Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Old 21st February 2021, 14:51   #16
BHPian

Default Re: 4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed

Smack my bum and call me Judy!

I love the looks. Sure the front looks like predator had sex with a tank but this thing coming up in the rear view mirror will scare the crap out of anyone. Plus with those headlights it's going to put the high beamers in their place real quick.

Bring it to India Mitsubishi!
digitalnirvana is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 17:25   #17
BHPian

I can see the opinions are divided based on the exterior design. Some love it, while others hate it. Why not bring a POLL on this thread related to the same ?
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 02:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have a 2016 model. Any idea how I can "unsee" this now?

I am quite happy with the (now with respect to this) classic look. As Godfather said "look how they massacred my boy".

The only thing needed was to do something for the lazy CVT which I hope has been fixed in the newer versions already.
download2live is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
What is not so handsome is the engine/gearbox combo. That naturally aspirated 2.5 engine is old and neither the most powerful or the most fuel efficient. This is one of the most hotly contested segment in the industry (outside India that is) and the drivetrain combo is just sad.
Is that the same as the outgoing model? I've driven Europcar's Petrol Outlander and can confirm that it was a lazy engine-transmission combination. However it was quite fuel efficient and it was sort of the car that just wanted to cruise along at leisure without any sense of urgency. The interior was well packaged but nothing fancy or special. It was very practical. It felt like the perfect rental car.

I think Crossovers need to look angry these days and that's what Mitsubishi is attempting I guess. The new Pajero Sport's front is intimidating but the Outlander looks like a big Panda.

BTW is the Outlander and the X-Trail/Rogue the same car or not?
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 07:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Is that the same as the outgoing model? I've driven Europcar's Petrol Outlander and can confirm that it was a lazy engine-transmission combination. However it was quite fuel efficient and it was sort of the car that just wanted to cruise along at leisure without any sense of urgency. The interior was well packaged but nothing fancy or special. It was very practical. It felt like the perfect rental car.
It is not Mitsubishi's own engine, its the Nissan 2.5 and CVT combo since they are all based off of Nissan Rogue or X-Trail when it comes to Australia.

Mazda 2.5 for e.g. makes 20 odd bhp more, makes more torque and is more fuel efficient as well and its not even Mazda's best engine. The turbo version of the same engine makes a whole lot more power and torque and is only .3 kmpl less efficient in the combined cycle. Nissan should really think about introducing the 2.0 VC Turbo, atleast in the higher spec models.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 09:46   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschey View Post
This is a Fortuner killer in my opinion. Alas, it would never make it to our shores.
If it is based on Nissan Rogue, then it would be a smaller size than Fortuner, the Pajero is the Fortuner comparable size. Will be different segment.
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:14   #22
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Its a stand out look at me design and you can say Outlandish. Will it come to India by any chance?
Old 23rd February 2021, 13:15   #23

Quite like the car and the brand, but been let down as an owner of an outlander in the past, due to service quality & the tranquillised gear box. Never own one again! Knowing Mitshubishi it will be launched at the end of the life cycle for this car and within a year or so it will be withdrawn. Sometimes I wonder why do they even go through the trouble of launching the products!
KKapadia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 16:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Going against the tide here, but I quite like the design. Mitsubishi might be a weak car company today, however they sure know how to design SUVs. Firstly, I love the stance of the car, especially the width. The rear is clean & tight, the side profile is handsome and - from all the new age face designs - I'll say they have done a good job with the front. Will have very strong presence in person.

Knowing Mitsubishi, it will drive well too. I cannot remember any Mitsubishi which had poor road manners...the Lancer, Cedia, Pajero, Outlander & Montero were all well-mannered.
Totally agree . I too find nothing wrong with the front, quite different rom others if you ask me. And I find the overall exterior quite good. I guess it is a matter of different tastes for different people

Most Viewed