Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2007, 20:12   #1
BHPian

Look at what is hanging out in my Town.

Its been beautiful weather here in the mid 20s for the past few days in Greenwich, CT and the local dealers are taking advantage of this and putting some of their wares on the street. This was featured on Autoblog and the delership is about 2 miles from where I live (Also next to the MB dealership where we got our E350 from) so I got a peak at it while driving back from work yesterday. I have seen the veyron about 5 times in person and it never gets old and makes the Bentley's and other exotics parked nearby look very pedistrian.

Picture coutesy of AutoBlog. Check more pictures out at Today's forecast: Mid-70s temps, 100% chance of Veyron - Autoblog

Old 25th April 2007, 20:14   #2
BHPian

Wow! A veyron! Awesome picture! Beautiful weather = Beautiful cars on display?

-Absar
Old 25th April 2007, 22:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

nice!!, i am not a big fan of the veyron's looks, but its performance is just mind numbing..

i like it in red/yellow and black, this is more deep red and chocolate but still a nice cruiser, i would much rather be in a supped up SLR 722 than this for an everyday hyper cruizer, but hey dont mind this at all...
Old 25th April 2007, 22:25   #4
Team-BHP Support

nice!
isn't Miller Motor Cars just off I-95?
i remember passing them once a while ago - driving down from Boston and we'd taken a detour because I-95 was clogged!
Old 25th April 2007, 23:01   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
nice!
isn't Miller Motor Cars just off I-95?
i remember passing them once a while ago - driving down from Boston and we'd taken a detour because I-95 was clogged!
Miller is towards Greenwich Interior on Putnam Ave (Post Road). Right off 95 is Carrige House Motors who also deal in Bentley, RR and New and Classic exotic collectibles. I think you may be mixing the two up. There is a Lexus dealer right by Carrige House under the Railroad station.
Old 25th April 2007, 23:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Ahhhhh the pleasures of being in the US!!! Vcash I'm jealous, but maybe I should catch up with you guys & trust you to take me on a nice car-sighting tour on my next trip to the US!!

Anyways how far are you from Boston/Providence?
Old 26th April 2007, 00:32   #7
BHPian

Ishan - It would be my pleasure to do some car spotting when you are in the US next. Greenwich CT is located between Boston and NYC. 3 hours from boston and about 1 hour from NYC. Now if we are talking Veyron speeds we can cut those down to 45minutes and 15 minutes respectively
Old 26th April 2007, 01:15   #8
Awaiting Email Confirmation

ishan,if you dont wanna go that far,come to Dubai mate,theres a lot to see here N i mean A lot....
Old 26th April 2007, 01:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Ishan - It would be my pleasure to do some car spotting when you are in the US next. Greenwich CT is located between Boston and NYC. 3 hours from boston and about 1 hour from NYC. Now if we are talking Veyron speeds we can cut those down to 45minutes and 15 minutes respectively
Ahhhhh... great seems like a quick dash down from NYC then!!!! And believe me ask some of the guys in India if I say I'll try to come, I usually do land up!!!!

Now where did I keep my Veyron's keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
ishan,if you dont wanna go that far,come to Dubai mate,theres a lot to see here N i mean A lot....
Been there Boss & its bloody awesome!!! Hopefully can make another trip soon!

P.S. Dubai was the first time I saw a Pagani showroom in 2003

Last edited by iraghava : 26th April 2007 at 01:58.
Old 26th April 2007, 18:44   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ahhhhh... great seems like a quick dash down from NYC then!!!! And believe me ask some of the guys in India if I say I'll try to come, I usually do land up!!!!
P.S. Dubai was the first time I saw a Pagani showroom in 2003
Anytime Sir...... and we should do a Mini Kabadiwala Tour in India when I am there next - We need to find ourselves a Challenger and a Camaro!

P.S. I can't promise you Zonda's or CCX's, though Dubai sounds like another supecar haven - I need to make a trip there soon.
Old 26th April 2007, 18:50   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Dayyyum that must have been some experience. Supercars just look like they are on a different plane in person. I used to hate the Enzo's look until I saw it in person at the NY Auto show. Its been love ever since.
Old 26th April 2007, 18:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anytime Sir...... and we should do a Mini Kabadiwala Tour in India when I am there next - We need to find ourselves a Challenger and a Camaro!
Done sir!! Give me a buzz when you're here next time around!

Quote:
P.S. I can't promise you Zonda's or CCX's, though Dubai sounds like another supecar haven - I need to make a trip there soon.
You should, it really is a haven for the likes of us!
Old 7th July 2007, 10:48   #13
Team-BHP Support

Hey vcash,

Is this thing still around?

I was in Greenwich last weekend and tried asking my friend, but he said "ah, yes yes....wait....whats a veyron?" so i gave up.

On the other hand, did get to slide around in a "borrowed" 750, and a nice twisty drive in a modded E46 M3 with 600psi coilovers, CSL bootlid, eisenmann exhaust, and tons of other mods (though still N/A), and best of all - a police siren

cya
R
Old 7th July 2007, 10:52   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
a nice twisty drive in a modded E46 M3 with 600psi coilovers, CSL bootlid, eisenmann exhaust, and tons of other mods (though still N/A), and best of all - a police siren
Now that I really like!!! But you gonna do in the US with a Police siren?? I use it on the highways here to get right of way super quickly!!
Old 7th July 2007, 11:40   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
But you gonna do in the US with a Police siren?? !
Well it was mostly used for announcements like **"xyz, hurry up and get your butt to the car right now, we're waiting to leave"** etc

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks