Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2021, 16:42   #1
Team-BHP Support

2022 Mini John Cooper Works facelift unveiled

Mini has given the John Cooper Works some updates for 2022. The car gets some changes to the exterior and interior as well as the suspension.

2022 Mini John Cooper Works facelift unveiled-p90418144lowres.jpg

At the front, the Mini John Cooper Works gets round LED headlights, a hexagonal radiator grille and larger air openings in the bumper. The front side panels and the rear bumper feature redesigned model-specific side scuttles. The rear bumper also features a diffuser.

2022 Mini John Cooper Works facelift unveiled-p90418185lowres.jpg

2022 Mini John Cooper Works facelift unveiled-p90418192lowres.jpg

On the inside, the car gets an updated infotainment head unit. It gets a new software with better graphics and Live Widgets, which can be selected by a means of a swiping motion on the touchscreen. Additionally, there are some new ambient lighting options. In "Lounge" mode, the display surfaces appear in shades of blue and turquoise, which when switched to "Sport" mode also changes the screen backgrounds to glow in red and anthracite. On request, the colours of the displays can be linked to the driving modes that are standard in the Mini John Cooper Works.

2022 Mini John Cooper Works facelift unveiled-p90418193lowres.jpg

The third area where the Mini John Cooper Works gets an update is the suspension. The car now comes with an optional adaptive air suspension.

The Mini John Cooper Works facelift comes with the same 2.0-litre, four-cylinder, twin-turbo petrol engine mated to a 6-speed manual transmission as the outgoing car. This engine develops 231 BHP and 320 Nm. An eight-speed automatic gearbox is offered as an option.
Aditya is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 17:30   #2
BHPian

Re: 2022 Mini John Cooper Works facelift unveiled

When I was buying my jcw in Dec the sales guy did mention that this was in the works but that it would hit India probably end of 2021 or early 2022. Now that I know what the specs are I don't think I've missed anything (except maybe the rear diffuser which looks good). The digital speedo feels out of place given the otherwise classic styling of the mini.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks