicle. Full points were awarded for tests of the Outlander’s lane support system (LSS), including emergency lane keeping and lane keep assist.

“ANCAP exists to encourage manufacturers to improve their products with every new model generation released. By providing consumers with the highest level of safety available at the time, manufacturers provide immediate safety benefits as well as sustained road safety benefits for future owners and other road users”, said Ms Hoorweg.

“The new Mitsubishi Outlander will be a welcome addition to the competitive Medium SUV and family markets.”
ANCAP Press Release
Media
Technical Report
Rescue sheet for first responders

Old 24th March 2022, 19:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
All current 2.5 litre petrol variants of the Mitsubishi Outlander have achieved 5 stars
Rating extended to PHEV variant:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks