Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2021, 16:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed

Mitsubishi has revealed the fourth generation Outlander. The SUV shares its underpinnings with the Nissan Rogue.

4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed-2022mitsubishioutlander.jpg

The new Outlander features a unique exterior based on Mitsubishi's latest design philosophy. It has a large grille with U-shaped chrome elements on either side. It gets slim LED daytime running lights with hexagonal headlamps positioned lower down. It certainly is an unconventional design to say the least. On the other hand, the rear looks less cluttered with its slim wraparound tail lamps.

4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed-2022mitsubishioutlanderrear.jpg

The Outlander comes with a dual-tone interior with contrast stitching. The dashboard looks simple and sleek and has a horizontal air-conditioning vent stretching across its length. It has a floating 9-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit and features such as 3-zone automatic climate control, 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, 10.8-inch head-up display, Bose audio system and connected car tech.

4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed-2022mitsubishioutlanderside.jpg

The 2022 Outlander is powered by a 2.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that produces 181 BHP and 245 Nm. The engine is mated to an 8-step CVT and comes with an all-wheel drive option. The SUV has five driving modes - Normal, Tarmac, Snow, Gravel and Mud.

4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed-2022mitsubishioutlanderinterior.jpg

The SUV is equipped with MI-Pilot assist that includes safety features like lane-keeping assist and adaptive cruise control. It has 11 airbags, ABS with EBD, blind spot monitoring, ESC, collision warning with emergency braking as well.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 20th February 2021 at 16:14.
TusharK is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 16:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: 4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed

Mitsubishi Outlander 2022 Reveal - Mitsubishi Canada

RM Motorsports is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 16:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Name:  mitsubishi.PNG
Views: 8014
Size:  770.5 KB
This is what must have gone through the minds of most Bhp-ians when they saw this thread ! To be honest though as a layman I don't know if the brand is still available in India.

This outlander looks good. Good for those in the markets they cater to. They seriously messed up the image in India. I don't know if folks will plough big money into that car in India. They can still revive the brand one step at a time. The ASX is a good vehicle to start with. The brand still holds nostalgia in the hearts of many enthusiasts. In the Middle-East I think the Outlander is priced below the Fortuner. If that is correct they can fill that gap here in the market below the Fortuner/Endeavour.

Last edited by TrackDay : 20th February 2021 at 16:48.
TrackDay is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 16:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

That front is an assault on visual sense.
BANDHAV is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 16:53   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I was wondering if Indian car scene is really the best place for a Mitsubishi?

Given they have all but given up here. I don't even remember when I last saw an advert from them.

Bigger question, will it even make it to our shores?
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 16:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Are Mitsubishi and Hyundai outsourcing designs to a common designer?
The running strip ac vents, the headlight design etc and the overall creases resemble the Hyundai designs lately.
Nithesh_M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 21:10   #7
BHPian

This is a Fortuner killer in my opinion. Alas, it would never make it to our shores.
Old 20th February 2021, 21:28   #8
BHPian

Imagine Headlamps from this + Grille from BMWs. Now that would be something.
batladanny is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 22:13   #9
BHPian

There are bad designs in cars and then, there is this outlander, dad of all bad designs.!
Seriously, is this some cheap marketing gimmick to make sure everyone talk about it, at the cost of productline's future?

How do these designers sleep at night, after delivering such a front facia?
ramki.grandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 23:20   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
There are bad designs in cars and then, there is this outlander, dad of all bad designs.!
Seriously, is this some cheap marketing gimmick to make sure everyone talk about it, at the cost of productline's future?

How do these designers sleep at night, after delivering such a front facia?
They have overdone the headlights no doubt on this Outlander but it’s their family look now and it looks different, stands out from others.

4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed-2f4e2bd0d3dd4c4aa897d961684038ba.jpeg
Updated Pajero (Sport in some markets)

4th-gen Mitsubishi Outlander revealed-fd22d82b310a451cbc1d55a280e47daa.jpeg
Mitsubishi ASX
CEF_Beasts is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 00:49   #11
BHPian

Yikes! They should have named this Outlandish

Not sure why everyone has jumped into this “got to move the headlights” design. It looks not just strange, but ugly (pun very much intended)

The rest of the car though looks really good.

Differ on the opinion that this could be a fortuner Killer. The only way this will kill the fortuner, is if the fortuner’s battery dies laughing! Anyway guess the point is moot as this will never make it to our shores.
Caramba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 09:31   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Going against the tide here, but I quite like the design. Mitsubishi might be a weak car company today, however they sure know how to design SUVs. Firstly, I love the stance of the car, especially the width. The rear is clean & tight, the side profile is handsome and - from all the new age face designs - I'll say they have done a good job with the front. Will have very strong presence in person.

Knowing Mitsubishi, it will drive well too. I cannot remember any Mitsubishi which had poor road manners...the Lancer, Cedia, Pajero, Outlander & Montero were all well-mannered.

Last edited by GTO : 21st February 2021 at 09:33.
GTO is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 10:05   #13

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 21st February 2021 at 13:00.
TourqeHead is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st February 2021, 13:17   #14
BHPian

A very handsome rear design, good stance as well and I am sure will have very good road presence. Interiors seems top class as well!!

BUT THE FRONT, MY GOD IT IS UGLY!! It looks like it is shot with a shotgun on each cheek
SN88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 14:01   #15
Senior - BHPian

I quite like the new Mitsubishi design language to be honest. This is a handsome car. What is not so handsome is the engine/gearbox combo. That naturally aspirated 2.5 engine is old and neither the most powerful or the most fuel efficient. This is one of the most hotly contested segment in the industry (outside India that is) and the drivetrain combo is just sad.

Have a look the competition - Mazda NA 2.5 is both more powerful and fuel efficient, 2.5 Turbo is no contest, Toyota has the hybrid system which is the pick of the segment in my opinion, over 200 bhp and 20kmpl its like having your cake and eating it too or the Hyundai Tuscon which has a 1.6 Turbo or a 2.0 Diesel or even the Honda with its 1.5 Turbo in CRV.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed